pirateman98
11-22-2003, 11:11 PM
What are your thoughts on this game?

espn1
11-22-2003, 11:13 PM
Burnet by at least 4 TD's!

surfspike
11-22-2003, 11:16 PM
I hope Sinton comes ready to play some PHYSICAL football because that may be the only thing that can stop this burnet team. maybe. :>/

cc700
11-22-2003, 11:16 PM
SINTON SHOULD NOT EVEN SHOW UP. BURNET-56 SINTON-13

sintonpop
11-22-2003, 11:18 PM
Show up! It will be an honor for our young men to compete against a great team like Burnet.

mwisnews
11-22-2003, 11:26 PM
Burnet has an unstoppable offense. Sinton has lost 4 games and has lost their running back and to graduation. Burnet has too much experience and are better than last year. Burnet wins this by 5 touchdowns. If Burnet loses then Sinton would have to shut down the offense. Burnet has experience in playing the Astrodome so Burnet goes to win and face Jasper.

espn1
11-22-2003, 11:30 PM
mwisnews:
Burnet has an unstoppable offense. Sinton has lost 4 games and has lost their running back and to graduation. Burnet has too much experience and are better than last year. Burnet wins this by 5 touchdowns. If Burnet loses then Sinton would have to shut down the offense. Burnet has experience in playing the Astrodome so Burnet goes to win and face Jasper.AstroDome??????

mwisnews
11-22-2003, 11:35 PM
I'm sorry Alamodome, man being close to Houston or 71 miles away can change your thinking.

eye of the tiger
11-22-2003, 11:49 PM
There is no argument that Burnet doesn't have a great team, but I wouldn't count the Sinton game in the win collumn just yet. Pirates play good football and will not just roll over like many of Burnet's opponets this year. Losses early in the season do not mean much this time of the year. Should be a good football game.

Sintonz_Wrecken
11-23-2003, 12:05 AM
Burnet is good .. we went and saw them today not bad at all...But, Warton looked real lazy out there even a staff member from victoria told us that they looked lazy. Im not taking nothen from Burnet cause i know they got talent, but we are a young team (Sinton). And we are the underdogs and WE AINT GOT NOTHEN TO LOSE.

SINTON81
11-23-2003, 12:17 AM
Don't know if this is true, but channel 6 news just said Sinton vs. Burnet, 6:00 Sat. at Victoria.

<small>[ November 22, 2003, 11:38 PM: Message edited by: SINTON81 ]</small>

SintonFan
11-23-2003, 12:29 AM
This is different year and a different team. This is not the team from early in the season. Sinton has turned it up a notch for several weeks now. Don't count out these Pirates!!!

pirate4state
11-23-2003, 12:38 AM
Pirates are gonna have to work HARD, stay FOCUSED, and PLAY for 48 minutes!! Burnet has a great team and I am NOT taking anything away from them, but I gotta go with my boys & hope they play to their potential & beat those Dawgs. wink It'll be a short week, lots of food around, so just stay disciplined & come out and do your best!! GOOOOOOOO PIRATES!!! :D

JHS_c/o_06'
11-23-2003, 12:48 AM
Dont you just wish it was the (next)weekend allready?

GreatBigBurnetFan
11-23-2003, 03:15 AM
Hi dear Sinton folks,
Please understand, Burnet takes NO ONE FOR GRANTED. Burnet has to line up and play which ever
team comes before us. Sinton, is a real class program. Real class fans. It will be an honor to play Sinton again. Best wishes for NO INJURIES for either team. Congrats on getting this far.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

bleedmaroon
11-23-2003, 09:22 AM
Much has been said about Sinton's four losses. Keep in mind those losses came early in the season generall against tough playoff teams. Cuero, Rice, and even G-P in 4A.

aamove
11-23-2003, 09:29 AM
I'm hoping that Sinton pulls this one off. Even though Burnett does have the advantage in this game. I'll predict Sinton by 1.

HotDawg89
11-23-2003, 10:42 AM
aamove:
I'm hoping that Sinton pulls this one off. Even though Burnett does have the advantage in this game. I'll predict Sinton by 1.You just hope it is Sinton by 1. :D

sinton66
11-23-2003, 10:54 AM
Hotdawg89, I hope we win by 1 also. wink

<small>[ November 23, 2003, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

pirate4state
11-23-2003, 11:01 AM
HotDawg89:

aamove:
I'm hoping that Sinton pulls this one off. Even though Burnett does have the advantage in this game. I'll predict Sinton by 1.You just hope it is Sinton by 1. :D It is good to have some hope!! :D We'll be lookin' forward to playing w/ Burnet. Like someone else said it is an honor & a privilege to play against the #1 team in the state. Our guys may pull off the UPSET of the year or they may fall short and learn from it & it will help them for next season. Either way it has been a great season for this young team & all we want is an INJURY free game with good sportsmanship. GOOOOOOOOOO PIRATES!!!

