PDA

View Full Version : Ms Villa is out of control

pancho villa
02-19-2010, 09:20 AM
My woman has gone crazy with the DVR. She records every stupid show on tv like Real Wives, and my shows will get bumped. Any of you guys have an out of control DVR old lady?

SintonPirateFan
02-19-2010, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
My woman has gone crazy with the DVR. She records every stupid show on tv like Real Wives, and my shows will get bumped. Any of you guys have an out of control DVR old lady?

that's why i keep the remote. :P

bobcat4life
02-19-2010, 09:39 AM
so she wears the pants in your relationship?

Ranger Mom
02-19-2010, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by bobcat4life

:eek: :eek: Uh oh!!

LE Dad
My woman has gone crazy with the DVR. She records every stupid show on tv like Real Wives, and my shows will get bumped. Any of you guys have an out of control DVR old lady? No one to blame but yourself!!:doh:

Man up and quit whining!! :devil:

44INAROW
Here's what you do (Mr44 did this after a similar situation at our house) GET HER DVR in the bedroom.. (or another room she likes to watch TV in) Works like a charm. He has his shows and I have mine :)

Ranger Mom
02-19-2010, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Here's what you do (Mr44 did this after a similar situation at our house) GET HER DVR in the bedroom.. (or another room she likes to watch TV in) Works like a charm. He has his shows and I have mine :)

I have the best solution....don't let him learn how to work it!

Works PERFECTLY for me!!!:p

sectionCwannabe
02-19-2010, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
that's why i keep the remote. :P

secrets being revealed! :clap:

LE Dad
02-19-2010, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I have the best solution....don't let him learn how to work it!

Works PERFECTLY for me!!!:p I almost posted the opposite, but thought better of it...:D

...but Why let her know that it came with a remote?? Just tell her that controlling the TV from the couch is one of your, God given, manly powers and not to question it or there will be consequences.:thinking: :p

pancho villa
02-19-2010, 09:54 AM
The problem is she sneaks them shows in and then mine get bumped. It is a good thing she can cook and clean or I would throw her to the curb.

Ranger Mom
02-19-2010, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
I almost posted the opposite, but thought better of it...:D

...but Why let her know that it came with a remote?? Just tell her that controlling the TV from the couch is one of your, God given, manly powers and not to question it or there will be consequences.:thinking: :p

Well...since I was the one who ordered mine, took it out of the box, set it up, programmed it, it would be kinda hard to convince me there wasn't a remote.

My husband is "electronically challenged"...he doesn't do computers AT ALL.

If he wants something recorded, he has to come to me. I wanted him to record American Idol one night for me because I was out and had forgotten to set it up. I was trying to talk him through it over the phone, which turned out being futile.

Needless to say, American Idol is now set up on a Season Pass.

Eagle Eyes
02-19-2010, 09:58 AM

I feel your pain.

We need to start a victim support group.

My wife dvr every stupid reality show that is on the tube.

waterboy
02-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Pancho........Spank her! Tell her that you're the man of the house, and what you say goes!:devil:

Black_Magic
02-19-2010, 10:01 AM
My woman has gone crazy with the DVR. She records every stupid show on tv like Real Wives, and my shows will get bumped. Any of you guys have an out of control DVR old lady? yep, but not with the DVR. Its ok though. I wont protest.:D

Ranger Mom
02-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
yep, but not with the DVR. Its ok though. I wont protest.:D

You have been trained well!!:)

Black_Magic
02-19-2010, 10:06 AM
I kinda thought it was the other way around.:thinking:

ccmom
02-19-2010, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I kinda thought it was the other way around.:thinking:

That means she REALLY has you trained! She even has you convinced you are in charge!! Sounds like my kinda woman! :D

Ranger Mom
02-19-2010, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
That means she REALLY has you trained! She even has you convinced you are in charge!! Sounds like my kinda woman! :D

Gotta love men...they are so clueless!!!:D

44INAROW
02-19-2010, 10:11 AM

Excellent :)

Phantom Stang
02-19-2010, 10:15 AM
Quit whining and get off your lazy butt, and watch your shows before they get deleted. You have no one to blame but yourself!

SintonPirateFan
02-19-2010, 10:19 AM
if you have Dish network, just put your shows on a higher priority. then HER shows will get bumped. ............or keep the remote.

