PDA

View Full Version : Being a Menance and/or Nuisance

eagles_victory
02-18-2010, 02:20 PM
Should there be some kind of warning or punishment for annoying post that are purposly being posted just for the reason of being a menance? I have noticed it a lot lately it gets old and tedious.

Daddy D 11
02-18-2010, 02:21 PM
yes

crzyjournalist03
02-18-2010, 02:32 PM
I brought up a similar suggestion last week and was thoroughly shut down.

I agree wholeheartedly though...I'm tired of reading a lot of the same shtick in almost every thread, even when that thread has nothing to do with it.

Daddy D 11
02-18-2010, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

I agree wholeheartedly though...I'm tired of reading a lot of the same shtick in almost every thread, even when that thread has nothing to do with it.

taking over a thread with garbage is ok in some instances, i think to a certain extent. but starting a thread for the sole purpose of being stupid is stupid.

MUSTANG69
02-18-2010, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Should there be some kind of warning or punishment for annoying post that are purposly being posted just for the reason of being a menance? I have noticed it a lot lately it gets old and tedious.

absolutely

Bullaholic
02-18-2010, 02:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6-5g78Nr6Q

(Sorry ---hope you find it in your heart to laugh with me...this clip just seemed too timely to pass up, and I do acknowledge your rights to voice your displeasure with some types of threads to the management ....)

eagles_victory
02-18-2010, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

I agree wholeheartedly though...I'm tired of reading a lot of the same shtick in almost every thread, even when that thread has nothing to do with it. Sorry I didn't see it but you are right. Most of the shticks going on right now arent remotely funny and bring down the respectability of the board in general.

PPSTATEBOUND
02-18-2010, 02:46 PM
"respectability of the board in general."

Mommy Daddy....Jr. has 1 more cookie then me.

:eek:

eagles_victory
02-18-2010, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
"respectability of the board in general."

:eek: lol I realize that sounds a little much I mean all in all it is an internet message board andnot that serious but some of the people on here and their meanacing post make the board look stupid.

LE Dad
02-18-2010, 02:50 PM
I think it should be handled by the Mods. If they feel a person is not contributing to the thread then the Mod should step in and ask the poster to get back on track.

That being said some of the funniest threads I have been on were because they got off track.

I am sure I have annoyed someone, one way or another while discussing a topic so just for simply annoying ...ummm NO.

NateDawg39
02-18-2010, 02:54 PM
Yes there should be a punishment. I admit I am guilty of it and so are many others. It is fun once in a while but when it is continued for no apparent reason it just gets to be annoying

Bullaholic
02-18-2010, 02:56 PM
I am probably pretty guilty about jumping in to threads and making some "humorous" remark or observation, but I do try to refrain from doing so on serious game threads or when a good, informative discussion is rolling along very smoothly. Even then, I try to return the thread to topic by making a parting statement that is germain to the thread, and hopefully spark more discussion or poster input.

eagles_victory
02-18-2010, 02:59 PM
Im not talking about hijacking my main problem is with constant shticks that serve 0 purpose and are not funny in way shape or form.

NateDawg39
02-18-2010, 03:00 PM
Im not talking about hijacking my main problem is with constant shticks that serve 0 purpose and are not funny in way shape or form. Example?

Bullaholic
02-18-2010, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Example?

Bridgeport jokes....:D

NateDawg39
02-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Bridgeport jokes....:D Oh hush you know it wouldn't be the same without them Ken :D

LE Dad
02-18-2010, 03:13 PM
Im not talking about hijacking my main problem is with constant shticks that serve 0 purpose and are not funny in way shape or form. Yes, I can think of 2 that do that and have managed to get threads closed due to their comments. Now that type of behavior I can do without. Some posters are not funny. They may laugh, but I don't think anyone else is. I guess to a degree though we must grin and bear it. Maybe the mods will take note of this and put an end to it by banning the poster from the thread instead of closing it or just ignoring it alltogether.

TheDOCTORdre
02-18-2010, 07:36 PM
I was here in case this thread gets closed

eagles_victory
02-18-2010, 08:30 PM
Example? crying babies

NateDawg39
02-18-2010, 08:33 PM
crying babies I never would have guessed that was going to be your choice :D

LH Panther Mom
02-18-2010, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Maybe the mods will take note of this and put an end to it by banning the poster from the thread instead of closing it or just ignoring it alltogether.
Believe it or not, that happens a LOT more than anyone is aware, except for mods and the person who gets banned from the thread.

Some (or maybe a lot) of what I "think" might be referred to in the thread could AND should be taken up in pm to try to resolve any issues! (And yes, that suggestion gets made!)

Ranger Mom
02-18-2010, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Believe it or not, that happens a LOT more than anyone is aware, except for mods and the person who gets banned from the thread.