bd0707
11-23-2003, 11:35 AM
pirate4state:

HotDawg89:

aamove:
I'm hoping that Sinton pulls this one off. Even though Burnett does have the advantage in this game. I'll predict Sinton by 1.You just hope it is Sinton by 1. :D It is good to have some hope!! :D We'll be lookin' forward to playing w/ Burnet. Like someone else said it is an honor & a privilege to play against the #1 team in the state. Our guys may pull off the UPSET of the year or they may fall short and learn from it & it will help them for next season. Either way it has been a great season for this young team & all we want is an INJURY free game with good sportsmanship. GOOOOOOOOOO PIRATES!!!Pirate4state, last years matchup between Bunet and Sinton was classic, two teams, either one of which would have represented reg.4 well. This site offered great banter between the fans of both teams forging mutual respect of fans from both towns. I am going to step out on a limb and say that Sinton fans are going to get a lot of backlash from the people of Burnet this week based on the site selection made my the Sinton coach, it borderlines bad sportsmanship. The FACT is there are numerous suitable venues between Sinton and Burnet that could have been chosen so as not to put literally thousands of people on the road in what could potentially be bad weather. There, I have said my piece on that matter, as far as the game goes, I'm sure it will be a tough battle between to teams that have great respect for each other on the field, Both teams are well coached, well conditioned and battle hardened in their long seasons. My prediction Burnet by 14+

bulldogmom2
11-23-2003, 04:00 PM
pirate4state....... just to let you know that I don't think there will be any hard feelings from Burnet fans because of the location. Yes, we all wish that it would of been a little closer being that it's a holiday weekend. But, that doesn't seem to stop the Burnet fans. People are already making their hotel plans as we speak. There will be nothing but Great Sportsmanship from Burnet fans. Burnet fans have shown just as much class as any other fans have. So for a burnet band mom, and future bulldog mom (next year) it's a honor to play a school with such a great football team. We welcome the opportunity, and will definitely bring our great sportsmanship attitude with us. We wish your players and student body all the luck. And to this mom theres no loosers.
Best of luck and see you in Corpus..... :D

pirate4state
11-23-2003, 04:14 PM
bulldogmom2:
pirate4state....... just to let you know that I don't think there will be any hard feelings from Burnet fans because of the location. Yes, we all wish that it would of been a little closer being that it's a holiday weekend. But, that doesn't seem to stop the Burnet fans. People are already making their hotel plans as we speak. There will be nothing but Great Sportsmanship from Burnet fans. Burnet fans have shown just as much class as any other fans have. So for a burnet band mom, and future bulldog mom (next year) it's a honor to play a school with such a great football team. We welcome the opportunity, and will definitely bring our great sportsmanship attitude with us. We wish your players and student body all the luck. And to this mom theres no loosers.
Best of luck and see you in Corpus..... :D I know that Burnet & Sinton show good sportsmanship at all times. I witnessed great sportsmanship last night when several times Burnet players helped up their Wharton opponents. Sometimes it took 2 of your guys for 1 of theirs. wink It is always great to see that at any level! I hope that the Burnet fans that are able to make this game enjoy their time in Corpus Christi. Have a safe trip bulldogmom2.

olddog73
11-23-2003, 04:18 PM
GreatBigBurnetFan:
Hi dear Sinton folks,
Please understand, Burnet takes NO ONE FOR GRANTED. Burnet has to line up and play which ever
team comes before us. Sinton, is a real class program. Real class fans. It will be an honor to play Sinton again. Best wishes for NO INJURIES for either team. Congrats on getting this far.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFanI couldn't have said it better GreatBigBurnetFan!

olddog73
11-23-2003, 04:19 PM
aamove:
I'm hoping that Sinton pulls this one off. Even though Burnett does have the advantage in this game. I'll predict Sinton by 1.Well of course you are Forney Boy! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

pirate4state
11-23-2003, 04:23 PM
bd0707:

pirate4state:

HotDawg89:

