PDA

View Full Version : Fishing

bwdlionfan
02-17-2010, 09:40 AM
Fishing is sports related, right?

I chartered a boat with some buddies and went saltwater fishing last summer off the coast of Galveston. Had a blast and between the four of us we landed 17 sharks, a red fish, a couple mackerel, and a few other fish over a 4 hour period. I'm interested in going back and just fishing off of a pier before my saltwater license expires. Does anyone know of a good, not so crowded place to go on Galveston Island? I'm looking at this weekend or next.

big daddy russ
02-17-2010, 10:21 AM
I'm not too familiar with Galveston, but TGCF is a great resource. The forums are filled with people who know the area.

Texas Gulf Coast Fishing (http://www.texasgulfcoastfishing.com/)

TRENCHES06
02-17-2010, 10:47 AM
What company did you charter a boat with? How much was it?

bwdlionfan
02-17-2010, 11:29 AM
We went with a guy we found online. I can't even remember his name but I can ask my buddy later and let you know if you're interested. He charged us I believe $450 for the four of us (we gave him $500 though). He provided 6 poles that we kept in the water at all time. He also provided all of the bait and gas. He cleaned the fish and everything for us. Most importantly, he took the sharks off the hook for us! He was actually from the Stephenville area, we didn't know that until we were 7 miles out in the ocean just making small talk. My main complaint with him was the ride out and the ride back in. He was going so fast in that boat that we were constantly going airborne. It was fun for awhile, but it got old doing that for 7 miles, and getting soaked from doing it. The seats also had no cushions so it hurt pretty badly when we'd slam back down on the water. We all decided to stand up while he was driving and hold on to something.

pancho villa
02-17-2010, 11:40 AM
They have not built the piers back yet. I saw them working on one by 61st street last weekend.

cameron91
02-17-2010, 12:02 PM
b..haven't been to Galveston since 02 .but my ex-girlfriend grandma took my fishing all the time. Their is a road call 8 mile road.if this wasn't washed away,their is plenty of good wholes to fish in if you can locate that area. this old lady caught every thing up under the sun in these whole.i know it's located at the end of the seawall.their is plenty of side roads of the 8 mile road.the wholes doesn't look huge or deep.but their is plenty of fish in their.

Daddy D 11
02-17-2010, 01:08 PM
screw the salt lol come with me next Friday to Fayette and I'll have you pullin 5's out the water like clock work:thumbsup:

Green Bling
02-17-2010, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
screw the salt lol come with me next Friday to Fayette and I'll have you pullin 5's out the water like clock work:thumbsup:
Mr. Bling is from that area. He grew up in Carmine. Nice lake.

Daddy D 11
02-17-2010, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Green Bling
Mr. Bling is from that area. He grew up in Carmine. Nice lake.

Oh ok sweet, yeah every spring I am there ATLEAST once a month! Normally a lot more lol I love it

lostaussie
02-17-2010, 03:08 PM
I like fishing:D

playnhurt
02-17-2010, 03:08 PM
Try the dock at Indianola. Around half way between Galveston and Corpus. Close to Port Lavaca. They have a big Drum run.

raider red 2000
02-18-2010, 11:41 AM
http://gofishmatagorda.com/

try these dudes.

maroogreen
02-18-2010, 04:09 PM
There wasn't much biting in Rockport last weekend at Copano Bay. And it was too darn cold.

raider red 2000
02-18-2010, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by maroogreen
There wasn't much biting in Rockport last weekend at Copano Bay. And it was too darn cold.

did you go with a guide?

maroogreen
02-18-2010, 08:51 PM
Nah. Just fished off of our pier. Never thought I'd say this, but bring on summer!

raider red 2000
02-18-2010, 09:01 PM
my guide buddy says they have been catching a bunch.

he goes mostly out of matagorda when he is guiding....but also goes to port o'conner when just goin with friends.

hookandladder
02-19-2010, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
Fishing is sports related, right?

I chartered a boat with some buddies and went saltwater fishing last summer off the coast of Galveston. Had a blast and between the four of us we landed 17 sharks, a red fish, a couple mackerel, and a few other fish over a 4 hour period. I'm interested in going back and just fishing off of a pier before my saltwater license expires. Does anyone know of a good, not so crowded place to go on Galveston Island? I'm looking at this weekend or next.

I would recommend Palacios,Tx., it is very close to Matagorda. They have a couple of Lighted fishing pier's and also a number of lighted rock jetties to fish from, also very few people fishing this area. They have hotels right on the water that are very reasonable rates, mom and pop run. It is all fishing and drinking a cold one or two.They also have guide's in this area , if interested I could hook you up.