LE Dad
02-19-2010, 10:20 AM
That means she REALLY has you trained! She even has you convinced you are in charge!! Sounds like my kinda woman! :D That is exactly what we want ya'll to THINK.:devil:

pancho villa
02-19-2010, 10:22 AM
if you have Dish network, just put your shows on a higher priority. then HER shows will get bumped. ............or keep the remote.

how do you do that?

sectionCwannabe
02-19-2010, 10:22 AM
The problem is she sneaks them shows in and then mine get bumped. It is a good thing she can cook and clean or I would throw her to the curb.

you sure its not "sancho" recording his shows?? :thinking:

pancho villa
02-19-2010, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Quit whining and get off your lazy butt, and watch your shows before they get deleted. You have no one to blame but yourself!

Some of us have to work for a living not live off the Gov.

SintonPirateFan
02-19-2010, 10:25 AM
how do you do that?

press DVR and then click either schedule or edit....i cant remember which. it has a list of the shows and their priority. you can change which one is more important by changing the order.

waterboy
02-19-2010, 10:29 AM
Gotta love men...they are so clueless!!!:D
:mad: Clueless??! I'll have you know I wear the pants in my family.......(just don't tell my wife I said this.....please!) and what I say goes, and I'm the only one that knows how to hook up and operate all the electronics!:mad:

It's true. My wife is lost with all the electronics. I only have 8 remotes in my living room.........:devil: I only use 2 of them regularly, though, but I leave the rest of them there just to keep her confused.:D

sectionCwannabe
02-19-2010, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
:mad: Clueless??! I'll have you know I wear the pants in my family.......(just don't tell my wife I said this.....please!) and what I say goes, and I'm the only one that knows how to hook up and operate all the electronics!:mad:

It's true. My wife is lost with all the electronics. I only have 8 remotes in my living room.........:devil: I only use 2 of them regularly, though, but I leave the rest of them there just to keep her confused.:D

hahaha thats great!! :clap:

Phantom Stang
02-19-2010, 10:36 AM
Some of us have to work for a living not live off the Gov.
There you go with your whining again. If you'd use some gumption and fill out the right forms, you wouldn't have to work!

pancho villa
02-19-2010, 10:40 AM
press DVR and then click either schedule or edit....i cant remember which. it has a list of the shows and their priority. you can change which one is more important by changing the order.

Sweet

pancho villa
02-19-2010, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
There you go with your whining again. If you'd use some gumption and fill out the right forms, you wouldn't have to work!

LOL good one!

Ranger Mom
02-19-2010, 10:43 AM

I think we need to take this time to revisit an "oldie but goodie."

The man song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj4vLZJhNEk)

GreenMonster
02-19-2010, 10:46 AM
Actually, I just watch them with her. Saves on the arguments, makes her think I'm spending quality time with her, and gives me something to complain about.

ccmom
02-19-2010, 10:47 AM

:clap: :clap:

I hadn't heard that in a long time....love it!:D

waterboy
02-19-2010, 10:50 AM

:clap: :D

pancho villa
02-19-2010, 11:02 AM
I watched Mens figure skating with my wife when Evan won the gold last night, does this mean, well you know?

SintonPirateFan
02-19-2010, 11:11 AM
I watched Mens figure skating with my wife when Evan won the gold last night, does this mean, well you know?

that you watched? no. that you paid attention enough to remember the guy's name.....yes.

Ranger Mom
02-19-2010, 11:14 AM
that you watched? no. that you paid attention enough to remember the guy's name.....yes.

First name, at that!!!:eek:

SintonPirateFan
02-19-2010, 11:18 AM
me and my wife watched. just to make fun of them. we like to turn the tv down and become the commentators. when some guy fell, he got ice shaving stuck on his pants...."well charlie, the ice on the @ss pretty much sums it up for this go round."

pancho villa
02-19-2010, 11:21 AM
How bout that Johnny Weir dude. Is he really a guy?

Gobbler Fan
02-19-2010, 11:44 AM
Pancho it sounds like you need to go help the standaround coaches water the grass , they MAY let you decide where to point the hose . As far as the DVR you have no chance in hell :D... now pull up that skirt and get to watering .:devil:

Black_Magic
02-19-2010, 11:48 AM
Gotta love men...they are so clueless!!!:D well as long as it does not hurt too much then its ok i guess
'

Bullaholic
02-19-2010, 11:49 AM
Pancho, I know you worked hard to steal that DVR---it's only right that you get to use it the way you want. :D

pancho villa
02-19-2010, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Pancho, I know you worked hard to steal that DVR---it's only right that you get to use it the way you want. :D

Just cause I'm Mexican don't mean I steal!(Much)

Pendragon13
02-19-2010, 12:20 PM
Dual tuner DVR...problem solved. A little more expensive but worth it if you watch a lot of tv..