aamove:
I'm hoping that Sinton pulls this one off. Even though Burnett does have the advantage in this game. I'll predict Sinton by 1.You just hope it is Sinton by 1. :D It is good to have some hope!! :D We'll be lookin' forward to playing w/ Burnet. Like someone else said it is an honor & a privilege to play against the #1 team in the state. Our guys may pull off the UPSET of the year or they may fall short and learn from it & it will help them for next season. Either way it has been a great season for this young team & all we want is an INJURY free game with good sportsmanship. GOOOOOOOOOO PIRATES!!!Pirate4state, last years matchup between Bunet and Sinton was classic, two teams, either one of which would have represented reg.4 well. This site offered great banter between the fans of both teams forging mutual respect of fans from both towns. I am going to step out on a limb and say that Sinton fans are going to get a lot of backlash from the people of Burnet this week based on the site selection made my the Sinton coach, it borderlines bad sportsmanship. The FACT is there are numerous suitable venues between Sinton and Burnet that could have been chosen so as not to put literally thousands of people on the road in what could potentially be bad weather. There, I have said my piece on that matter, as far as the game goes, I'm sure it will be a tough battle between to teams that have great respect for each other on the field, Both teams are well coached, well conditioned and battle hardened in their long seasons. My prediction Burnet by 14+I'm sorry you feel this way, but the FACT is it was a home to home flip not nuetral site. Burnet's home option would've been Waco (a 4 1/2 to 5 hour drive from Sinton) so our coaches chose Corpus Christi (a 4 1/2 to 5 hour drive from Burnet). Either way it is out of our hands. The last thing I'm gonna say is that 2 years ago Sinton had to travel to Kyle Field in back-to-back weekends in poor weather and we all made the trek w/o complaining. About the only complaint we had was, "Can we get Tasty Taco to open early enough for breakfast?" :D And I also seem to remember an Everman team having to drive to San Antonio last year for a state championship game and I didn't hear them complain. eek! Enough already. :rolleyes:

poncho
11-23-2003, 04:39 PM
Look, the site has been chosen. Lets move off this negitive topic and concentrate on putting up 70 points on the Sinton Pirates. Go Burnet!!!! :cool:

sinton66
11-23-2003, 04:56 PM
Dream on!

bigdogsbulldogmom
11-23-2003, 05:01 PM
somebody told me sinton fans were nice..............or was that last year? :rolleyes:

sinton66
11-23-2003, 05:14 PM
Maybe it's just that some of you Burnet fans deserve what you get.

Burnet Dawg06
11-23-2003, 05:19 PM
sinton66:
Maybe it's just that some of you Burnet fans deserve what you get.What did some of us do to deserve a 4 hour drive to Corpus?

sinton66
11-23-2003, 05:31 PM
You lost a coin toss, get over it. Some of your posters are on here calling us classless and unsportsmanlike because of the site selection, how do you people expect us to react?

bigdogsbulldogmom
11-23-2003, 05:32 PM
your true colors are showin eek!

poncho
11-23-2003, 05:33 PM
sinton66:
Maybe it's just that some of you Burnet fans deserve what you get.:cool: :cool: :rolleyes:

29x281
11-23-2003, 05:46 PM
"Burnet's home option would've been Waco (a 4 1/2 to 5 hour drive from Sinton) so our coaches chose Corpus Christi (a 4 1/2 to 5 hour drive from Burnet)." -- Pirate4State

You've got it backwards. Burnet's first choice was to play in San Antonio at a neutral site. First Burnet suggested the Alamodome, and Sinton said it didn't want to play Burnet indoors. Fine, said Burnet, how about Alamo Stadium; it's outside. No, said Sinton, we really don't want to go to San Antonio.

Nevermind that San Antonio would have made the most sense for everybody. Sinton didn't want that. It chose Corpus as its home site and ONLY THEN Burnet chose Waco out of reciprocity.

Also, Sinton66, there's nothing more pointless than getting into a pissing match over "class" on an internet site. For the record, however, it wasn't "some" Burnet fans calling people from Sinton classless. It was 1 poster, who specifically referred to 1 official at SISD as making a classless decision. I'm never in favor of playing the class card, but let's not make it out to be more dramatic than it really was.

sinton66
11-23-2003, 05:50 PM
Excuse me?? I believe your Mr Paintball started it with his idiotic thread, and was "joined" in agreement by SEVERAL of your posters, culminating in 29east's "classless" statement. I'll stand by what I said, thank you.

olddog73
11-23-2003, 05:53 PM
pirate4state:

bd0707:

pirate4state:

HotDawg89:

aamove:
I'm hoping that Sinton pulls this one off. Even though Burnett does have the advantage in this game. I'll predict Sinton by 1.You just hope it is Sinton by 1. :D It is good to have some hope!! :D We'll be lookin' forward to playing w/ Burnet. Like someone else said it is an honor & a privilege to play against the #1 team in the state. Our guys may pull off the UPSET of the year or they may fall short and learn from it & it will help them for next season. Either way it has been a great season for this young team & all we want is an INJURY free game with good sportsmanship. GOOOOOOOOOO PIRATES!!!Pirate4state, last years matchup between Bunet and Sinton was classic, two teams, either one of which would have represented reg.4 well. This site offered great banter between the fans of both teams forging mutual respect of fans from both towns. I am going to step out on a limb and say that Sinton fans are going to get a lot of backlash from the people of Burnet this week based on the site selection made my the Sinton coach, it borderlines bad sportsmanship. The FACT is there are numerous suitable venues between Sinton and Burnet that could have been chosen so as not to put literally thousands of people on the road in what could potentially be bad weather. There, I have said my piece on that matter, as far as the game goes, I'm sure it will be a tough battle between to teams that have great respect for each other on the field, Both teams are well coached, well conditioned and battle hardened in their long seasons. My prediction Burnet by 14+I'm sorry you feel this way, but the FACT is it was a home to home flip not nuetral site. Burnet's home option would've been Waco (a 4 1/2 to 5 hour drive from Sinton) so our coaches chose Corpus Christi (a 4 1/2 to 5 hour drive from Burnet). Either way it is out of our hands. The last thing I'm gonna say is that 2 years ago Sinton had to travel to Kyle Field in back-to-back weekends in poor weather and we all made the trek w/o complaining. About the only complaint we had was, "Can we get Tasty Taco to open early enough for breakfast?" :D And I also seem to remember an Everman team having to drive to San Antonio last year for a state championship game and I didn't hear them complain. eek! Enough already. :rolleyes: I go to Corpus all the time, for me its 1 1/2 hours to San Antonio and 2 to 2 1/2 hours to Corpus, no big deal, its an easier trip than the one I made to Victoria yesterday. Suck it up guys and lets turn out and have some fun! [When faced with the facts, don't whine, it doesn't complement what your wearing] :mad: :mad:

<small>[ November 23, 2003, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: olddog73 ]</small>

29x281
11-23-2003, 06:00 PM
The premise of Paintball's thread is not idiotic. It's absolutely on target. The fiscal stupidity of the site selection is just one more reason why it should have been better thought out.

<small>[ November 23, 2003, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: 29x281 ]</small>

sinton66
11-23-2003, 06:02 PM
Thank you, Old Dog. At last, a voice of reason. I hope you enjoy the trip and the area. I'm praying for your safe journey. May the best team win, and lets both pray for no injuries.

sinton66
11-23-2003, 06:10 PM
29x281:
The premise of Paintball's thread is not idiotic. It's absolutely on target. The fiscal stupidity of the site selection is just one more reason why it should have been better thought out.What in the world makes you people think no one will show up for this game? Do you honestly think you know more about our area than we do? The arrogance in this premise really ticks me off. Is it so impossible for Sinton to have a large peer following in South Texas just as Burnet does in Central Texas? Give me a break!
Why should Central Texas be the ONLY area to enjoy the benefits of money spent travelling to and from playoff games? Why shouldn't we select Corpus? Marketing indeed!

29x281
11-23-2003, 06:21 PM

The whole point of the site selection was to keep Burnet's attendance down.

sinton66
11-23-2003, 06:21 PM
One last thing before I drop this. You folks just keep on bashing Sinton's coaches and administration and calling them stupid and what not. Bear this last thought in mind, who says there has to be reserved tickets for a playoff game? You might want to think about coming early if you keep this up.

29x281
11-23-2003, 06:23 PM
Well, they've agreed to do reserve seating.

Are you suggesting they would go back on that agreement?

Would you characterize that as a "classy" move?

sinton66
11-23-2003, 06:35 PM
No, they wouldn't. I didn't know they had agreed to it. But, that's something you folks would do well to remember in the future when you want to start calling people stupid and classless on a public forum. Did it ever cross your feeble minds that we're counting on you guys bringing a crowd? Like I said, why should Central Texas get all the benefit?

SADAWG
11-23-2003, 06:36 PM
Enough whining already. So it's 4 1/2 hours. I'll still be there even though I'm having a 1 1/2 hour surgical procedure on Tuesday morning in Austin, and I'm supposed to rest and take it easy for about a week. Like that's gonna happen :rolleyes: . I'm not looking forward to the long drive, but that will not stop me from being in the stands on Friday afternoon. By the way, I have no kids or family members on the team, I'm just a fan who supports the Dogs whenever and wherever they play.

P.S. Don't anyone tell my doctor wink

pirate4state
11-23-2003, 06:43 PM
SADAWG:
Enough whining already. So it's 4 1/2 hours. I'll still be there even though I'm having a 1 1/2 hour surgical procedure on Tuesday morning in Austin, and I'm supposed to rest and take it easy for about a week. Like that's gonna happen :rolleyes: . I'm not looking forward to the long drive, but that will not stop me from being in the stands on Friday afternoon. By the way, I have no kids or family members on the team, I'm just a fan who supports the Dogs whenever and wherever they play.

P.S. Don't anyone tell my doctor wink Ok, we won't tell your doctor, but please take care of yourself! Have a safe trip & we hope you enjoy the sites of Corpus Christi! :)

PAINTBALL
11-23-2003, 06:45 PM
sinton66:
Excuse me?? I believe your Mr Paintball started it with his idiotic thread, and was "joined" in agreement by SEVERAL of your posters, culminating in 29east's "classless" statement. I'll stand by what I said, thank you.I didn't start anything other then to point out this game will be played in front of about 5,000 fans instead of 13,000 fans. That's what is idiotic. If there are over 8,000 fans at this game, I will post an apoligy next week. I don't think that will happen. I thought you were a nice guy until I read this post.

sinton66
11-23-2003, 06:51 PM
I'll be looking for your apology next week. And by the way, I am a nice guy, ask anybody on here.

