PDA

View Full Version : Boring TV

Bullaholic
02-18-2010, 10:00 AM
Seems like both "American Idol" and the Olympics have failed to capture my interest the last couple of nights----neither has been very good, or anything else that was on, for that matter. Maybe it's the commercial "marathons" on network TV.

pancho villa
02-18-2010, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Seems like both "American Idol" and the Olympics have failed to capture my interest the last couple of nights----neither has been very good, or anything else that was on, for that matter. Maybe it's the commercial "marathons" on network TV.

Are you nuts. NEW, LOST, Survivor, Amazing Race, The Mentalist, Criminal Minds, Men of a certian Age. TV is GOOD!

Bullaholic
02-18-2010, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Are you nuts. NEW, LOST, Survivor, Amazing Race, The Mentalist, Criminal Minds, Men of a certian Age. TV is GOOD!

But no baseball, Pancho....:D

pancho villa
02-18-2010, 10:46 AM
But no baseball, Pancho....:D

STANDAROUND? I would rather cut my neighbors grass than watch that junk!

Ranger Mom
02-18-2010, 10:49 AM

I have actually enjoyed American Idol this week.....it put us one week closer to the actual competition. That has always been my favorite part!

Bullaholic
02-18-2010, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I have actually enjoyed American Idol this week.....it put us one week closer to the actual competition. That has always been my favorite part!

Watching some of the awful characters perform in the city audtions is what I like---the shows that deal with nothing but various novel ways of the judges dragging out giving a performer a "yes" or a "no" is boring to me.

44INAROW
02-18-2010, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa

I love Criminal Minds - DRV on ION, A&E and TNT whenever it is on as well as CBS. I've never gotten into Mentalist but my husband loves it. I am looking forward to the LIVE American Idol shows :)

crzyjournalist03
02-18-2010, 11:25 AM
I watched CNBC last night where they were showing the Olympic Ice Hockey.

Sweden only beat Germany 2-0 despite being far and away the more talented team, then in the nightcap, the favored Switzerland came from behind to score 4 goals in the 3rd period to beat Slovakia in women's ice hockey 5-2.

Ranger Mom
02-18-2010, 11:36 AM
Watching some of the awful characters perform in the city audtions is what I like---the shows that deal with nothing but various novel ways of the judges dragging out giving a performer a "yes" or a "no" is boring to me.

That is exactly why I TIVO it, so I can fast-forward through all that garbage.

Bullaholic
02-18-2010, 11:41 AM

What a techno-mama you are....:D

themsu97
02-18-2010, 11:54 AM
oh man... Ghost Hunters, Pawn Stars... tv is great...

Green Bling
02-18-2010, 12:06 PM
I skip the auditions and start watching when the competition starts. I just can't bear to watch those awful people humiliate themselves.

Ranger Mom
02-18-2010, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Green Bling
I skip the auditions and start watching when the competition starts. I just can't bear to watch those awful people humiliate themselves.

The real competition is most definitely my favorite part. I have watched it all 9 years .... for some reason, my husband has actually sat down and watch every episode this season with me....for the first time.

Green Bling
02-18-2010, 02:51 PM
The real competition is most definitely my favorite part. I have watched it all 9 years .... for some reason, my husband has actually sat down and watch every episode this season with me....for the first time.
That is awesome. Mr. Bling and I have really different tastes in TV programing. It is laughable, really!:D :D

Farmersfan
02-18-2010, 02:55 PM

that's exactly what my wife does! it gets kind of confusing running from my mancave to the living room and keeping track of what is real and what is tape delayed......

BullsFan
02-18-2010, 02:59 PM
I just got totally hooked on NCIS. LOVE it!

Cameron Crazy
02-18-2010, 03:01 PM
I started a post that I thought would get some attention but it died quite fast. I would say you should watch the History Channel. American Pickers, Axeman, Pawn Stars that lineup doesn't get any better.

Ranger Mom
02-18-2010, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Green Bling
That is awesome. Mr. Bling and I have really different tastes in TV programing. It is laughable, really!:D :D

I don't know what is wrong with him, he hasn't had any interest in it the past 8 years!!

That is probably the only show ( besides football) that we actually watch together.

Bullaholic
02-18-2010, 03:11 PM
I don't know what is wrong with him, he hasn't had any interest in it the past 8 years!!

That is probably the only show ( besides football) that we actually watch together.

LOL, RM---When I read the first line of your post I thought maybe you were really deviating from the post topic...:D