PDA

View Full Version : politics

GreenMonster
02-17-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm not trying to stir the pot here, just wondering if it was illegal to open a political thread on the non-sports forum. Anyone know?

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-17-2010, 01:49 PM
It's been fine over there so far, but I'm not a mod so who knows.

crzyjournalist03
02-17-2010, 01:50 PM
see the blue colored thread at the top of the forum that says "No politics"?

I'm guessing that would mean politics are a no-go.

jason
02-17-2010, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
see the blue colored thread at the top of the forum that says "No politics"?

I'm guessing that would mean politics are a no-go. i think stickies lose their validity after 4 months of uselessness.....

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-17-2010, 01:53 PM
Yeah and there are only like 6 of us that ever post on the nonsports forum anyways so I say its ok.

Ranger Mom
02-17-2010, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Yeah and there are only like 6 of us that ever post on the nonsports forum anyways so I say its ok.

I say it's not......sorry!!:p

Sweetwater Red
02-17-2010, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I say it's not......sorry!!:p

What about the donating member forum?

sectionCwannabe
02-17-2010, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
i was wondering the same

Ranger Mom
02-17-2010, 01:59 PM

The rules are a bit more lax there...tis true.;)

GreenMonster
02-17-2010, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the wisdom RM. I was just wondering. I saw the Stickie and thought it was a valid question. It's so easy to slip off the wagon in some of these threads, football needs to hurry up and return.

Phil C
02-17-2010, 02:36 PM
BE POLITICALLY CORRECT!!

:mad:

ronwx5x
02-17-2010, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
BE POLITICALLY CORRECT!!

:mad:

Now there you go talking politics again! Stop it before you cause this thread to be closed.

ronwx5x
02-17-2010, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud

And there's a sticky over there that says "No more politics folks", just like this forum.

bobcat4life
02-17-2010, 08:20 PM
I am here in case this gets closed

as a POST PADDING MODERATOR, it should be closed though

LH Panther Mom
02-17-2010, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
I am here in case this gets closed

as a POST PADDING MODERATOR, it should be closed though
It's now closed to you! Good suggestion! :taunt: :taunt:

NateDawg39
02-17-2010, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
It's now closed to you! Good suggestion! :taunt: :taunt: :tisk: Thats mean

LH Panther Mom
02-17-2010, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
:tisk: Thats mean
And??????? :p

NateDawg39
02-17-2010, 08:29 PM
And??????? :p Power hungry!! :mad:

LE Dad
02-17-2010, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I'm not trying to stir the pot here, just wondering if it was illegal to open a political thread on the non-sports forum. Anyone know? I had a similar question and was advised that goverment and and such issues were OK to discuss, but when someone twists it toward one party or the other, or a particular political figure is brought up the thread will be closed.

IHStangFan
02-17-2010, 09:41 PM
And??????? :p :rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
02-17-2010, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
:rolleyes:
Take it up in pm if you have a problem!

Sweetwater Red
02-17-2010, 09:55 PM
Take it up in pm if you have a problem!

And this is way I love/fear LH Panther. Mom. She "keeps it real" more than any mod I have seen on this board.

NateDawg39
02-17-2010, 10:01 PM
Take it up in pm if you have a problem! Who do you think you are?? A mod?? Ohh look at me my name is highlighted in a sort of blueish green color I am super awesome now!! :D :D

SintonFan
02-18-2010, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
The rules are a bit more lax there...tis true.;)

WTH? I thought that forum was gone?!?
Did I get kicked out of that forum or what?:( :confused:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-18-2010, 01:52 AM
Believe what you want, but know what you believe in.

Ranger Mom
02-18-2010, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
WTH? I thought that forum was gone?!?
Did I get kicked out of that forum or what?:( :confused:

Let Tony know!

BullsFan
02-18-2010, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
I had a similar question and was advised that goverment and and such issues were OK to discuss, but when someone twists it toward one party or the other, or a particular political figure is brought up the thread will be closed.

When is politics ever brought up without someone twisting it towards one party or the other?

ETA: I think political preferences inform your views on government, so it's very difficult to talk about politics without it veering towards one side or the other.