PAINTBALL
11-23-2003, 06:57 PM
sinton66:
I'll be looking for your apology next week. And by the way, I am a nice guy, ask anybody on here.And if there are 6,000 fans or under I expect your apology. We'll call between 6,000-8,000 fans a draw. I'm a nice guy also and am anything but idiotic. Ask anyone who knows me.

SADAWG
11-23-2003, 07:07 PM
Ok, we won't tell your doctor, but please take care of yourself! Have a safe trip & we hope you enjoy the sites of Corpus Christi! Thanks, I'll take it easy and sleep on the trip. Been a while since I've been to Corpus Christi. Plus I'll get to see some relatives from the Corpus area that I normally don't get to see this time of year because of they are on the road for playoffs (Go Calallen!!! :D )

eye of the tiger
11-23-2003, 07:48 PM
Wasn't last years game in San Marcos? Seems only fair that this years game be closer to Sinton.

Road Runner
11-23-2003, 07:54 PM
I think there is no doubt that Burnet is a good, real good talented football team, compared to a young pirate football team. But don't count out these hard hitting Sinton Pirates, win or lose they will play at their best till the end. Go Pirates. Go Burnet,someone bring a State Title to Reigon 4.

PAINTBALL
11-23-2003, 08:04 PM
eye of the tiger:
Wasn't last years game in San Marcos? Seems only fair that this years game be closer to Sinton.It's not just the site. It's also the date and time. Even Sinton will be lucky to have 3,000 fans at the game. Mark my words.

3afan2K3
11-23-2003, 08:08 PM
PAINTBALL:

eye of the tiger:
Wasn't last years game in San Marcos? Seems only fair that this years game be closer to Sinton.It's not just the site. It's also the date and time. Even Sinton will be lucky to have 3,000 fans at the game. Mark my words.Maybe the players wanted to play then!!! Did you ever think about that???? Stop thinking about what an inconvience it is for your and think about the players and coaches, go decorate the town or school instead of complaining. There the ones that have to go, no one is forcing you to go

<small>[ November 23, 2003, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

PAINTBALL
11-23-2003, 08:15 PM
3afan2K3:

PAINTBALL:

eye of the tiger:
Wasn't last years game in San Marcos? Seems only fair that this years game be closer to Sinton.It's not just the site. It's also the date and time. Even Sinton will be lucky to have 3,000 fans at the game. Mark my words.Maybe the players wanted to play then!!! Did you ever think about that???? Stop thinking about what an inconvience it is for your and think about the players and coaches, go decorate the town or school instead of complaining. There the ones that have to go, no one is forcing you to goI'll be there with about 3,000 other Burnet people. Where will you be Friday at 3:00 o'clock? By the way this is none of your business. We'll talk to you in about 2 weeks if Forney makes it to the game.

3afan2K3
11-23-2003, 08:16 PM
PAINTBALL:

3afan2K3:

PAINTBALL:

eye of the tiger:
Wasn't last years game in San Marcos? Seems only fair that this years game be closer to Sinton.It's not just the site. It's also the date and time. Even Sinton will be lucky to have 3,000 fans at the game. Mark my words.Maybe the players wanted to play then!!! Did you ever think about that???? Stop thinking about what an inconvience it is for your and think about the players and coaches, go decorate the town or school instead of complaining. There the ones that have to go, no one is forcing you to goI'll be there with about 3,000 other Burnet people. Where will you be Friday at 3:00 o'clock? By the way this is none of your business. We'll talk to you in about 2 weeks if Forney makes it to the game.I'll be at Texas Stadium watching Ennis and Highland Park, then after that I will be watching Forney vs. Gainsville and probably after that I will be probably be watching Wylie vs. Kilgore

<small>[ November 23, 2003, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

J-town Hustler
11-23-2003, 08:20 PM
From what I can see, Burnet has this game in the bag. Unless they make too many mistakes. They are picked to win against Sinton, but never underestimate a team that has made it to the Quarterfinals. I'm sure that they will match up well. If Burnet wins, and we win, we will look forward to seeing them once again in the Semifinals. Go Jasper, beat Manor.

dawgdad
11-23-2003, 08:30 PM
I think that if the game had been in a location that was median to both teams that there would have been fans from both teams as well as interested fans from the metropolitan area (San Antonio) also attending. Both schools split the revenue generated by these playoff games. Seems like this should have been considered by Sinton admin. Also think that scheduling on Friday (some of us have to work) is kind of unthoughtful- for the kids to be refreshed they will probably travel on Thursday in the middle of a very dangerous holiday period (fans,too) and have to stay in a hotel in Corpus. A Saturday game would have been more appropriate.

