PDA

View Full Version : Denton.

carter08
02-20-2010, 04:02 PM
I'm in Denton right now and I don't understand how a place this cool can exist so close to the cultural wasteland of Dallas.

Discuss.

NateDawg39
02-20-2010, 04:05 PM
Denton is a pretty great place but it has come a LONG way. I remember when I was younger and really the only thing there was the mall but now there is a ton of stuff to do in Denton.

Keith7
02-20-2010, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by carter08
I'm in Denton right now and I don't understand how a place this cool can exist so close to the cultural wasteland of Dallas.

Discuss.

Nobody knows really. It's just a great place to be..

NateDawg39
02-20-2010, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Nobody knows really. It's just a great place to be.. I think it is because of the location to DFW, it is the perfect size college town and Rocky's!! :D

My favorite hangout

Pick6
02-20-2010, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by carter08

Discuss.

Denton is cool? I guess compared to the Houston area it is.

bobcat4life
02-20-2010, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Denton is cool? I guess compared to the Houston area it is. I think Denton is a great place.....

Pick6
02-20-2010, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
I think Denton is a great place.....

If I lived in Celina I would too....lol

NateDawg39
02-20-2010, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
If I lived in Celina I would too....lol Where do you live Pick?

Keith7
02-20-2010, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Where do you live Pick?

Pick lives in a trailer park outside of lubbock. He really likes it there because theres a walmart right around the corner with a micky d's inside.

NateDawg39
02-20-2010, 06:16 PM
Pick lives in a trailer park outside of lubbock. He really likes it there because theres a walmart right around the corner with a micky d's inside. Oh ok thats about what I had in mind.

BullsFan
02-20-2010, 10:51 PM
I lived in Denton when I was in college, and even then it was awesome. I still go there to shop when I don't feel like driving all the way to Fort Worth. Shoot, if they'd put a good quality teacher store, a Sam's, a Kohl's, and a Belk, I'd never have to go anywhere else.

To me, Denton is the perfect middle ground between a little town and a suburban area. It has a small town feel but lots of the amenities you'd find in a major city.

If I lived there now, though, I think there are places I'd miss. Didn't Fry Street get turned into some kind of modern development area?

NateDawg39
02-20-2010, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
I lived in Denton when I was in college, and even then it was awesome. I still go there to shop when I don't feel like driving all the way to Fort Worth. Shoot, if they'd put a good quality teacher store, a Sam's, a Kohl's, and a Belk, I'd never have to go anywhere else.

To me, Denton is the perfect middle ground between a little town and a suburban area. It has a small town feel but lots of the amenities you'd find in a major city.

If I lived there now, though, I think there are places I'd miss. Didn't Fry Street get turned into some kind of modern development area? It is still Fry street of old but they are changing it up! :mad:

BullsFan
02-20-2010, 10:59 PM
It is still Fry street of old but they are changing it up! :mad:

The two places where I was most likely to spend my misspent youth were Fry Street and the Golden Eagle Bar and Grill. And the Golden Eagle went bye-bye many moons ago. Now Fry Street....*sigh* I don't even think the Flying Tomato is still called the Flying Tomato. When I try to Google it all I get is Shaun White.

Pick6
02-20-2010, 11:02 PM
Pick lives in a trailer park outside of lubbock. He really likes it there because theres a walmart right around the corner with a micky d's inside.

Says the guy who went to a school that was known for drug use during his time there.

Denton is a the road construction capitol of Texas. Bad city planning. The best thing about the new toll bridge in Corinth is you can avoid Denton go get to the good places.

NateDawg39
02-20-2010, 11:04 PM
The two places where I was most likely to spend my misspent youth were Fry Street and the Golden Eagle Bar and Grill. And the Golden Eagle went bye-bye many moons ago. Now Fry Street....*sigh* I don't even think the Flying Tomato is still called the Flying Tomato. When I try to Google it all I get is Shaun White. It is still there as far as I know. My favorite places there was Lucky Lou's! But now when I am home and get together with old friends we either go to Rocky's just off of University or we go to The Hole in The Wall in Dallas

NateDawg39
02-20-2010, 11:07 PM
Never mind it is gone. Burned to the ground :(

BullsFan
02-20-2010, 11:18 PM
Never mind it is gone. Burned to the ground :(

Seriously?? Link? And preferably one that doesn't include Shaun White...

Never mind. Added "burned" to my Google search and found it. And now I really am sad...

NateDawg39
02-20-2010, 11:21 PM
Seriously?? Link? And preferably one that doesn't include Shaun White... Well I just typed in "Flying tomato on Fry street" and got a facebook link and one of the comments on the facebook page was how it burned down BUT they are planning on a relocation!!!:clap:

BullsFan
02-20-2010, 11:22 PM
Well I just typed in "Flying tomato on Fry street" and got a facebook link and one of the comments on the facebook page was how it burned down BUT they are planning on a relocation!!!:clap:

I got a youtube link that actually showed it burning. It makes me happy to think of it being relocated, but I can't see myself going to a new one. Hope it's a good place for UNT kids to hang out.

NateDawg39
02-20-2010, 11:27 PM
I got a youtube link that actually showed it burning. It makes me happy to think of it being relocated, but I can't see myself going to a new one. Hope it's a good place for UNT kids to hang out. Hey as long as they have the $4.75 large one topping deal and the $1.00 pitcher Friday ill go to it.

BullsFan
02-20-2010, 11:31 PM
Hey as long as they have the $4.75 large one topping deal and the $1.00 pitcher Friday ill go to it.

The biggest attraction at the Golden Eagle for me were free cover charge and .25 drinks every Wednesday night. I was friends with the band who played there and their door guy always let me in.

Man, I am on a serious nostalgia kick right now....

NateDawg39
02-20-2010, 11:33 PM
The biggest attraction at the Golden Eagle for me were free cover charge and .25 drinks every Wednesday night. I was friends with the band who played there and their door guy always let me in.

Man, I am on a serious nostalgia kick right now.... haha me to. Even though it was only a year ago the last time I was on Fry Street. Next weekend I am going home and I think ill look into Fry Street.

Daddy D 11
02-20-2010, 11:35 PM
beer is yucky

NateDawg39
02-20-2010, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
beer is yucky It is the drink of socially acceptable gentleman :D

Daddy D 11
02-20-2010, 11:43 PM
It is the drink of socially acceptable gentleman :D

or socially incompetent gentleman

NateDawg39
02-20-2010, 11:44 PM
or socially incompetent gentleman Depends on how much you have to drink ;)

Daddy D 11
02-20-2010, 11:45 PM
Depends on how much you have to drink ;)

well played lol

NateDawg39
02-20-2010, 11:46 PM
well played lol That is because I am not drinking tonight :D

Daddy D 11
02-20-2010, 11:47 PM
That is because I am not drinking tonight :D

me neither, been fighting off a cold all week and got a test this week.. so it's been a quiet saturday

NateDawg39
02-20-2010, 11:50 PM
me neither, been fighting off a cold all week and got a test this week.. so it's been a quiet saturday Yeah I just was not in a going out mood tonight. Maybe tomorrow ill go to Wings & More for some pool

Daddy D 11
02-20-2010, 11:51 PM
hey why do you have a daniel manning rookie card as your sig?

NateDawg39
02-20-2010, 11:54 PM
hey why do you have a daniel manning rookie card as your sig? I went to ACU and he and I became friends. Played my first year their but just as a walk on. And I am a Bears fans right after the Cowboys!

Daddy D 11
02-20-2010, 11:57 PM
I went to ACU and he and I became friends. Played my first year their but just as a walk on. And I am a Bears fans right after the Cowboys!

gotcha