Green Bling
02-19-2010, 12:27 PM
I AM an "out of control DVR old lady!" The solution is to get her her own DVR on a separate TV. Now that does pose another problem. If she goes to her "woman cave" to watch her TIVOed programs, you lose some together time.

Gobbler Fan
02-19-2010, 12:30 PM
By the quote "woman cave" are you referring to the kitchen ?

LE Dad
02-19-2010, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Green Bling
I AM an "out of control DVR old lady!" The solution is to get her her own DVR on a separate TV. Now that does pose another problem. If she goes to her "woman cave" to watch her TIVOed programs, you lose some together time. That's not a problem.:thinking: That's peace and quiet! :D :devil:

baseballcoach13
02-19-2010, 12:36 PM
Prioritize and protect. You can protect the shows you want to keep so they cant be deleted. May even be able to password protect them. Just make the password something like 'work" or 'sex'. Ms Villa thinks those words are gone from you vocab. Just dont use burrito or 'well done"

Green Bling
02-19-2010, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Hell, NO!!! I mean a proper foo- fooed up retreat!! If a woman puts her mind to it, she can find her own space, ergo her "Woman Cave." Y'all refer to your Man Caves all the time, so it came to me to go on the offense and fix a little retreat for myself. Hey, it works!:D :D

Ranger Mom
02-19-2010, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan

Okay...that made me BUST out laughing!!!!!:eek: :D :eek: :D

My husband has his "man-cave" and he is in the process of building MY patio off our bedroom.....it will be "KiKi's Korner."

:D

XMan
02-19-2010, 01:02 PM
She is probably watching baseball. Just seeing the groundskeepers get out their big hoses and water the dirt gets her pumped.

Green Bling
02-19-2010, 01:17 PM
Okay...that made me BUST out laughing!!!!!:eek: :D :eek: :D

My husband has his "man-cave" and he is in the process of building MY patio off our bedroom.....it will be "KiKi's Korner."

Now, that's what I'm talking about, RM!:D :D

STANG RED
02-19-2010, 01:28 PM
You should just change your name to Panchita and be done with it. Might even get some equal DVR rights out of the deal.

pancho villa
02-19-2010, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
You should just change your name to Panchita and be done with it. Might even get some equal DVR rights out of the deal.

I did'nt know I was going to get ganged up on by a bunch of women. Go iron some clothes.

STANG RED
02-19-2010, 03:54 PM
I did'nt know I was going to get ganged up on by a bunch of women. Go iron some clothes.

Don’t blame me for shredding your man card. Evidently Ms Villa is in complete control of that, as well as the DVR. :p

Green Bling
02-19-2010, 03:55 PM
Iron clothes? Seems to me that clothes made out of iron would be mighty uncomfortable!: :confused:

LE Dad
02-19-2010, 04:07 PM
Iron clothes? Seems to me that clothes made out of iron would be mighty uncomfortable!: :confused: Not to mention the rust stains.:p :D

BreckTxLonghorn
02-19-2010, 04:07 PM

I have found shining a light onto an adjacent wall will keep her occupied for 2-3 hours, just move it up or down ever 5 or 6 seconds.

waterboy
02-19-2010, 04:08 PM
Pancho,

I guess you just need to crack the whip a little harder. Go steal your sack out of her purse before you do that, though.....:devil:

Gobbler Fan
02-19-2010, 05:47 PM
Pancho,

I guess you just need to crack the whip a little harder. Go steal your sack out of her purse before you do that, though.....:devil:

Just be carefull not to get caught...she may put you in timeout :D

sinton66
02-19-2010, 06:02 PM

Okay, but.......

The Revenge Song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=609ry15lzMo&feature=related)

pirate4state
02-19-2010, 08:07 PM
me and my wife watched. just to make fun of them. we like to turn the tv down and become the commentators. when some guy fell, he got ice shaving stuck on his pants...."well charlie, the ice on the @ss pretty much sums it up for this go round." oh man, the commentators crack me up! they get so animated. "oooooooooooo and he stumbled" "ahhhhhhhhhh beautiful extension" they are just sooooooo dramatic. :D

skins4life
02-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
I have found shining a light onto an adjacent wall will keep her occupied for 2-3 hours, just move it up or down ever 5 or 6 seconds.

