PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Running Back Arrested

gold_33
02-17-2010, 12:08 PM
Just heard this on ESPN radio, thought id share. Some bad news on the former 3A running back LaMichael James who had a breakout year this year in the Pac 10.

Link (http://kezi.com/page/162872)

3afan
02-17-2010, 12:13 PM
da

sectionCwannabe
02-17-2010, 12:14 PM
foolishness!

Emerson1
02-17-2010, 12:37 PM
I bet Seastrunk is arrested at some point in the next year

Matthew328
02-17-2010, 12:40 PM
Naa Lache is not that kind of kid, not saying it won't happen but he's never struck me as the kind of kid who would be arrested in the time I've known him.

LE Dad
02-17-2010, 12:46 PM
I heard about this earlier this morning but still don't have all of the facts. What I know so far is this is related to some type of domestic issue. Details are pretty sketchy, but I should know more this evening.

Phil C
02-17-2010, 12:49 PM
:(

SintonPirateFan
02-17-2010, 01:19 PM
another link

LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4921403)

Rocket Dad
02-17-2010, 02:46 PM
Never know what decisions that young people will make. I do know that the Temple RB going to Oregon is a major trash talker and showboat at 7 on 7 games (witnessed that myself ), does that mean anything about his lifestyle or future decisions ??? Only time will tell.

lostaussie
02-17-2010, 03:15 PM
absolutely amazing.............hope the best for him. this stuff just blows my mind.

Keith7
02-17-2010, 05:31 PM
Isn't this LE_dad's BFF?

Green Bling
02-17-2010, 05:45 PM
So very sad to see this young man jeopardize this amazing opportunity. Hopefully he will turn his life around in time to gain a second chance with Oregon.

Z-RO
02-17-2010, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Naa Lache is not that kind of kid, not saying it won't happen but he's never struck me as the kind of kid who would be arrested in the time I've known him.

Hes more of the type of kid that would be on the other end of this type of ordeal.

LE Dad
02-17-2010, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Isn't this LE_dad's BFF? Hey cake7, LaMichael is an LE alum and if you would actually read a thread before replying you would see I am waiting to hear a little more info on this subject before responding. It is most certainly a sad sitiuation regardless. All that is known to his friends and family is pretty much what has been reported. Anyone who has dealt with domestic issues knows the best solution is just to walk away. That is hard to convince a headstrong 19 year old to do sometimes. We will know more soon. I just hope that no one was seriously injured and that LaMicheal will learn from this experience.

That is all I will say until I know more about this situation.

SWMustang
02-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Hey cake7, LaMichael is an LE alum and if you would actually read a thread before replying you would see I am waiting to hear a little more info on this subject before responding. It is most certainly a sad sitiuation regardless. All that is known to his friends and family is pretty much what has been reported. Anyone who has dealt with domestic issues knows the best solution is just to walk away. That is hard to convince a headstrong 19 year old to do sometimes. We will know more soon. I just hope that no one was seriously injured and that LaMicheal will learn from this experience.

As a headstrong 19 year old I never hit a woman.

LE Dad
02-17-2010, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
As a headstrong 19 year old I never hit a woman. When did he "hit" her. It is allegeged that she was either pushed or knocked to the ground, but I have never seen the word "hit" used by anyone other than you.

There will be more facts to this story. They may be worse or they may be better, but I see no need to embelish or make up allegations.

SWMustang
02-17-2010, 06:21 PM
When did he "hit" her. It is allegeged that she was either pushed or knocked to the ground, but I have never seen the word "hit" used by anyone other than you.

There will be more facts to this story. They may be worse or they may be better, but I see no need to embelish or make up allegations.

Correct you are sir. Let me re-phrase: I've never pushed or knocked a woman to the ground and I've never been to jail charged with any form of domestic disturbance as a headstrong 19 year old.

IHStangFan
02-17-2010, 06:23 PM
Isn't this LE_dad's BFF? awe...someone's got friend envy. It's nice having friends...you should try it. ;)

Sweetwater Red
02-17-2010, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
awe...someone's got friend envy. It's nice having friends...you should try it. ;)

:clap:

Now I have to add you to my "Posters I'd like to meet in person" list. :D

LE Dad
02-17-2010, 06:58 PM
Correct you are sir. Let me re-phrase: I've never pushed or knocked a woman to the ground and I've never been to jail charged with any form of domestic disturbance as a headstrong 19 year old. That is the allegation. Did he do it? I don't know. I am waiting till I hear more. I know of several Duke Lacrosse players that wish they had never went to jail. :thinking:

Ranger Mom
02-17-2010, 07:04 PM
I have no idea if he did or didn't do it....but I know FOR A FACT that a wife can cry "rape" and press charges against her husband, and that husband will go to jail on those charges.