Bearcats213
11-23-2003, 08:53 PM
I think the Dylan Browns are the best team ever

bulldogmom2
11-23-2003, 09:02 PM
Pirates4state:::: For your information. Wow I took a nap and this is what happened while I was asleep. Just to let you know that not all Burnet fans are whinning about the venue. A Coin toss is a Coin Toss. And about the date and time. Hey, it's a highschool event, and not the adults event. So, if it's on friday, so be it. When adults put kids in school activities, then you just wing it. And if you can't go, then tough. Listen to it on the radio. I have to work, and my families going without me. No, I don't want to miss the game, but being a adult and having a job means I have responsibilities. And not everyone has a 9-5 job M-F. so, Pirate, not everybodies whinning. And I'm sure they'll be alot of burnet fans there. Showing Sinton the great sportsmanship that I told you about before. I wish Sinton and Burnet all the luck. 2 great teams are facing off, with great support from family and fans. I to pray this will be a injury free game. Good luck to all.

PAINTBALL
11-23-2003, 09:14 PM
bulldogmom2:
Pirates4state:::: For your information. Wow I took a nap and this is what happened while I was asleep. Just to let you know that not all Burnet fans are whinning about the venue. A Coin toss is a Coin Toss. And about the date and time. Hey, it's a highschool event, and not the adults event. So, if it's on friday, so be it. When adults put kids in school activities, then you just wing it. And if you can't go, then tough. Listen to it on the radio. I have to work, and my families going without me. No, I don't want to miss the game, but being a adult and having a job means I have responsibilities. And not everyone has a 9-5 job M-F. so, Pirate, not everybodies whinning. And I'm sure they'll be alot of burnet fans there. Showing Sinton the great sportsmanship that I told you about before. I wish Sinton and Burnet all the luck. 2 great teams are facing off, with great support from family and fans. I to pray this will be a injury free game. Good luck to all.Nobody is Whinning. Instead of playing in front of about 13,000 fans like last year we will be lucky if this game draws 6,000 fans. You will be one of the missing fans. I'm sorry about that. This decision will cost each school about $15,000-$20,000. I'm lucky and will be there with about 3,000 other Burnet fans. Oue fans will equal Sintons. Talking financial resposibility and common sense is not whinning.

<small>[ November 23, 2003, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: PAINTBALL ]</small>

bd0707
11-25-2003, 02:22 AM
bd0707:

pirate4state:

HotDawg89:

aamove:
I'm hoping that Sinton pulls this one off. Even though Burnett does have the advantage in this game. I'll predict Sinton by 1.You just hope it is Sinton by 1. :D It is good to have some hope!! :D We'll be lookin' forward to playing w/ Burnet. Like someone else said it is an honor & a privilege to play against the #1 team in the state. Our guys may pull off the UPSET of the year or they may fall short and learn from it & it will help them for next season. Either way it has been a great season for this young team & all we want is an INJURY free game with good sportsmanship. GOOOOOOOOOO PIRATES!!!Pirate4state, last years matchup between Bunet and Sinton was classic, two teams, either one of which would have represented reg.4 well. This site offered great banter between the fans of both teams forging mutual respect of fans from both towns. I am going to step out on a limb and say that Sinton fans are going to get a lot of backlash from the people of Burnet this week based on the site selection made my the Sinton coach, it borderlines bad sportsmanship. The FACT is there are numerous suitable venues between Sinton and Burnet that could have been chosen so as not to put literally thousands of people on the road in what could potentially be bad weather. There, I have said my piece on that matter, as far as the game goes, I'm sure it will be a tough battle between to teams that have great respect for each other on the field, Both teams are well coached, well conditioned and battle hardened in their long seasons. My prediction Burnet by 14+To whom it mat concern,
About 39 hours ago at 10:35am Sunday morning I made what looks to be the first post regarding this "site selection" controversy. I stated in that original post that I might be stepping out on a limb, man what an understatement that turned out to be, I also said that I had said piece on the whole matter, implying that "I'm over it". Well remember I used the term "borderlines bad sportsmanship" the key word there being "borderline". I began the post reminiscing about last years matchup between Sinton and Burnet, I still think it was one of the best games I've ever witnessed. Anyway I ended the post saying that I thought this weeks game would be a great one between to teams with great respect for each other. I hope that will be the case. To my fellow Burnet Fans, if you were on this website last year then you will remember the sportsman like kinship that developed between the fans of Sinton and the fans of Burnet. I don't know if it is possible for that mutual respect between fans to be rekindled or not, but none will be the better for it, if it is lost. If Burnet wins this game, this week, I'm afraid we may have lost the support of our region4 brothers and sisters. That would be to bad. This is my first post on this matter since the original Sun. morning, This is my last post on this matter.

bd0707
11-25-2003, 02:25 AM
By the way I will keep this topic ttt to get as many amens as possible, both north and south.

pirateman98
11-25-2003, 02:41 AM
I have said it once and I will say it again, only when Burnet plays Sinton, will I not cheer for them. If you guys win it's, Burnet all the Way!!! Until then, Go Pirates!!!!!

