PDA

View Full Version : Point system

crzyjournalist03
02-19-2010, 05:06 PM
Just noticed the new "points" listed under the rules section...what are those about? Is there a certain point number that leads to suspensions/Rommings? Is there going to be a quiz where we win awards for knowing the rules?

Sweetwater Red
02-19-2010, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Just noticed the new "points" listed under the rules section...what are those about? Is there a certain point number that leads to suspensions/Rommings? Is there going to be a quiz where we win awards for knowing the rules?

There's a rules section?:eek:

waterboy
02-19-2010, 05:08 PM
Just noticed the new "points" listed under the rules section...what are those about? Is there a certain point number that leads to suspensions/Rommings?

Yes.

Is there going to be a quiz where we win awards for knowing the rules?

No. I think we'd all fail if they did.:D

crzyjournalist03
02-19-2010, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
There's a rules section?:eek:

:doh: :nerd:

I was looking at it to see if there was something in there about the word that was blocked in the Josh Howard thread that I hadn't noticed before when I noticed that there were new point values assigned to different aspects.

Sweetwater Red
02-19-2010, 05:12 PM
:doh: :nerd:

I was looking at it to see if there was something in there about the word that was blocked in the Josh Howard thread that I hadn't noticed before when I noticed that there were new point values assigned to different aspects.

It would appear that these two rules are the biggest no-nos
given they're the only ones with a 3 point value. :thinking:

1). Keep it clean. (3 points)

Vulgarity, profanity, sexually explicit/sexually suggestive language and/or pictures, gay references, and racial remarks will not be tolerated. Your posts will be monitored and evaluated based on both language and context, so even if you substitute characters for certain letters, it may be the MEANING that counts.

5). Obey instructions from Moderators and Administrators. (3 points)

We do not allow posters to question the motivation or integrity of our leaders in an open thread. If you have a problem with a Moderator, address your concerns to that Moderator via our Private Messaging System. If you cannot reach an accord, your only option is to appeal to the board’s owners (listed below) via the Private Message system, email, or the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page.

crzyjournalist03
02-19-2010, 05:14 PM
It would appear that these two rules are the biggest no-nos
given they're the only ones with a 3 point value. :thinking:

1). Keep it clean. (3 points)

Vulgarity, profanity, sexually explicit/sexually suggestive language and/or pictures, gay references, and racial remarks will not be tolerated. Your posts will be monitored and evaluated based on both language and context, so even if you substitute characters for certain letters, it may be the MEANING that counts.

5). Obey instructions from Moderators and Administrators. (3 points)

We do not allow posters to question the motivation or integrity of our leaders in an open thread. If you have a problem with a Moderator, address your concerns to that Moderator via our Private Messaging System. If you cannot reach an accord, your only option is to appeal to the board’s owners (listed below) via the Private Message system, email, or the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page.

Unfortunately, I think there are a few members on this board who have been operating under the assumption that they're supposed to be trying to score as many points as possible! :D

sinton66
02-19-2010, 05:17 PM
6 points gets a seven day suspension. Next points for anything gets 30 day suspension. Any after that is bye-bye.

If one manages to go a year from the last warning without getting another, we'll wipe the slate and start over.

waterboy
02-19-2010, 05:18 PM
:wave:

Phantom Stang
02-19-2010, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
:wave:
me too

Sweetwater Red
02-19-2010, 05:25 PM
Unfortunately, I think there are a few members on this board who have been operating under the assumption that they're supposed to be trying to score as many points as possible! :D

This is true. :thumbsup:

sinton66
02-19-2010, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
6 points gets a seven day suspension. Next points for anything gets 30 day suspension. Any after that is bye-bye.

If one manages to go a year from the last warning without getting another, we'll wipe the slate and start over.

Technically, since it takes at least TWO warnings to get to six points, one can be banned on the next one under the "Three strikes and you're out" system instead of the 30 day suspension. It's a judgement call by us. Depends on whether we want to be nice or not.

Sweetwater Red
02-19-2010, 06:02 PM
It's a judgement call by us. Depends on whether we want to be nice or not.

Or how wicked cool the poster/offender is??? :thinking: :D

crzyjournalist03
02-19-2010, 06:03 PM
Or how wicked cool the poster/offender is??? :thinking: :D

If that's the case, you're screwed. :p

LE Dad
02-19-2010, 06:09 PM
If that's the case, you're screwed. :p :fnypost: :fnypost:

Sweetwater Red
02-19-2010, 06:11 PM
If that's the case, you're screwed. :p

Hahaha!

Hey wait a minute.... :mad:

bobcat4life
02-19-2010, 06:15 PM
Can a mod/admin tell me how many points I have?

STANG RED
02-19-2010, 06:25 PM

Rules??? We dont need no stinking RULES!!!:mad::thmbdwn: :foul:

:smoker:

Keith7
02-19-2010, 06:36 PM
speaking of point system. Remember when we could rate eachother with stars? That was fun!

sinton66
02-19-2010, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
speaking of point system. Remember when we could rate eachother with stars? That was fun!

I remember who it was that ruined it for everybody.

pirate4state
02-19-2010, 08:00 PM
I remember who it was that ruined it for everybody. LOL me too! NOW that was a FUN time on the board!

JasperDog94
02-20-2010, 01:56 AM
I remember who it was that ruined it for everybody. I was just thinking the same thing. Maybe you could unlock one of those threads and remind us who it was...;)

GreenMonster
02-20-2010, 09:49 AM
OK, if there is a point system where is the scoreboard? I wanna see who is winning! :D

sinton66
02-20-2010, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
OK, if there is a point system where is the scoreboard? I wanna see who is winning! :D

The "scoreboard" appears right under the user name and status on every post. Of course, you have to have "special" eyes to see it.:D