PDA

View Full Version : Graham's new coach

huntingbig8
02-17-2010, 09:00 AM
Graham stayed within and hired DC Kenny Davidson as their new AD and head football coach.

grahampaw
02-17-2010, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by huntingbig8
Graham stayed within and hired DC Kenny Davidson as their new AD and head football coach. No one saw this coming three months back.........Coach Davidson is not only a good coach but he is also a great person.I hope he keeps everyone in place and they keep having great teams.

huntingbig8
02-17-2010, 03:30 PM
Kenny is a great guy, but typical Graham, we don't bother to see who else might apply. we'll sacrifice winning to keep everyone happy.

UNVME2
02-17-2010, 03:37 PM
Do not see how this is sacrificing winning. Sometime there is no need to look outside.

Z-RO
02-17-2010, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by UNVME2
Do not see how this is sacrificing winning. Sometime there is no need to look outside.

How do you know if you dont at least look? I will say this though, he has kept Graham's defense tough over the past few years.

Z-RO
02-17-2010, 05:38 PM
You know I have to be the negative nancy around here :D

From the Graham paper

"GISD Superintendent Beau Rees said the move came as a surprise to him at Tuesday’s meeting"

http://www.grahamleader.com/index.asp?Story=18219

This is a HUGE case of BS because I was informed of the decision last week. If you think I am lying just ask Grahampaw because we texted about it.

Anyways, cant really complain about the guy he seems to have some success outside of Graham even if it was in TAPPS.

Daddy D 11
02-17-2010, 06:41 PM
He wont be the problem. Not having a DI QB will be the problem.

Z-RO
02-17-2010, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
He wont be the problem. Not having a DI QB will be the problem.

Trust me, that is not a problem when looking back in retrospect.

Daddy D 11
02-17-2010, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO
Trust me, that is not a problem when looking back in retrospect.

If you are talking about Case's antics and his off the field fiascos then maybe so. But on the field... he was obviously DI talent and when you have that guiding your offense up and down the field you are going to be pretty salty. Now that he is gone, Graham will go back to being average.

Sweetwater Red
02-17-2010, 07:28 PM
Now that he is gone, Graham will go back to being average.

Kinda like McMurry did after you left?
:thinking: :D

grahampaw
02-17-2010, 08:17 PM
If you are talking about Case's antics and his off the field fiascos then maybe so. But on the field... he was obviously DI talent and when you have that guiding your offense up and down the field you are going to be pretty salty. Now that he is gone, Graham will go back to being average. What off the field fiascos are you talking about?

grahampaw
02-17-2010, 08:19 PM
He wont be the problem. Not having a DI QB will be the problem. Grahams QB will be a big surprise the next couple of years,he can flat out play and may be D1 by the time its over.

injuredinmelee
02-17-2010, 09:00 PM

From the Graham paper

"GISD Superintendent Beau Rees said the move came as a surprise to him at Tuesday’s meeting"

http://www.grahamleader.com/index.asp?Story=18219

This is a HUGE case of BS because I was informed of the decision last week. If you think I am lying just ask Grahampaw because we texted about it.

yeah he is full of it.

bobcat4life
02-17-2010, 09:07 PM
He's no Brad McCoy but he'll do.....

and what "antics" of Case's are you talking about?

steerz2010
02-17-2010, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by grahampaw
Grahams QB will be a big surprise the next couple of years,he can flat out play and may be D1 by the time its over. yeah he is pretty dang good.. and a very close friend of mine :D

Z-RO
02-17-2010, 09:40 PM
I don’t know of anything off of the field, and I think this will finally give somebody else a chance to play QB knowing they will get a legitimate shot at it. Heard the next kid is pretty good himself.

VWG
02-17-2010, 09:55 PM
reading some posts on this thread make me want to puke

2009 season is over, done with

good luck Coach Davidson and staff

Daddy D 11
02-17-2010, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by VWG
reading some posts on this thread make me want to puke

You should get to a trashcan

Z-RO
02-17-2010, 11:00 PM
Just to clarify my earlier post, I believe Case was the best QB at GHS his Jr and Sr seasons. Oh and I think this next coach will do fine, good luck to him :)

westcoast54
02-17-2010, 11:03 PM
Kenny is a great guy, but typical Graham, we don't bother to see who else might apply. we'll sacrifice winning to keep everyone happy.

It's called, LOYALTY. Graham went to the STATE FINALS. It was more than just the two McCoys. Defense was pretty dang good! Give the man a chance. He has head coaching experience. You have hard working kids in the Graham along with a very good coaching staff. Do your team a favor and stay out of the way.

Ragin Red
02-18-2010, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by westcoast54
It's called, LOYALTY. Graham went to the STATE FINALS. It was more than just the two McCoys. Defense was pretty dang good! Give the man a chance. He has head coaching experience. You have hard working kids in the Graham along with a very good coaching staff. Do your team a favor and stay out of the way. AMEN TO THAT :clap: :clap: :clap: Back off and give him a chance. It's just like some people in the stands this year, if they felt like someone isn't being played enough like this past season people gripe about the coaching. But when they started winning people quit griping and started cheering. Give him his due diligence please before we start judging.
Good Luck Coach Davidson

Go Steers!!!!!!!!

huntingbig8
02-18-2010, 12:06 PM
new qb is a great kid, not even close to the same league as Case yet. Graham people quit filling yourselves full of crap, we've always been average, except one year. We have a long history of average coaches taking average kids to the first round and then starting basketball. We really need to build on this season and teach our kids what it is like to win year in year out. By the way Case is as upstanding as his brother Colt, if you think or have heard different it is pure jealousy. don't agree with all Brad McCoy's decisions here, but Graham is better for having him on and off the field.

