PDA

View Full Version : Creative people

Ranger Mom
02-22-2010, 08:57 PM
My daughter needs to come up with something creative to "draw" people into the framing department of Micheal's that she manages.

They keep her so busy doing everything else she hasn't had time to sit down and think of anything....and the fact that she is NOT creative isn't helping her any either!!:p

She said one thing another store did is have frames coming haphazard from the ceiling down the wall and a nicely framed photo at the bottom saying, "Our frame prices are falling."

Another store had a more simple idea and just duct taped arrows to the floor leading to the back of the store where the framing department is.

I told her I see if any of y'all had any ideas.

So....if any of you more creative types think of something, please let me know!

Thanks in advance!!

Daddy D 11
02-22-2010, 08:59 PM
Always have music playing that is just loud enough to be heard. It'll draw people there every time.

NateDawg39
02-22-2010, 09:00 PM
She could just walk around and say "hey go to the back we have cheap stuff".

:D

Ranger Mom
02-22-2010, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
She could just walk around and say "hey go to the back we have cheap stuff".

:D

Actually...they are kinda pricey, IMO!!

NateDawg39
02-22-2010, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Actually...they are kinda pricey, IMO!! Oh lol...well never mind then :p

carter08
02-22-2010, 09:12 PM
a reb ribbon about 7 feet off the ground leading from the front door to the frames section.

LE Dad
02-22-2010, 09:12 PM
Just a quickie!!

Large frame with mirror behind it. A header saying something like "Been framed lately" underneath "No better time than NOW"
HUGE FRAME SALE... We know a good frame job when we see one. I have tons. Love marketing.

Ranger Mom
02-22-2010, 09:13 PM
I was trying to think of something to tie in with "I've been framed" or "You've been framed"....but as you well know Natedawg, my mind isn't working as good as it used to! :D

Ranger Mom
02-22-2010, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Just a quickie!!

Large frame with mirror behind it. A header saying something like "Been framed lately" underneath "No better time than NOW"
HUGE FRAME SALE... We know a good frame job when we see one. I have tons. Love marketing.

Good stuff!!

Keep em coming!!:)

pirate4state
02-22-2010, 09:16 PM
Just a quickie!!

HUGE FRAME SALE... We know a good frame job when we see one. I have tons. Love marketing. I was trying to come up with something to incorporate movies that were about "frame jobs". Love marketing too. :thumbsup:

NateDawg39
02-22-2010, 09:18 PM
I was trying to think of something to tie in with "I've been framed" or "You've been framed"....but as you well know Natedawg, my mind isn't working as good as it used to! :D Framed...framed :thinking:

Any famous people in the area who have been "framed" for illicit activities? Use them as guests to help sale

Ranger Mom
02-22-2010, 09:21 PM
Framed...framed :thinking:

Any famous people in the area who have been "framed" for illicit activities? Use them as guests to help sale

The store is in Odessa...the only "famous" person I know of from there is Roy Williams!

NateDawg39
02-22-2010, 09:25 PM
The store is in Odessa...the only "famous" person I know of from there is Roy Williams! I bet there are a few oil tycoons in the area who have been framed for money laundering :D

Ranger Mom
02-22-2010, 09:26 PM
I bet there are a few oil tycoons in the area who have been framed for money laundering :D

Probably plenty in Midland!

NateDawg39
02-22-2010, 09:27 PM
Probably plenty in Midland! Sadly I can name 2 who were charged that I worked for lol

LE Dad
02-22-2010, 09:27 PM
Frame a posterboard with the wording "surrounding what matters most, one frame at a time"Or for better visual effect you can use multple frames with varied sizing and place "surrounding what matters" in large one and then one word in each of the others as you go down the aisle.

TheDOCTORdre
02-22-2010, 09:35 PM
How bout a picture of Roger Rabbit and then the caption "We framed Roger Rabbit, and we'll frame anything else you need us to. GREAT DEALS ON FRAMES"

Ranger Mom
02-22-2010, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
How bout a picture of Roger Rabbit and then the caption "We framed Roger Rabbit, and we'll frame anything else you need us to. GREAT DEALS ON FRAMES"

LOL!! I just called her gave her some of these ideas and when I got to this one, she asked, "Who's Roger Rabbit?" :doh:

NateDawg39
02-22-2010, 09:47 PM
LOL!! I just called her gave her some of these ideas and when I got to this one, she asked, "Who's Roger Rabbit?" :doh: I can't believe that :doh: :doh:

Ranger Mom
02-22-2010, 09:50 PM
I can't believe that :doh: :doh:

Well that movie DID come out the year before she was born......I have never even seen it!

NateDawg39
02-22-2010, 09:51 PM
Well that movie DID come out the year before she was born......I have never even seen it! Te Wizard Of Oz came out like 40 years before I was born and EVERYONE has seen it :tongue:

Ranger Mom
02-22-2010, 09:54 PM
Te Wizard Of Oz came out like 40 years before I was born and EVERYONE has seen it :tongue:

So are you saying Who Framed Roger Rabbit is a classic like The Wizard of Oz??

NateDawg39
02-22-2010, 09:55 PM
So are you saying Who Framed Roger Rabbit is a classic like The Wizard of Oz?? In it's own genre yes :D

Ranger Mom
02-22-2010, 09:57 PM
In it's own genre yes :D

I thought it was silly, I could never get into it.