DDBooger
02-18-2010, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by BullsFan
When is politics ever brought up without someone twisting it towards one party or the other?

ETA: I think political preferences inform your views on government, so it's very difficult to talk about politics without it veering towards one side or the other. Shut up liberal! :D

BullsFan
02-18-2010, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Shut up liberal! :D

LOL!! If you had told me 5 years ago anyone would have perceived me as being liberal, I would have either laughed in your face or slapped it. Hard. ;)

NateDawg39
02-18-2010, 09:52 AM
LOL!! If you had told me 5 years ago anyone would have perceived me as being liberal, I would have either laughed in your face or slapped it. Hard. ;) So you WERE liberal 6 years ago?

themsu97
02-18-2010, 10:03 AM
I was here...
and post padding is shameful...
it is the moderate, liberal, conservative way of doing things

LE Dad
02-18-2010, 10:03 AM

ETA: I think political preferences inform your views on government, so it's very difficult to talk about politics without it veering towards one side or the other. The problem is actually naming the party or person. The old "it is their fault" argument. My thought is it doesn't really matter how we got here, but rather what can we do to get out of here.
We are stuck in a horror movie and I don't want to argue if it is Freddy or Jason chasing us. I just want to get out of the woods and back to saftey.

Both parties are to blame for this mess. Washington no longer has our well being in mind. The process is now about lobbiest and special interest groups and it is ashame.

pancho villa
02-18-2010, 10:06 AM
I have some politics to talk. I think the 21st amendment was the best thing to happen in the history of the US! Your thoughts?

waterboy
02-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
I have some politics to talk. I think the 21st amendment was the best thing to happen in the history of the US! Your thoughts?
:clap: Did I hear you were giving out free Tequila?:D

BullsFan
02-18-2010, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
So you WERE liberal 6 years ago?

I absolutely was NOT. As I've gotten older, I've become far more mellow and tolerant than I used to be, plus what the current state government has done to education and educators in Texas has been both shameful and infuriating. I've gone from being strongly affiliated with one party to being pretty much just disenfranchised. Now I vote for the person, not the party. And if there's not a candidate I like or I'm not knowledgeable on the subject, I don't vote in that particular election.

(If I had my way, in addition to campaign reform and term limits, I'd also eliminate straight ticket voting.)

BullsFan
02-18-2010, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
The problem is actually naming the party or person. The old "it is their fault" argument. My thought is it doesn't really matter how we got here, but rather what can we do to get out of here.
We are stuck in a horror movie and I don't want to argue if it is Freddy or Jason chasing us. I just want to get out of the woods and back to saftey.

Both parties are to blame for this mess. Washington no longer has our well being in mind. The process is now about lobbiest and special interest groups and it is ashame.

Agreed, but approaches on how to solve the problem tend to vary widely based on political affiliation as well. I would love to see what would happen if there were no PACs or lobbiests, and if politicians really voted for their constituents and not their own pocketbooks.

LE Dad
02-18-2010, 10:27 AM
I absolutely was NOT. As I've gotten older, I've become far more mellow and tolerant than I used to be, plus what the current state government has done to education and educators in Texas has been both shameful and infuriating. I've gone from being strongly affiliated with one party to being pretty much just disenfranchised. Now I vote for the person, not the party. And if there's not a candidate I like or I'm not knowledgeable on the subject, I don't vote in that particular election.

(If I had my way, in addition to campaign reform and term limits, I'd also eliminate straight ticket voting.) :clap: :clap:
The 2 party system is BROKEN!! Washington has too much power and we have no say in our goverment. Even organizations, such as AARP, that are supposed to be looking out for particular groups are to blame. These groups are looking for revenue streams for themselves
rather than what is best for the people they are supposed to represent. That is how we ended up with a perscription drug coverage and almost healthcare coverage. This country needs reform not entitlements. I know they sound great, but it is time to bite the bullet and admit that as a country it is not feasable to keep promoting huge goverment programs.

LE Dad
02-18-2010, 10:28 AM
Agreed, but approaches on how to solve the problem tend to vary widely based on political affiliation as well. I would love to see what would happen if there were no PACs or lobbiests, and if politicians really voted for their constituents and not their own pocketbooks. :clap: :clap: I could not agree more.