Z-RO
02-18-2010, 12:10 PM
What about that streak where Graham won all of those district championships in a row but kept getting knocked out in the first round? Graham has always had great hard working talented kids! Its that they finally got a coach and a system who could take advantage of it.

STANG RED
02-18-2010, 12:22 PM
Hope this all works out well for Graham, but it's not a given. We had a great defensive coordinator several years back, that took over the reins for a couple years after the HC left. It didnt work out well at all. He was a great defensive guy, and a great guy in general. But things didnt work out well for him as the HC at all. But in all fairness, he took over when Sweetwater was still playing in 4A, but with 3A numbers, and our talent pool might have been a bit depleted as well. He's been an assistant at Abilene High ever since leaving here, and thats seems to have worked out real well for him.

Daddy D 11
02-18-2010, 02:27 PM
Graham people quit filling yourselves full of crap, we've always been average, except one year.

Is this the first realistic, level headed Graham fan on the board? I think so.

Cameron Crazy
02-18-2010, 02:57 PM
Davidson was a great choice for the AD position. He has been AD at Fort Worth Christian before he came to Graham. He knows what it takes and he is quite capable of doing great things there.

huntingbig8
02-18-2010, 03:31 PM
Thanks Daddy D and Z-Ro, I've been thru the Graham program, years ago albeit, I will never doubt how hard the kids work and their efforts. However, We've all seen the years with above average talent end in the first round too many times. That streak you mention is my exact point. It took a really good coach like McCoy to get us somewhere else. McCoy had a lot of average kids that bought into his system and did things his way, it worked real well. that is why I think it is a disservice to Graham to not look outside and just make sure that their isn't some great coach looking to go to a smaller school. this is certainly not a knock on Kenny D. just typical Graham. Example-- Mark Ball, Charles Hesse, Greg Enis. Two of the three hired from within. all three still suck.

Z-RO
02-18-2010, 04:20 PM
Thanks Daddy D and Z-Ro, I've been thru the Graham program, years ago albeit, I will never doubt how hard the kids work and their efforts. However, We've all seen the years with above average talent end in the first round too many times. That streak you mention is my exact point. It took a really good coach like McCoy to get us somewhere else. McCoy had a lot of average kids that bought into his system and did things his way, it worked real well. that is why I think it is a disservice to Graham to not look outside and just make sure that their isn't some great coach looking to go to a smaller school. this is certainly not a knock on Kenny D. just typical Graham. Example-- Mark Ball, Charles Hesse, Greg Enis. Two of the three hired from within. all three still suck.

Cant really disagree with any of that

grahampaw
02-18-2010, 04:29 PM
Thanks Daddy D and Z-Ro, I've been thru the Graham program, years ago albeit, I will never doubt how hard the kids work and their efforts. However, We've all seen the years with above average talent end in the first round too many times. That streak you mention is my exact point. It took a really good coach like McCoy to get us somewhere else. McCoy had a lot of average kids that bought into his system and did things his way, it worked real well. that is why I think it is a disservice to Graham to not look outside and just make sure that their isn't some great coach looking to go to a smaller school. this is certainly not a knock on Kenny D. just typical Graham. Example-- Mark Ball, Charles Hesse, Greg Enis. Two of the three hired from within. all three still suck. My gosh dont print his obituary before he hits the field.No ones saying Graham is going to win state again ,I suspect with the schedule they have that it could be a rough start.No the next QB is not Case but he is not average either,he will be a damn fine highschool QB.Remember coach Davidson has a great history as a head coach including a private school state title.when someone is allready highly qualified why waste time with the process,get the kids a coach as fast as you can.Dont burn him at the stake before your sure he is a witch.You will see pleanty of that from the Graham want to be's like Daddy Dum-dum.:D

Z-RO
02-18-2010, 05:19 PM
You know, this is waaay off topic, but I wonder how Graham would look like now if Leo Brittan wouldn't have left when he did. :thinking:

Phantom Stang
02-18-2010, 06:12 PM
You know, this is waaay off topic, but I wonder how Graham would look like now if Leo Brittan wouldn't have left when he did. :thinking:
I didn't know Leo Brittain was ever at Graham.

Z-RO
02-18-2010, 06:46 PM
Yup he was

http://www.timesrecordnews.com/news/2009/mar/15/brittain-to-enter-thsca-hall-of-honor/

Sweetwater Red
02-18-2010, 06:47 PM
I have a question about the early exits that have been mentioned. Did Graham lose
those games to a team that made a run to the 4 round or better or did they lose
to a team that get drilled in the next round?

huntingbig8
02-18-2010, 07:28 PM
Leo Brittain lleft Graham because the trustees wouldn't supply him with a school stationwagon. No BS, besides GrahamPaw, dont worry this is not about Davidson. and no, Graham rarely got beat by a quality team. Davidson will be the best AD we've had. he has a lot of experience with boys and girls, and our girls fosho need direction.

grahampaw
02-18-2010, 07:34 PM
Leo Brittain lleft Graham because the trustees wouldn't supply him with a school stationwagon. No BS, besides GrahamPaw, dont worry this is not about Davidson. and no, Graham rarely got beat by a quality team. Davidson will be the best AD we've had. he has a lot of experience with boys and girls, and our girls fosho need direction. Now that I agree with FOSHO!!!!