SintonFan
11-25-2003, 03:02 AM
bd0707:
By the way I will keep this topic ttt to get as many amens as possible, both north and south.I agree with you bd0707. There was mutual respect and kinship. Let's hope we can put it behind us.

bulldogmom2
11-25-2003, 07:41 AM
I will agree. I to hope that if Burnet looses this game, then I'll have to watch Sinton take it all. Best of luck to all the young men on that field. And to this mother, there are no loosers, because it's great to see how far these 2 teams have gone.
What a great bunch of young men from both schools... Good luck Sinton.....ya also have a great future....

3afan
11-25-2003, 07:56 AM
PAINTBALL:

eye of the tiger:
Wasn't last years game in San Marcos? Seems only fair that this years game be closer to Sinton.It's not just the site. It's also the date and time. Even Sinton will be lucky to have 3,000 fans at the game. Mark my words.IMO you are putting too much into the date/time affecting attendance. if anyone cares then they're gonna go despite the horns/ags playing or the 'tradition' of staying home and eating leftovers. the ONLY thing that will significantly keep attendance down is the distance from burnet - which is unfortunate but by no means 'wrong'. by the way i see a burnet blowout, say ... 54-14. g'day & g'luck.

footballgal
11-25-2003, 08:51 AM
All I got to say is:

GO PIRATES!
Go Fight Win!!! http://kit.netpoets.net/cheer.gif

olddog73
11-25-2003, 09:20 AM
bulldogmom2:
Pirates4state:::: For your information. Wow I took a nap and this is what happened while I was asleep. Just to let you know that not all Burnet fans are whinning about the venue. A Coin toss is a Coin Toss. And about the date and time. Hey, it's a highschool event, and not the adults event. So, if it's on friday, so be it. When adults put kids in school activities, then you just wing it. And if you can't go, then tough. Listen to it on the radio. I have to work, and my families going without me. No, I don't want to miss the game, but being a adult and having a job means I have responsibilities. And not everyone has a 9-5 job M-F. so, Pirate, not everybodies whinning. And I'm sure they'll be alot of burnet fans there. Showing Sinton the great sportsmanship that I told you about before. I wish Sinton and Burnet all the luck. 2 great teams are facing off, with great support from family and fans. I to pray this will be a injury free game. Good luck to all.Well said Bulldogmom II! :)

olddog73
11-25-2003, 09:23 AM
PAINTBALL:

bulldogmom2:
Pirates4state:::: For your information. Wow I took a nap and this is what happened while I was asleep. Just to let you know that not all Burnet fans are whinning about the venue. A Coin toss is a Coin Toss. And about the date and time. Hey, it's a highschool event, and not the adults event. So, if it's on friday, so be it. When adults put kids in school activities, then you just wing it. And if you can't go, then tough. Listen to it on the radio. I have to work, and my families going without me. No, I don't want to miss the game, but being a adult and having a job means I have responsibilities. And not everyone has a 9-5 job M-F. so, Pirate, not everybodies whinning. And I'm sure they'll be alot of burnet fans there. Showing Sinton the great sportsmanship that I told you about before. I wish Sinton and Burnet all the luck. 2 great teams are facing off, with great support from family and fans. I to pray this will be a injury free game. Good luck to all.Nobody is Whinning. Instead of playing in front of about 13,000 fans like last year we will be lucky if this game draws 6,000 fans. You will be one of the missing fans. I'm sorry about that. This decision will cost each school about $15,000-$20,000. I'm lucky and will be there with about 3,000 other Burnet fans. Oue fans will equal Sintons. Talking financial resposibility and common sense is not whinning.Paintball, youve been whinning since the very beginning and have done a pretty good job of stirring others up. I would have perfered for this not to have become such a big deal. Personally I think its pretty embaressing.

<small>[ November 25, 2003, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: olddog73 ]</small>

olddog73
11-25-2003, 09:28 AM
bd0707:

bd0707:

pirate4state:

