PDA

View Full Version : Lebron to Mavs?

NateDawg39
02-18-2010, 09:42 AM
Found this on CNN

The Mavericks were busy at the trade deadline, but will their dealing lead to landing LeBron James? They definitely will be sniffing around this summer, though how things go in the next three or four months in Cleveland, Dallas, Oklahoma City, Denver, Miami and Toronto will go a long way toward determining who ends up where. If Cleveland wins the NBA title, LeBron James isn't going anywhere. If the Cavaliers get busted in the second round, he might have a tour to allow suitors a chance to wine and dine and woo him. By the way, if the Mavericks can get LeBron for Butler and Dampier, they would do it in one second. In fact, they would probably let the Cavaliers pick anybody on the team not named Dirk, with the possible exception of Jason Kidd, and do the deal.

Farmersfan
02-18-2010, 10:08 AM
I'm pretty sure they would trade Dirk for Lebron in a heartbeat. On another note it appears that the trade the Mavs made might actually turn out to be a very good trade. The Mavs became much, much more physical and athletic with that trade and in my opinion that is where they have been lacking for quite some time. I heard last night that the Mavs are sniffing after Illgauskus because Dampier is out over a month with his finger surgery.

kaorder1999
02-18-2010, 10:19 AM
yeah...to land LeBron, they would part with Dirk in a heartbeat

crzyjournalist03
02-18-2010, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
yeah...to land LeBron, they would part with Dirk in a heartbeat

But LeBron probably wouldn't even consider coming to Dallas if Dirk wasn't going to be here.

eagles_victory
02-18-2010, 10:32 AM
I dont see Dallas being a major player in the Lebron sweepstakes. At this point, I am going to be really shocked if he isnt in Cleveland next year. I think he will sign a short deal around 3 years or so not a long term extension. Now, D-Wade or D-Whistle as a former downlow great calls him could be a different story.

Farmersfan
02-18-2010, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I dont see Dallas being a major player in the Lebron sweepstakes. At this point, I am going to be really shocked if he isnt in Cleveland next year. I think he will sign a short deal around 3 years or so not a long term extension. Now, D-Wade or D-Whistle as a former downlow great calls him could be a different story.

That would be appropo for D-Wade to come to Dallas. Since it was the leagues favortism of him that cost Dallas the NBA title a few years ago he needs to come here and make up for it and get Dallas a title before he retires! Damn it! :(

eagles_victory
02-18-2010, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
That would be appropo for D-Wade to come to Dallas. Since it was the leagues favortism of him that cost Dallas the NBA title a few years ago he needs to come here and make up for it and get Dallas a title before he retires! Damn it! :( I don't think Dallas will be a big player in the 2010 market. I see 0 chance of D-Wade or Lebron going to Dallas. I just think there is a lot better chance of Wade leaving Mexia then Lebron leaving Cleveland.

Farmersfan
02-18-2010, 10:54 AM

Labron talks a good game and acts like he is above the petty crap but in the end it will be all about the money! He will let all the lowly people kiss his butt and cater to his every demand but after his ego is stroked for a while he will come back to the only thing that is important. The Money! And Cleveland will be in the best position to pay him.

eagles_victory
02-18-2010, 10:57 AM
Labron talks a good game and acts like he is above the petty crap but in the end it will be all about the money! He will let all the lowly people kiss his butt and cater to his every demand but after his ego is stroked for a while he will come back to the only thing that is important. The Money! And Cleveland will be in the best position to pay him. He would get more money playing in New York just because Cleveland can pay him more on his contract because the Larry Bird rule doesnt mean he will get more money there than anywhere else you have to think about how much more marketable playing in New York makes him. Endorsement wise New York will make him the most money.

Farmersfan
02-18-2010, 11:12 AM
He would get more money playing in New York just because Cleveland can pay him more on his contract because the Larry Bird rule doesnt mean he will get more money there than anywhere else you have to think about how much more marketable playing in New York makes him. Endorsement wise New York will make him the most money.

