View Full Version : Pecos Coach

tex_male
02-23-2010, 02:12 AM
Link http://varsity.oaoa.com/articles/henson-5673-pecos-reassigned.html

Football: Henson gets reassigned in Pecos
Comments 3 | Recommend 5
February 18, 2010 10:14 PM
BY CRAIG CRAKER
In a move that had been whispered about for nearly a year, the Pecos-Barstow-Toyah Independent School District reassigned athletic director and head football coach Chris Henson on Wednesday.

Henson said new superintendent Santos Lujan told him that he wanted to go in a different direction.

“The only reason (Lujan) gave me is that he wants to bring in his own people,” Henson said. “People that he knew and trusted in that position.”

Henson was the head football coach in Pecos for four seasons, compiling a 17-24 record. The Eagles advanced to the Class 3A playoffs the last two seasons, losing in the bi-district round both years.

The district has reassigned Henson to a yet-to-be determined administrative position.

“They offered me a contract as an administrator position,” Henson said, “but they didn’t know in what capacity.”

Henson has two daughters who will attend Pecos High School in the fall and a fifth-grade son.

“We are looking at what we need to do as a family right now,” Henson said. “I’m a coach and that is what I know how to do. I have my administrative degree and everything, I can do that, but coaching is what I do. It is in my blood, but we will explore the options we have.

“We’d love to look at some different things.”

Lujan came to Pecos-Barstow-Toyah ISD from the same position at Kermit ISD. The AD/football coach position has not been posted yet.