Some (or maybe a lot) of what I "think" might be referred to in the thread could AND should be taken up in pm to try to resolve any issues! (And yes, that suggestion gets made!)

It's amazing all the "FYI's" and warnings that go on behind the scenes that the general population has no clue about....huh???

WOS87
02-18-2010, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
It's amazing all the "FYI's" and warnings that go on behind the scenes that the general population has no clue about....huh???

Yep! Several contributors to this very thread should know about that first hand!

;) :D

sinton66
02-18-2010, 09:32 PM
I can think of some that were told to stop.

NateDawg39
02-18-2010, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I can think of some that were told to stop. me to :)

Emerson1
02-18-2010, 09:37 PM
Don't yall miss the good old days when only a couple of us were annoying?

bobcat4life
02-18-2010, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Some (or maybe a lot) of what I "think" might be referred to in the thread could AND should be taken up in pm to try to resolve any issues! (And yes, that suggestion gets made!) if anyone knows it happens alot, it would be me. Ive been banned from close to 30 threads

NateDawg39
02-18-2010, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Don't yall miss the good old days when only a couple of us were annoying? Yeah there are like 30 now

sinton66
02-18-2010, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
if anyone knows it happens alot, it would be me. Ive been banned from close to 30 threads

Hmmmm, I wonder why that is.

NateDawg39
02-18-2010, 10:02 PM
Hmmmm, I wonder why that is. Because all the haters!! :mad:

:D

bobcat4life
02-18-2010, 10:33 PM
Hmmmm, I wonder why that is. its an uinjustice. I am a well respected member of this site. I am being discriminated against by evil forces

sinton66
02-18-2010, 10:48 PM
its an uinjustice. I am a well respected member of this site. I am being discriminated against by evil forces

Well that's just a crying shame......

Ranger Mom
02-18-2010, 10:54 PM
Well that's just a crying shame......

Oh no!! When I read that my first thought was a "crying baby" picture!!:doh: :doh:

NateDawg39
02-18-2010, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Oh no!! When I read that my first thought was a "crying baby" picture!!:doh: :doh: Mine to :doh:

BullsFan
02-18-2010, 11:28 PM
Noooo! You guys can't go over to the Dark Side like that!!

NateDawg39
02-18-2010, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
Noooo! You guys can't go over to the Dark Side like that!! Make it stop!!! :mad: :twitch:

zebrablue2
02-18-2010, 11:40 PM
its an uinjustice. I am a well respected member of this site. I am being discriminated against by evil forces

:rolleyes::evil::evilgrin::evillol:

NateDawg39
02-18-2010, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
:rolleyes::evil::evilgrin::evillol: Power hungry zebra!!!:mad: :mad:

zebrablue2
02-18-2010, 11:52 PM
Power hungry zebra!!!:mad: :mad:

believe me nate, i will never be a power hungry zebra, but i will help those who cannot help themselves follow the rules:D

NateDawg39
02-18-2010, 11:52 PM
believe me nate, i will never be a power hungry zebra, but i will help those who cannot help themselves follow the rules:D So if you are a Zebra and your blue what is your other color:confused:

Green Bling
02-18-2010, 11:55 PM
believe me nate, i will never be a power hungry zebra, but i will help those who cannot help themselves follow the rules:D
Classic, Zebra!!:D :D

NateDawg39
02-19-2010, 12:02 AM
believe me nate, i will never be a power hungry zebra, but i will help those who cannot help themselves follow the rules:D psshhh heard that before :D

zebrablue2
02-19-2010, 12:10 AM
So if you are a Zebra and your blue what is your other color:confused:

came on the board with that name cause I officiate football(10yrs) and baseball-softball for (30 yrs). zebrablue +2. it was a last second get on the board deal. I read many of the yrs my kids were playing sports, and did not join until they were out. i have fussed about many zebras and blues over the yrs, just human nature when a call does not go your way. anyhow, I am here for now, and hope I never have to run anyone, not my intent. have a good evening, and good night..:sleeping:

PS: my other colors are red and white.. go figure...

LE Dad
02-19-2010, 01:25 AM
Dang, I missed all of the fun.:D Oh well got to watch 2 great hoops games so life is good. Glad we got this issue straight, and that my idea was so good that the Mods are already doing it. :clap: :clap:

NateDawg39
02-19-2010, 08:07 AM
came on the board with that name cause I officiate football(10yrs) and baseball-softball for (30 yrs). zebrablue +2. it was a last second get on the board deal. I read many of the yrs my kids were playing sports, and did not join until they were out. i have fussed about many zebras and blues over the yrs, just human nature when a call does not go your way. anyhow, I am here for now, and hope I never have to run anyone, not my intent. have a good evening, and good night..:sleeping:

PS: my other colors are red and white.. go figure... Good to know a little background on ya Zebra! Hope you enjoy it here as much as I do