For normal athletes this is probably true but I think Lebron transcends this kind of regional marketing. He is marketed around the globe regardless of where he plays. Nike or any other global company isn't going to NOT sign him to an endorsement deal because he plays in Cleveland. The only advantage that New York has on Cleveland is TV market and the players don't get any of that anyway. I also don't think his fan base would be effected that significantly if he played in New York. He is a Global Commodity!

STANG RED
02-18-2010, 12:33 PM
For normal athletes this is probably true but I think Lebron transcends this kind of regional marketing. He is marketed around the globe regardless of where he plays. Nike or any other global company isn't going to NOT sign him to an endorsement deal because he plays in Cleveland. The only advantage that New York has on Cleveland is TV market and the players don't get any of that anyway. I also don't think his fan base would be effected that significantly if he played in New York. He is a Global Commodity!

I think your right. His money and marketability wont change much no matter where he plays. He just needs to be on a legit contender. They have built a good contender around him at Cleveland, and are looking to continue to do so. Plus isnt he a home town boy of Cleveland? I dont see him going anywhere. Only LA would give him a better shot at a championship, and I dont see Kobe sharing that spotlight with him anytime soon.

Txbroadcaster
02-18-2010, 01:22 PM
The old they must be in either New York, or LA to be marketed is not and has not been true since Jordan. He showed that you can play for any team and be a global marketing gold mine.

Farmersfan
02-18-2010, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
The old they must be in either New York, or LA to be marketed is not and has not been true since Jordan. He showed that you can play for any team and be a global marketing gold mine.

You go boy!!!!!:D :D :D

TheDOCTORdre
02-18-2010, 02:05 PM
If the Cavs make it to the finals, regardless of whether they win or lose Bron will be staying in Cleveland. The acquisition of Jamison to the Cavs has made the Cavs so much better now and should be able to make it to the finals this year

eagles_victory
02-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Rumor is Nike has offered him a large sum of money if he goes to New York.

NateDawg39
02-18-2010, 02:18 PM
Mark Cuban should get together with Jerry Jones and offer Lebron free party passes to all home games if he comes to Dallas :D

crzyjournalist03
02-18-2010, 02:20 PM
Rumor is Nike has offered him a large sum of money if he goes to New York.

If Nike has made that kind of offer to a player currently under contract with a team, I sure hope the Cavs and the NBA go after Nike for violating a key part of the league's collective bargaining agreement with its players and teams. You can't have a league sponsor making offers to players to encourage them to change teams, especially when they're under contract from another team.

eagles_victory
02-18-2010, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
If Nike has made that kind of offer to a player currently under contract with a team, I sure hope the Cavs and the NBA go after Nike for violating a key part of the league's collective bargaining agreement with its players and teams. You can't have a league sponsor making offers to players to encourage them to change teams, especially when they're under contract from another team. I hope your right Im going to be mad if he leaves the Cavs but I still think New York has a lot of appeal to the King so that has me a little worried.

Cameron Crazy
02-18-2010, 03:13 PM
The Mavericks do not have the money to get Lebron. Cleveland will not let him go, plus they would be stupid to let him go. They are building a great program around him and no one will be able to get Lebron.

CelinaCatFan
02-18-2010, 05:48 PM
No offense intended, but:

Keith will declare that he really loves the Celina Bobcats, Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns BEFORE the Mavericks get LeBron James.

While I would love to see it...it will never happen!

Txbroadcaster
02-18-2010, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
The Mavericks do not have the money to get Lebron. Cleveland will not let him go, plus they would be stupid to let him go. They are building a great program around him and no one will be able to get Lebron.

yea they actually do have the money with expring contract of Dampier and then u add in Butler

Cleveland will HAVE to trade him if he tells them I am gone they wont let him walk away and get nothing in return

in saying that I dont think LeBron is going anywhere

Emerson1
02-18-2010, 06:07 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yj3sx4e

crzyjournalist03
02-18-2010, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yj3sx4e

seriously? Dampier and Beaubois increase Orlando's win total by +2 after letting go of Dwight Howard?