PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Baseball

Red Bull
02-23-2010, 01:18 PM
Bellville opened up the season at Knight Field last night and beat 4A Waller 6-2. Winning picther, Kyle Mueller, struck out 10 of the first 12 batters I believe in a strong first outing.

What will Bellville be like this year? I know they lost a lot from the team that made an exciting playoff run last year (region finals), but will the newcomers be able to fill in and get Bellville to the playoffs again this year?

hookandladder
02-23-2010, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Red Bull
Bellville opened up the season at Knight Field last night and beat 4A Waller 6-2. Winning picther, Kyle Mueller, struck out 10 of the first 12 batters I believe in a strong first outing.

What will Bellville be like this year? I know they lost a lot from the team that made an exciting playoff run last year (region finals), but will the newcomers be able to fill in and get Bellville to the playoffs again this year?

I do not know how good Bellville will be this year after losing many quailty players from last year however ever game that Mueller pitches that will be very difficult to beat.

Red Bull
02-23-2010, 01:37 PM
I agree with you. When Kyle is on Bellville will be in every game he pitches. He was really on last night.

I think Bellville will be fine for Coach Cerny always seems to get the best out of the kids he has each year.

XMan
02-23-2010, 02:15 PM
Did Bellville get their scrimmage in with Katy Taylor? If so, how did that come out?

Red Bull
02-23-2010, 05:36 PM
I believe they did. I did not hear how they looked though. I bet it was wierd for Coach Cerny without this brother Melvin on the other side for KT this year.

Spread It Out
02-23-2010, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by XMan
Did Bellville get their scrimmage in with Katy Taylor? If so, how did that come out?

Bellville got murdered against Katy Taylor. In the 14 inning scrimmage they didn't get their first hit until the 8th or 9th inning and only scratched across 2-3 runs.

OLE'BULL
02-23-2010, 07:05 PM
Isnt Mueller going to rice to play baseball? Will he get significant playing time as a true frosh???

Daddy D 11
02-23-2010, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by OLE'BULL
Isnt Mueller going to rice to play baseball? Will he get significant playing time as a true frosh???

Yes. And at a program such a Rice's those things aren't determined until you actually get on campus in the fall and start proving yourself. Coaches will say anything to a kid to get him to go there, so he might think he is going to see time but until you get there and show them what you got against college hitters, you don't have nothing.

hookandladder
02-24-2010, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Yes. And at a program such a Rice's those things aren't determined until you actually get on campus in the fall and start proving yourself. Coaches will say anything to a kid to get him to go there, so he might think he is going to see time but until you get there and show them what you got against college hitters, you don't have nothing.

Very true, he has all the talent to become one of their pitchers however at a school such as Rice you have to earn playing time. Coached a kid in the summer that signed with Rice as a pitcher and never sniffed the mound in 2 years, transferred in of story.

Red Bull
02-24-2010, 08:06 AM
Kyle has all the tools to be a great pitcher. A lot of things will have to come together to make him a special pitcher at the next level. He also has all the tools major league scouts covet as well. You never know he may never end up at Rice.

duckhunter
02-24-2010, 10:43 AM
You never know he may never end up at Rice.

what are you implying?

Daddy D 11
02-24-2010, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by duckhunter
what are you implying?

Guess he is implying that he is going to get drafted? He won't get the money he wants to go in the draft.

Red Bull
02-24-2010, 01:16 PM
Yes I was implying he MAY get drafted. If you combine his size / skill along with a great season (high strike outs, low ERA, good velocity) he will have the scouts excited about him. Then it could just come down to what team drafts him and what they are willing to pay to get him in no matter what round he gets picked in. It happens all the time. I hope he does go to Rice so we can drive to Houston and watch him pitch. A lot of the kids that get drafted you never hear of them or see them again.

rancher
02-24-2010, 01:37 PM
His best bet, go to Rice and get a quality education you can use the rest of your life.

Daddy D 11
02-24-2010, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by rancher
His best bet, go to Rice and get a quality education you can use the rest of your life.

YEP

Red Bull
02-24-2010, 01:53 PM
He has good head on his shoulders and has a great family. He will make the right decision for him and his family, whatever that may be.

Bull's-eye
02-25-2010, 11:45 AM
He has good head on his shoulders and has a great family. He will make the right decision for him and his family, whatever that may be.

I second that, looking forward to watching him pitch a few games this season. definitely worth the drive.

How does the district look? I was very impressed by those boys from Giddings.

Red Bull
02-25-2010, 12:58 PM
Giddings will be great this year. I think they returned like 7 starters from state finalist team. They will be tough to beat. As for the others who knows. I hear Columbus could be pretty good as well. Might be a good race for 2nd and 3rd unless Giddings falters.

allforball
02-25-2010, 01:31 PM
Giddings will be great this year. I think they returned like 7 starters from state finalist team. They will be tough to beat. As for the others who knows. I hear Columbus could be pretty good as well. Might be a good race for 2nd and 3rd unless Giddings falters.

Columbus returns only 2 starters from last year. Do they have some young talent?

Red Bull
02-25-2010, 04:06 PM
That is just what a reliable source said on Columbus. They said the Cards could surprise some people so who knows. What does LaGrange have?

allforball
02-25-2010, 04:29 PM
That is just what a reliable source said on Columbus. They said the Cards could surprise some people so who knows. What does LaGrange have?
Return all starters, less #1 Pitcher/1B from last year.

Spread It Out
02-25-2010, 05:16 PM
Giddings will not falter.

Daddy D 11
02-25-2010, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Spread It Out
Giddings will not falter.

They're going to win every game?

Red Bull
03-01-2010, 12:21 PM
Every team no matter how good can loose a game. I remember #1 Cuero last year in the playoffs was taken down in one game playoff by a pitcher having a great game. Like I said it can happen, but Giddings will surely not loose many with the returning talent they have.

Booter11
03-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by allforball
Columbus returns only 2 starters from last year. Do they have some young talent?

The key for Columbus this year will be to find leadership... They do have talent but they need someone to step up and lead... Lots of power in the lineup with the bats but they lack depth in pitching, plenty of relief pitchers returning but nobody that has proven they can go the distance on the mound... By the time district comes around they will need those two thing to happen or it will be a rough district schedule for the Cards

teetle
03-03-2010, 02:15 PM
DE Cardinals be nots toos goods this year. Theys be sucking theys loose too muches last year. Theys good peoples. But theys bees too young. Watch outfor de Tigers.:D :eek: :D

Red Bull
03-05-2010, 08:42 AM
I see Bellville beat 5A Cy Ridge in close one at the Wharton Tournament. Way to go Bellville!

XMan
03-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Big congrats go out to the Brahma baseball team. They ended up winning the tournament, scoring lots of runs along the way. Keep up the winning!

Red Bull
03-08-2010, 02:13 PM
XMan, Do you have any details? I saw the scores in the Chronicle this weekend, but didn't know how the games all went. I was hoping to go to game today, but it looks like weather will get us again this Monday.