PDA

View Full Version : Lamesa

Black_Magic
02-18-2010, 12:22 PM
what is the impact of Lamesa staying 3A in Lamesa? I know alot thought or hoped they would drop. wonder what the mood is? anybody know?

TheDOCTORdre
02-18-2010, 07:37 PM
its a scientific fact that tornados blow...and so does Lamesa:D

IHStangFan
02-18-2010, 08:13 PM
GO GOLDEN TORNADOES!!! :clap:

Sweetwater Red
02-18-2010, 08:48 PM
If I remember correctly Torb (AD/HC) posted that they were senior laden last year with a ton of three year starters. I can't remember what their record was. But, I know they didn't make the playoffs. I wish they would've dropped. I hate to see any HS football team to unsuccessful perennially.

Ranger Mom
02-18-2010, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
If I remember correctly Torb (AD/HC) posted that they were senior laden last year with a ton of three year starters. I can't remember what their record was. But, I know they didn't make the playoffs. I wish they would've dropped. I hate to see any HS football team to unsuccessful perennially.

They moved out of our district and went North this season. I wonder if they will have a better chance in a new district?

stang92
02-18-2010, 10:01 PM
Lamesa had an enrollment figure of 444 I believe. How did their enrollment drop so fast? I know Andrews had 878 this time. Where did all the kids in Lamesa go?

Ranger Mom
02-18-2010, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by stang92
Lamesa had an enrollment figure of 444 I believe. How did their enrollment drop so fast? I know Andrews had 878 this time. Where did all the kids in Lamesa go?

I think it's indicative of a lot of small West Texas towns. Kermit and Denver City (who were in Greenwood's district forever) are now 2A.

It seems like Greenwood is the only place around here that is growing!! I don't think we will ever have 4A numbers, but I expect to see a jump in enrollment in the years to come.

All kinds of housing additions are being built out here and the elementary school is bursting at the seams.

Ex-Tiger2005
02-22-2010, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
what is the impact of Lamesa staying 3A in Lamesa? I know alot thought or hoped they would drop. wonder what the mood is? anybody know?

mixed emotions around here! i know a lot of coaches and players are ready for the challenge. but a lot of parents were kind of pissed! I get frustrated becuz i guess people dont realize in 2a there is good football being played there too! it is not like they were gonna drop and contend for a state title. numbers and all that would have been better but competition is still strong in 2a.

Black_Magic
02-22-2010, 10:56 AM
well if they went 2a they would be put with Idalu, Denver city, little field, and Muleshoe. Not easier than what they ended up IMO.

Sweetwater Red
02-22-2010, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
well if they went 2a they would be put with Idalu, Denver city, little field, and Muleshoe. Not easier than what they ended up IMO.

Probably not from a football stand point. But, what about all other
sports? :thinking:

Ex-Tiger2005
02-22-2010, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Probably not from a football stand point. But, what about all other
sports? :thinking:

true. but they compete pretty decently in most of the other sports. i just think people find a lot of ways to make excuses for these kids and thats why maybe they have not had the teams like they did in the past.