PDA

View Full Version : NFL Offensive question

Third
02-16-2010, 10:21 PM
Does anybody know what offense Chuck Knox ran in the NFL. I know it was run-oriented but what exact offense did he use?

Third
02-17-2010, 10:23 AM
No takers? No one wants to venture a guess? What kind of rush offenses were popular in his day?

LH_Tuff
02-17-2010, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Third
No takers? No one wants to venture a guess? What kind of rush offenses were popular in his day?

For some reason, I believe Chuck Knox was one of the first to implement the West Coast Offense.

GreenMonster
02-17-2010, 10:43 AM
I thought he ran a split back offense with Franco Harris and Rocky Blier sharing carries and The Blond Bomber Terry Bradshow throwing up Hail Mary's for Swan and Stallworth. Of course, his nickname was "Ground Chuck" so it was a run first offense.

FbCoachB40
02-17-2010, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I thought he ran a split back offense with Franco Harris and Rocky Blier sharing carries and The Blond Bomber Terry Bradshow throwing up Hail Mary's for Swan and Stallworth. Of course, his nickname was "Ground Chuck" so it was a run first offense.

Txbroadcaster
02-17-2010, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster

ur thinking of wrong Chuck..yes Knox was known as ground Chuck but he was never at Pitt

GreenMonster
02-17-2010, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
ur thinking of wrong Chuck..yes Knox was known as ground Chuck but he was never at Pitt oooooops :blush: I was thinking of Chuck Noll. Chuck Knox was the Rams and Seahawks.

bigwood33
02-17-2010, 01:43 PM
Chuck Knox became known as "Ground Chuck" because of his commitment to the run. He had 1 good back in Lawrence McCutcheon and 1 great back in Eric Dickerson. He based out of the "I" formation with a tight end, split end, and flanker. They may have gone 1 back a little bit but he was pretty committed to the 2 back set. If I were guessing, and of course I am, his run/pass mix was usually around 60/40. Lots of power toss, power sweep and iso with the fullback leading on linebackers.

http://www.search.com/reference/Chuck_Knox