Then said "rape victim" can have a change of heart 6 months (and 10 thousand dollars) later and claim she was "off her meds" and all charges will be dropped with no charges against the "wife" for filing a false report!!

This happened to a co-workers son not even a year ago.

I have seen many instances where a claim was embellished.....so, with that being said, I will see the "wait and see" approach of LE Dad!!

LE Dad
02-17-2010, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
:clap:

Now I have to add you to my "Posters I'd like to meet in person" list. :D :thumbsup: Absolutely, I have always thought IHSstangfan was cool, but now I know it.:clap: :clap:

SWMustang
02-17-2010, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I have no idea if he did or didn't do it....but I know FOR A FACT that a wife can cry "rape" and press charges against her husband, and that husband will go to jail on those charges.

Then said "rape victim" can have a change of heart 6 months (and 10 thousand dollars) later and claim she was "off her meds" and all charges will be dropped with no charges against the "wife" for filing a false report!!

I have seen many instances where a claim was embellished.....so, with that being said, I will see the "wait and see" approach of LE Dad!!

we should just legalize all forms of domestic violence and rape to make things easier.

DDBooger
02-17-2010, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

I have seen many instances where a claim was embellished.....so, with that being said, I will see the "wait and see" approach of LE Dad!! I generally accept the woman's account of things and normally the investigators are good enough to sniff out a bogus claim. However, statistically, a majority of domestic violence incidents occur as a result of a woman initiating the contact. I'm trying to remember the study. That in no way excuses the beat down of a woman, but some men don't react well to contact lol.

DDBooger
02-17-2010, 07:39 PM
we should just legalize all forms of domestic violence and rape to make things easier. Some idiot would think that's an excellent comparison to legalizing *********! haha funny right!

SWMustang
02-17-2010, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Some idiot would think that's an excellent comparison to legalizing *********! haha funny right!

not very subtle, huh?

I think a woman should face the same legal consequences for falsely reporting rape/abuse as the man would have gotten if the allegations were true. I would hate for my wife to accuse me of something that consensually happened last night - twice.

NateDawg39
02-17-2010, 08:41 PM
not very subtle, huh?

I think a woman should face the same legal consequences for falsely reporting rape/abuse as the man would have gotten if the allegations were true. I would hate for my wife to accuse me of something that consensually happened last night - twice. :1omg!:

Keith7
02-17-2010, 08:50 PM
Hey cake7, LaMichael is an LE alum and if you would actually read a thread before replying you would see I am waiting to hear a little more info on this subject before responding. It is most certainly a sad sitiuation regardless. All that is known to his friends and family is pretty much what has been reported. Anyone who has dealt with domestic issues knows the best solution is just to walk away. That is hard to convince a headstrong 19 year old to do sometimes. We will know more soon. I just hope that no one was seriously injured and that LaMicheal will learn from this experience.

Hey NB Dad, you brag about the kid all season long but you don't expect someone to bring it up?

Give me a break

LE Dad
02-17-2010, 09:23 PM
Hey NB Dad, you brag about the kid all season long but you don't expect someone to bring it up?

Give me a break Did I ever say not bring it up? I posted on it well before you shared your wisdom on the matter. There are several stories about this incident that are not adding up. Does that mean the allegations are false? I don't know. Is it possible that these charges may be reduced or dropped? Again, I don't know. All I do know is LaMicheal is a good kid regardless. Did he make a bad decision? Yes, guilty or not, he needs to realize that he can be someones claim to 15 minutes of fame and conduct himself accordingly.

Now if you have any productive input please share...:D

IHStangFan
02-17-2010, 09:36 PM
Did I ever say not bring it up? I posted on it well before you shared your wisdom on the matter. There are several stories about this incident that are not adding up. Does that mean the allegations are false? I don't know. Is it possible that these charges may be reduced or dropped? Again, I don't know. All I do know is LaMicheal is a good kid regardless. Did he make a bad decision? Yes, guilty or not, he needs to realize that he can be someones claim to 15 minutes of fame and conduct himself accordingly.

Now if you have any productive input please share...:D I'm not sure if you're aware LE, but keith is not really a person, you are arguing w/ an ever evolving internet virus that plagues the DL.....it takes valid AND useless input and regurgitates crap regardless of what it's fed. The effects are long term and lasting. No virus software seems to be able to completely get rid of it, although, it's got more to do w/ the lack of interest in doing away w/ the virus due to it's insignificance more than it does actually not being able to find a solution. In a nutshell....it's just entertaining to watch it chase it's own tail. Take it w/ a grain of salt. I do. :D

LE Dad
02-17-2010, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I'm not sure if you're aware LE, but keith is not really a person, you are arguing w/ an ever evolving internet virus that plagues the DL.....it takes valid AND useless input and regurgitates crap regardless of what it's fed. The effects are long term and lasting. No virus software seems to be able to completely get rid of it, although, it's got more to do w/ the lack of interest in doing away w/ the virus due to it's insignificance more than it does actually not being able to find a solution. In a nutshell....it's just entertaining to watch it chase it's own tail. Take it w/ a grain of salt. I do. :D Thanks for the info. I was sure there was a logical explaination. Geez and all this time I thought ....well we will save that one for another day.lol:D

IHStangFan
02-17-2010, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the info. I was sure there was a logical explaination. Geez and all this time I thought ....well we will save that one for another day.lol:D if you hit "Alt, Control, Argue"....it tends to flare up.....it's quite.....interesting. :D

LE Dad
02-18-2010, 10:39 AM
A few more FACTS are available on this incident:

1. The woman making these ALLEGATIONS waited a full day before filing a complaint.

2. The woman did have an abrasion, but did not have any visable signs of being choked. That ALLEGATION is being sustained on her word alone.

3. LaMichael now has legal counsel and maintains his innocence.

SWMustang
02-18-2010, 03:32 PM
Ironic that LE DAD mentioned the Duke Lacrosse allegations:

The chick that made the allegations is in trouble.

From Fox News:

DURHAM, N.C. — North Carolina police responding to a domestic violence call have arrested the woman who falsely accused three Duke University lacrosse players of rape.

WRAL-TV reported 33-year-old Crystal Gale Mangum was arrested late Wednesday on charges she assaulted her boyfriend.

Durham County jail records indicate Mangum is charged with attempted murder, arson, assault and battery, identity theft, communicating threats, damage to property, resisting an officer and child endangerment.

Durham police said they found Mangum and 33-year-old Milton Walker fighting. Police said Mangum went into a bathroom and set some clothes on fire in a bathtub.

Three children were in the house, but no one was hurt.

Mangum was in jail Thursday morning, with no attorney yet.

LE Dad
02-20-2010, 11:53 AM
Now this is starting to make a little sense. Apparently, LJ had another young lady from Texarkana at his apartment Sunday night. His girlfriend shows up in the early morning hours, and all hell breaks loose in the parking lot. The GF goes ballistic and tries to get to the "other woman". LJ in trying to prevent an even worse scene grabs the GF, and she is either pushed or trips to the ground. (that depends on who you believe). Neighbors PO'ed at the 3AM wakeup call, inform police. Police arrive, do their thing, and make no arrests. Over 24 hrs later GF shows up at police station to file a complaint, the allegations of strangulation and assualt are made.

Pick6
02-20-2010, 12:49 PM

Give me a break

Seems like you get your panties in a wad if anything is said about Purvey's special brownies, or about how he wasted all his talent.

Daddy D 11
02-20-2010, 12:51 PM
Now this is starting to make a little sense. Apparently, LJ had another young lady from Texarkana at his apartment Sunday night. His girlfriend shows up in the early morning hours, and all hell breaks loose in the parking lot. The GF goes ballistic and tries to get to the "other woman". LJ in trying to prevent an even worse scene grabs the GF, and she is either pushed or trips to the ground. (that depends on who you believe). Neighbors PO'ed at the 3AM wakeup call, inform police. Police arrive, do their thing, and make no arrests. Over 24 hrs later GF shows up at police station to file a complaint, the allegations of strangulation and assualt are made.

If this is true, which we don't know, but if it is than he got the classic screw job from a dumb b***h.

LE Dad
03-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Word is that LaMicheal is set to change his plea from not guilty to no contest. I think this is part of a plea that will lead to; no jail time, possibly having this expunged from his record and not have charges looming over his head for the next 1-2 years. No contest is just that, you are not pleading guilty,but you are not contesting the charges. My understanding is that some of the more serious charges may be dropped.

It appears that there may be no clear resolution (guilty vs not guilty) to this case, but at least it will be quick. I hope that LJ has learned from this and that he has a chance to redeem his reputation.