Now, That's funny right there, I don't care who you are!!!!:D :D :D

44INAROW
02-19-2010, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Okay, but.......

....into your room I'll creep :D

LE Dad
02-19-2010, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by skins4life
Now, That's funny right there, I don't care who you are!!!!:D :D :D I thought he was serious.:confused: :confused:

:devil:

Green Bling
02-19-2010, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Okay, but.......

That is flat out hilarious!! Some of you may remember the urban legend about Willie Nelson's wife waiting until he passed out, sewing him up in the sheets, and taking a baseball bat to him. A woman scorned... Just sayin'.

pancho villa
02-21-2010, 12:53 AM
I just caught the ol lady trying to record ice dancing. I told her to get her tail into the kitchen and warm me up some refried beans!

XMan
02-21-2010, 10:06 AM
The History channel had a great show on last night about dirt. Im betting the Villa's watched just like I did. Talked about how different sports use different types of dirt and how much water was needed for each type. It was very informative.

Diocletian
02-21-2010, 11:58 AM
Looks like your going to have to do what I did....

Buy a 2nd one. It's not that much of an investment if you consider the pain you prevent by getting it.

That fix worked great for me. Good luck!

Daddy D 11
02-21-2010, 12:04 PM
Or just do away with the DVR... that solves it.

STANG RED
02-21-2010, 12:12 PM
I've been resisting buying a DVR ever since they came out. But my wife and daughter have been slowly wearing me down lately. Reading this thread just set back their argument at least 2 years.

Green Bling
02-21-2010, 07:28 PM
I just caught the ol lady trying to record ice dancing. I told her to get her tail into the kitchen and warm me up some refried beans!
How's that working out for you?

Green Bling
02-21-2010, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by XMan
The History channel had a great show on last night about dirt. Im betting the Villa's watched just like I did. Talked about how different sports use different types of dirt and how much water was needed for each type. It was very informative.
Mr. Bling was watching that while I was watching the Olympics. Weird!

pancho villa
02-21-2010, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I've been resisting buying a DVR ever since they came out. But my wife and daughter have been slowly wearing me down lately. Reading this thread just set back their argument at least 2 years.

Don't be scard

LE Dad
02-21-2010, 09:01 PM
I just caught the ol lady trying to record ice dancing. I told her to get her tail into the kitchen and warm me up some refried beans! Nothing wrong with scantly clad women dancing on ice is there??:D

Green Bling
02-21-2010, 09:48 PM
Nothing wrong with scantly clad women dancing on ice is there??:D
Is that what you're doing to celebrate your Bday?:D :D

pancho villa
02-22-2010, 08:54 AM
I got a new TV for ms Villa and put it in the kitchen. Where she belongs.

Green Bling
02-22-2010, 11:19 AM
I know she just loves you for doing that for her!! What a guy!!

waterboy
02-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Awww......nothing spells love better than stealing!:inlove: Did you not steal a DVR for her, too?

pancho villa
02-22-2010, 11:24 AM
I know she just loves you for doing that for her!! What a guy!!

Thanks, she already knows I am awsome.

Gobbler Fan
02-22-2010, 11:42 AM

A "Woman Cave" ...nice .;)

garciap77
02-22-2010, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
:eek:

garciap77
02-22-2010, 01:24 PM
I AM an "out of control DVR old lady!" The solution is to get her her own DVR on a separate TV. Now that does pose another problem. If she goes to her "woman cave" to watch her TIVOed programs, you lose some together time.

:thinking:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/the_woman_cave_lg.jpg:thinking:

Green Bling
02-22-2010, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
:thinking:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/the_woman_cave_lg.jpg:thinking:
Just don't know what that blue thing in your picture is!:D :D I actually have a craft room that looks a lot like that pic. Well, except for that blue thing, of course!:D :D My craft room, however, is not my Woman Cave!

LE Dad
02-22-2010, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Whats up GP!! :clap:

Green Bling
02-22-2010, 03:16 PM
Whats up GP!! :clap:

He has been working on that Woman Cave graphic. I know I'm impressed!:clap: :clap: :clap:

LE Dad
02-22-2010, 03:40 PM
He has been working on that Woman Cave graphic. I know I'm impressed!:clap: :clap: :clap: That's like a 5 sec deal for "the image master".:D

:cool: