PDA

View Full Version : District 16 sweeps into Region Qtr Finals

LE Dad
02-19-2010, 09:21 AM
3 of the 8 teams in the Girls Reg 2 Qtr Finals will be from district 16. Unfortunately the top 2 LE and Mt Vernon will meet in the Qtrs and 1 will go home. D16 third place entry Pittsburg will face Emory Rains.

Way to go Ladies.:clap: :clap:

catgut
02-20-2010, 09:27 AM
It does kind of help their odds when all three teams get byes in the first round though. LOL.. I've seen LE play a couple of times and they are tough. Lots of great athletes on there. I'd have to say they were my favorite to win this region. IF Paris can beat Crandall which is doubtful it would have to face LE again first game of regionals. I know LE beat us pretty bad earlier.

LE Dad
02-20-2010, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by catgut
It does kind of help their odds when all three teams get byes in the first round though. LOL.. I've seen LE play a couple of times and they are tough. Lots of great athletes on there. I'd have to say they were my favorite to win this region. IF Paris can beat Crandall which is doubtful it would have to face LE again first game of regionals. I know LE beat us pretty bad earlier. Crandall only won by 10 over Sanger
so don't count the Lady Cats out just yet. I just hope there are different refs at tourney. 38 fouls is a crazy #. It kept both games close but in the end hurt the teams with less depth. By the way all 3 teams beat teams that were DCs.lol. I was very surprised. The way LE dominated district I thought we would be the only team left.

When and where is Paris game?

catgut
02-20-2010, 12:16 PM
I heard last night it was probably going to be in Commerce Tuesday night but not sure that's correct.

LE Dad
02-20-2010, 12:29 PM
QUOTE]Originally posted by catgut
I heard last night it was probably going to be in Commerce Tuesday night but not sure that's correct. [/QUOTE] I have not heard bout ours yet. We may go back there. No real good courts between here and MV unless they go to Marshall or Longview.