NateDawg39
02-22-2010, 09:58 PM
I thought it was silly, I could never get into it. Oh what do you know! Your a silly girl whose clothes don't match :tongue: :wave:

Ranger Mom
02-22-2010, 10:00 PM
Oh what do you know! Your a silly girl whose clothes don't match :tongue: :wave:

I will have you know that I am wearing a red and black flannel night shirt and red spandex tights and they match PERFECTLY.....but I am STILL cold!!!:mad:

We have officially hijacked my thread!!!:doh:

NateDawg39
02-22-2010, 10:02 PM
I will have you know that I am wearing a red and black flannel night shirt and red spandex tights and they match PERFECTLY.....but I am STILL cold!!!:mad:

We have officially hijacked my thread!!!:doh: Spandex eh :thinking:

Ranger Mom
02-22-2010, 10:03 PM
Spandex eh :thinking:

They are warm and comfy!!

NateDawg39
02-22-2010, 10:04 PM
They are warm and comfy!! Im wearing a yellow flannel and black shorts :D

Not spandex though:nerd:

GreenMonster
02-22-2010, 10:05 PM
She could put a picture of Roger Rabbit in a frame and put "We framed Roger Rabbit!" under it .

Ranger Mom
02-22-2010, 10:06 PM
Im wearing a yellow flannel and black shorts :D

Not spandex though:nerd:

A yellow flannel night shirt?? Nice!:thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
02-22-2010, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
She could put a picture of Roger Rabbit in a frame and put "We framed Roger Rabbit!" under it .

Now you are just being redundant!!!:p :p

NateDawg39
02-22-2010, 10:08 PM
A yellow flannel night shirt?? Nice!:thumbsup: its my "I feel like not fitting in" shirt when I go to the sports bars

GreenMonster
02-22-2010, 10:17 PM
Now you are just being redundant!!!:p :p

Oh, sorry. I don't read anything that Dre posts anymore because it's usually just, "I'm here in case this thread gets closed" or some other garbage about playing old man "powder puff" football

Ranger Mom
02-22-2010, 10:18 PM
Oh, sorry. I don't read anything that Dre posts anymore because it's usually just, "I'm here in case this thread gets closed" or some other garbage about playing old man "powder puff" football

LOL!!! Poor Dre!!

LE Dad
02-22-2010, 10:18 PM
Form a large nail out of foil and place in a frame. And caption with "a special frame can 'nail' that special picture" or something like that.

jason
02-22-2010, 10:21 PM
how about a sign at the front of the store that says something like 'free lapdances in frame department' or 'naked chicks for your photo frames @ rear'

TheDOCTORdre
02-22-2010, 10:21 PM
LOL!! I just called her gave her some of these ideas and when I got to this one, she asked, "Who's Roger Rabbit?" :doh:

all my good ideas are wasted:mad:

TheDOCTORdre
02-22-2010, 10:22 PM

them are fighting words

Ranger Mom
02-22-2010, 10:24 PM
all my good ideas are wasted:mad:

I loved it!!

I asked her what the average age of people having stuff framed was and she simply said, "old people".....so since she is 20, that could mean anything between 30 and 110!!:D

Ranger Mom
02-22-2010, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by jason
how about a sign at the front of the store that says something like 'free lapdances in frame department' or 'naked chicks for your photo frames @ rear'

She just bought a house, she would like to keep her job so she can pay for it!!:)

CenTexSports
02-22-2010, 10:44 PM
How about using a box of red condoms. Blow some up like balloons and put the others down win a way that points to the back of the store.

At the start of the framing department, have a sign that says
"We've Got You Covered!" and sign it Ranger Mom's kid.

Most of West Texas will know who this is and what is better than a celebrity endorsement?

Green Bling
02-22-2010, 10:46 PM
I don't know if any of these ideas appealed to her, but not only are some of these hysterical, some are down right good!

Ranger Mom
02-22-2010, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Green Bling
I don't know if any of these ideas appealed to her, but not only are some of these hysterical, some are down right good!

I agree wholeheartedly!!

LE Dad
02-22-2010, 11:07 PM
Bam!! Pic of Pachino as "Scarface" pointing his uzi at a frame and caption "say hello to my little frame":D

Ranger Mom
02-22-2010, 11:09 PM
Bam!! Pic of Pachino as "Scarface" pointing his uzi at a frame and caption "say hello to my little frame":D

These are great!!!

Farmersfan
02-23-2010, 10:53 AM
How about a play on words? something like:

"We don't know how to frame a house"!
"We have never sold a bed frame"!
"We would not frame an innocent man"!

"But we can Frame your memories."

Ranger Mom
02-23-2010, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan

I like that one too!!!!!

Roger Rabbit was the only one she could remember when she talked to her boss today, (kinda funny considering she didn't even know who Roger Rabbit was) and he loved that idea. That is the one they are going with this week.

She also liked the Al Pacino...."say hello to my little frame" idea....she knew that one (except she thought it was Clint Eastwood!):doh:

Anyway....she wants to use all the ideas (well, not the naked idea or condom one)....MOST of the ideas on here!!!

Thanks again!!

I knew I could count on y'all!!!

Ranger Mom
02-24-2010, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan

Just so you know....something to that effect will be printed on the back of her T-shirt!!!:clap: :clap:

Farmersfan
02-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Just so you know....something to that effect will be printed on the back of her T-shirt!!!:clap: :clap:

Consider this one a freebie! The next one will cost plenty!!!! LOL!