PDA

View Full Version : Bellville22's Player of the Week....

Bellville22
10-19-2003, 03:14 PM
Bellville22's player of the week....

Very tough decision this week, as it was a tremendous team effort by the Bulls, who played arguably their best game of the year. The entire defense is to be commended, as they stepped up and shut down a potent Navasota offense. The Bellville O stayed in rythm, and used its weapons.

But my standout of the night is Emmanuel Sanders, #10, WR/S. This young man is a special athlete, who can simply make plays. He contributed in 6 different ways in the Brahmas victory: he caught passes, rushed the ball as a wingback, returned kickoffs, returned punts, started in the secondary, and also got the opportunity to run a few series as QB late in the game. He had 3 or 4 catches, one a spectacular leaping grab, followed by a nice run. He had a very nice kickoff return, which answered Navasota's TD return, and provided a huge momentum shift back in the Brahmas' favor. He had a few nice runs, one in which he made a sick move on a Navasota defender, and took it to the endzone. He also did a great job of coming up from his S spot and forcing some key plays on the Navasota run game. Also looked decent at QB, a spot which he could battle for next year.

Tremendous team effort by Bellville, but Sanders is the young man who stood out in my opinion.

Pudlugger
10-19-2003, 04:20 PM
Sounds like a great player and tremendous effort. Congratulations Emmanuel Saunders!

the tigers are back
10-19-2003, 10:14 PM
Hey bellville22! what happen to the rattlers.I wanna here it from someone i know will tell me the truth.I heard that navasota had some snapps go over the punter head and that's how you'll jumped on top with 21 first quarter points.Is that true are not,but it really doesn't matter mistakes also counts in a football game. :confused:

BrahmaMom
10-19-2003, 10:18 PM
Congrats to Sanders, I heard he had an excellent game. There were many outstanding guys Friday night, it sounds like. Congrats to them all, for a big, inspiring win! Go Brahmas!

Chupacabra
10-19-2003, 10:39 PM
the tigers are back:
Hey bellville22! what happen to the rattlers.I wanna here it from someone i know will tell me the truth.I heard that navasota had some snapps go over the punter head and that's how you'll jumped on top with 21 first quarter points.Is that true are not,but it really doesn't matter mistakes also counts in a football game. :confused: Bellville scored on their first drive, then a Navasota back fumbled the ball on one of their first plays, and one of Bellville's cornerbacks picked the ball up and took it into the endzone to make it 14-0. Navasota's number 5 took the kickoff all the way back for a score. Navasota did have a snap go over the punter's head later, but I think Navasota got on top of it and just took the loss (someone correct me if I'm wrong, I don't really remember). Bellville pretty much drove the ball steadily on Navasota all night, and the Bellville defense was hitting hard and keeping Chris Smith and the rest of the Navasota offense from doing much damage until late in the 4th quarter when they eventually scored again against most of Bellville's 2nd string D.

Navasota dropped some passes in some key situations that could have made some first downs and possibly led to a TD, but then Bellville's kicker missed 2 FGs (one was around 50 yds, the other around 40 I think, it was after he took a hit on a reception that hurt his leg) which could have made the score more in favor of Bellville. Navasota's running back Chris Smith was a great player and and showed even better sportsmanship, I would like to commend him.

Overall, Bellville just came out more fired up than Navasota, and I think going up 14-0 after killing the Rattlers' first drive had a lot to do with the momentum, Navasota didn't really seem to have it the rest of the game.

Bellville22
10-19-2003, 10:55 PM
TTAB: The above statement does a good job of summing it up. He made a key point to about sportsmanship, for as much hype as this game got, the kids did an excellent job playing a clean game, I saw alot of guys helping opponents up, and slapping them on the helmet.

I don't mean to sound as though I'm bragging, but this game was truly dominated by the Bulls from the beginning, aside from kickoff returns. Navasota did have a few bad snaps, but i think it was mostly due to the pressure the Brahmas put on all night. The Navasota offense never got in rythm, and the Bellville D is the reason. They swarmed to the ball better than I've seen all year. And the offense was simply on a mission, they drove the ball down the field, using every weapon. Bellville is accustomed to scoring in a hurry, but they ate up alot of clock the other night, and had several long drives. I think they punted once, and that came after a penalty on a down where they probably would have converted.

But t. Tigers are back, don't let your gaurd down. This Rattler team is still a very good football team, with some great athletes. I know you already do, but expect a battle in Sealy this Friday. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be there, as I expect it to be a great game. On this night, though, Bellville was simply in a zone, and there are very few teams, perhaps one, in the state that could have played with them. I just hope my boys can continue to work, and show more efforts like this one.