PDA

View Full Version : Final 8 predictions D1

BigRed01
11-17-2002, 11:06 AM
My predictions for the regional winners to advance to the quarterfinals.

Monohans
Everman
Atlanta
Forney
Jasper
Bridge City
Burnet
Sinton

Everman will cruise through Region 1. They won't meet anybody that can beat them until the Region game.
Not bought and sold on the Atlanta win. Gainsville will be tough and might have something to say about Atlanta advancing. This should be a great game. If this prediction holds up, I don't see them getting past Forney
Jasper is the heavy favorite to win Region 3. My Cardinals will really have to play mistake free football to beat these guys.
Sinton and Burnet....now this is a game. The winner of this one has got to be the favorite to win all the marbles. This should be a war.

Any thoughts?

justanopinion
11-17-2002, 11:18 AM
Sounds like a good poll.

75isaHaus
11-17-2002, 01:39 PM
Make a DII poll please....you really seem to know what your talkin about...if u don't mind.

whtfbplaya
11-17-2002, 04:49 PM
OK

BIG19
11-18-2002, 02:09 PM
I think you are right on. Go ahead and make a guess at D2.

Jimbotex40
11-18-2002, 04:21 PM
i like that also...i will second that request for you to make a final 8 in D2 as well.

PPHSfan
11-18-2002, 04:24 PM
Final Four

Everman
Forney
Jasper
Sinton

Final Two

Forney
Sinton

Just my opinion...I am usually wrong. LOL

BigRed01
11-18-2002, 06:50 PM
OK here we go.....

Sweetwater
Decatur
Midland Greenwood
Kennedale
Dangerfield
Wilmer Hutchins
New Boston
Longview Spring Hill
Rockdale
Bellville
Newton
Lagrange
Yoakum......this is my upset
Orange Grove
Altair Rice
Port Isabel

There they are I will give you my explanations on a few games.
Sweetwater gets by in a close one against Perryton.
I pick Decatur, but I think Iowa Park gets any little break and the scores goes the other way. This should really be a good one.
Midland Greenwood will crush Canyon
Kennedale crushes Ballinger
Dangerfield over Celina....this one I feel should end the streak, but if it does, everybody on Dangerfield will be hobbling off the field. This should be a good one. Celina is one tough bunch.
Another good game is New Boston and Commerce. I pick New Boston, but they had better play mistake free football against Commerce.
Rockdale I will say squeaks by Fairfield
Even though Liberty is playing better, I don't think they have it to compete with Bellville.
Newton......enough said.
Lagrange crushes Coldspring. Coldspring has maximized itself to the fullest, but Lagrange is way too tough.
My upset....Yoakum over Liberty Hill. I don't see Liberty Hill playing that well the last two games. I think the loss to Burnet kinda took the sails out of them.
Toss up of CC West and Orange Grove...it really doesn't matter, neither one of these teams will impact deep in the playoffs. :)

labrat99
11-18-2002, 06:54 PM
If this years Sinton team is as big, fast, and strong as last year's team, they have a shot at beating Jasper. If they lag in any of those areas, the Bulldogs will cruise into the Title game.

BigRed01
11-18-2002, 07:06 PM
labrat99:
If this years Sinton team is as big, fast, and strong as last year's team, they have a shot at beating Jasper. If they lag in any of those areas, the Bulldogs will cruise into the Title game.Oh no, I think region 3 and 4 are the most volatile. These regions are the most undecided of all. Jasper will have no free rides if they do make it. Jasper has a hard road to hoe. First they must take care of Cameron, then most probably face Bridge City, who is no slouch themselves. If they do get past all of that, they will be rewarded with either playing Sinton or Burnet. Then if somehow they manage to overcome that, they are faced with probably Everman. Jasper is good, but they have a full plate right now.

sinton66
11-20-2002, 07:44 AM
PPHSfan:
Final Four

Everman
Forney
Jasper
Sinton

Final Two

Forney
Sinton

Just my opinion...I am usually wrong. LOLI think you may be on to something here. If Everman and Forney meet in the semi's, Forney will have the revenge angle. That's pretty powerful medicine at the high school level. I hope you're right about the other participant also! :D :D :D

<small>[ November 20, 2002, 06:51 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

justanopinion
11-20-2002, 09:36 AM
If those final 4 predictions hold up this should be the best finals ever.

If this does happen Everman should be the favorites with Jasper and Sinton close behind. Forney should be the underdogs going into these games but the field will be so close I don't know who will win.

whtfbplaya
11-20-2002, 11:44 AM
I have to take Everman into the final 2

spiveyrat
11-20-2002, 12:31 PM
Forney in the title game??? C'mon! :rolleyes:

justanopinion
11-20-2002, 01:15 PM
I'm pretty sure most people aren't counting Forney out of the title game. They would certainly be underdogs and they would have to get pass Everman.