PDA

View Full Version : Shaun White Takes Gold

Green Bling
02-17-2010, 11:18 PM
Shaun White just uncorked the Big Mac in a victory lap to take the gold in Men's Halfpipe! Unbelievable!!

fumanchu
02-17-2010, 11:32 PM
He is clearly head and shoulders above the rest of the competition. It is like turning loose a 220lb 4.5 sr running back on some uncordinated freshmen. I also like the fact that he didn't mail in his last run after he had already clenched. The individual success is great but I felt like he was competing for the U.S. and not just himself. I thought the japanese kid that busted his mouth open was in the top 3 if he could have finished a run.

Old Tiger
02-17-2010, 11:33 PM
Shaun White is sick.

BaseballUmp
02-17-2010, 11:34 PM
Imagine that lol

ccmom
02-17-2010, 11:35 PM
He is AMAZING!

rojosgirl
02-19-2010, 03:30 PM
Wish I had his hair.

STANG RED
02-19-2010, 03:47 PM
I read somewhere this kid is the highest earning athlete at these games. He's made something like $7m, or that might even be what he makes per year, not sure. Anyway, not too shabby for a kid that got his start on a skateboard. Seems to be a pretty good kid to, from the few interviews I've seen.

95mustang
02-19-2010, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I read somewhere this kid is the highest earning athlete at these games. He's made something like $7m, or that might even be what he makes per year, not sure. Anyway, not too shabby for a kid that got his start on a skateboard. Seems to be a pretty good kid to, from the few interviews I've seen.

As long as he keeps his head on straight he will be great. Everyone thought Tiger and Phelps were outstanding people too before they let temptation get the best of them.

Green Bling
02-19-2010, 11:05 PM
He is a corporation. He has his own halfpipe set in an undisclosed location that is accessible only by helicopter. He can go up there and invent tricks without anyone knowing what he's up to until he shows up in competition.

Txbroadcaster
02-19-2010, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
As long as he keeps his head on straight he will be great. Everyone thought Tiger and Phelps were outstanding people too before they let temptation get the best of them.

IMO what Phelps did should not be ANYWHERE in the same area of what Tiger did and not even in the same paragraph