HotDawg89:

aamove:
I'm hoping that Sinton pulls this one off. Even though Burnett does have the advantage in this game. I'll predict Sinton by 1.You just hope it is Sinton by 1. :D It is good to have some hope!! :D We'll be lookin' forward to playing w/ Burnet. Like someone else said it is an honor & a privilege to play against the #1 team in the state. Our guys may pull off the UPSET of the year or they may fall short and learn from it & it will help them for next season. Either way it has been a great season for this young team & all we want is an INJURY free game with good sportsmanship. GOOOOOOOOOO PIRATES!!!Pirate4state, last years matchup between Bunet and Sinton was classic, two teams, either one of which would have represented reg.4 well. This site offered great banter between the fans of both teams forging mutual respect of fans from both towns. I am going to step out on a limb and say that Sinton fans are going to get a lot of backlash from the people of Burnet this week based on the site selection made my the Sinton coach, it borderlines bad sportsmanship. The FACT is there are numerous suitable venues between Sinton and Burnet that could have been chosen so as not to put literally thousands of people on the road in what could potentially be bad weather. There, I have said my piece on that matter, as far as the game goes, I'm sure it will be a tough battle between to teams that have great respect for each other on the field, Both teams are well coached, well conditioned and battle hardened in their long seasons. My prediction Burnet by 14+To whom it mat concern,
About 39 hours ago at 10:35am Sunday morning I made what looks to be the first post regarding this "site selection" controversy. I stated in that original post that I might be stepping out on a limb, man what an understatement that turned out to be, I also said that I had said piece on the whole matter, implying that "I'm over it". Well remember I used the term "borderlines bad sportsmanship" the key word there being "borderline". I began the post reminiscing about last years matchup between Sinton and Burnet, I still think it was one of the best games I've ever witnessed. Anyway I ended the post saying that I thought this weeks game would be a great one between to teams with great respect for each other. I hope that will be the case. To my fellow Burnet Fans, if you were on this website last year then you will remember the sportsman like kinship that developed between the fans of Sinton and the fans of Burnet. I don't know if it is possible for that mutual respect between fans to be rekindled or not, but none will be the better for it, if it is lost. If Burnet wins this game, this week, I'm afraid we may have lost the support of our region4 brothers and sisters. That would be to bad. This is my first post on this matter since the original Sun. morning, This is my last post on this matter.I totally agree, unfortunatly I think we have a few new posters from Burnet this year that would rather whine than create goodwill with our brothers to the south. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

bd0707
11-25-2003, 11:02 AM
bd0707:

bd0707:

pirate4state:

HotDawg89:

aamove:
About 39 hours ago at 10:35am Sunday morning I made what looks to be the first post regarding this "site selection" controversy. I stated in that original post that I might be stepping out on a limb, man what an understatement that turned out to be, I also said that I had said piece on the whole matter, implying that "I'm over it". Well remember I used the term "borderlines bad sportsmanship" the key word there being "borderline". I began the post reminiscing about last years matchup between Sinton and Burnet, I still think it was one of the best games I've ever witnessed. Anyway I ended the post saying that I thought this weeks game would be a great one between to teams with great respect for each other. I hope that will be the case. To my fellow Burnet Fans, if you were on this website last year then you will remember the sportsman like kinship that developed between the fans of Sinton and the fans of Burnet. I don't know if it is possible for that mutual respect between fans to be rekindled or not, but none will be the better for it, if it is lost. If Burnet wins this game, this week, I'm afraid we may have lost the support of our region4 brothers and sisters. That would be to bad. This is my first post on this matter since the original Sun. morning, This is my last post on this matter.ttt

Bongo
11-25-2003, 11:46 AM
Go Pirates! Since we can't play Burnet this year we're pulling for ya to win it.

But if you can't pull it off I'll be pulling for Burnet. There's a lot of great Burnet fans out there. It seems we hear from the malcontents far too much.

weatherag07
11-25-2003, 01:22 PM
bd0707:

bd0707:

pirate4state:

HotDawg89:

aamove:
About 39 hours ago at 10:35am Sunday morning I made what looks to be the first post regarding this "site selection" controversy. I stated in that original post that I might be stepping out on a limb, man what an understatement that turned out to be, I also said that I had said piece on the whole matter, implying that "I'm over it". Well remember I used the term "borderlines bad sportsmanship" the key word there being "borderline". I began the post reminiscing about last years matchup between Sinton and Burnet, I still think it was one of the best games I've ever witnessed. Anyway I ended the post saying that I thought this weeks game would be a great one between to teams with great respect for each other. I hope that will be the case. To my fellow Burnet Fans, if you were on this website last year then you will remember the sportsman like kinship that developed between the fans of Sinton and the fans of Burnet. I don't know if it is possible for that mutual respect between fans to be rekindled or not, but none will be the better for it, if it is lost. If Burnet wins this game, this week, I'm afraid we may have lost the support of our region4 brothers and sisters. That would be to bad. This is my first post on this matter since the original Sun. morning, This is my last post on this matter.I couldn't agree with you more. Last year was a GREAT game, and the fans on both sides were awesome to each other. I remember that game so well, yet I'm not sure why...it was just an awesome game. Regardless of when and where it is played, I hope it is another awesome game...for the seniors. For some of them, it'll be their last time to shine in the world of high school football. And that's what it's all about.

<small>[ November 25, 2003, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: weatherag07 ]</small>

dawgdad
11-25-2003, 09:52 PM
Had free tickets to the A&M/TU game, but I think this will be a much better game! GO BULLDOGS!!!