PDA

View Full Version : Oil and Gas people.....

navscanmaster
02-16-2010, 08:49 PM
How are things going now? I am busier than ever now that things have started expanding again. How about ya'll?

NateDawg39
02-16-2010, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
How are things going now? I am busier than ever now that things have started expanding again. How about ya'll? I just had two drawings certified for a drilling rig. We expect to start getting fabrication around March. Here I come Alaska! :D

NateDawg39
02-16-2010, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
How are things going now? I am busier than ever now that things have started expanding again. How about ya'll? What do you do for a living in the oil and gas world?

sinfan75
02-16-2010, 09:08 PM
We been busy as hell since the start of the year.

skins4life
02-16-2010, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
We been busy as hell since the start of the year.

Same here. We're starting a 100 mile Co2 pipeline from Snyder to Knox City next week.

44INAROW
02-16-2010, 09:26 PM
unless they drill oil in my back yard, I am out of luck in the "oil business" BUT I can say this - the 'Landmen" are out in full force again in DeWitt County - ie looking up landowners etc at the county clerk's office - that is an indication they are going to start leasing and doodle-bugging again soon. ;) while that does not affect me directly, it does indirectly, in that the landmen, doddlebuggers, drillers, etc stay in the hotels, eat at the local establishments and buy stuff in the local stores - so that stimulates the economy

navscanmaster
02-16-2010, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
What do you do for a living in the oil and gas world?

Frac for Schlumberger. In March, I am taking over our main blender that I have been learning the last few weeks, and I have passed up people that have years of seniority on me, so I guess I am doing pretty good!

IHStangFan
02-16-2010, 09:46 PM
My Conoco Phillips stock is doing fairly well. :)

NateDawg39
02-16-2010, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
unless they drill oil in my back yard, I am out of luck in the "oil business" BUT I can say this - the 'Landmen" are out in full force again in DeWitt County - ie looking up landowners etc at the county clerk's office - that is an indication they are going to start leasing and doodle-bugging again soon. ;) while that does not affect me directly, it does indirectly, in that the landmen, doddlebuggers, drillers, etc stay in the hotels, eat at the local establishments and buy stuff in the local stores - so that stimulates the economy I worked on a pipeline in Zanesville, Ohio for about 4 months and the local paper stated the out of state workers brought in about $3 million dollars in things like hotel and grocery things.

Green Bling
02-17-2010, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
unless they drill oil in my back yard, I am out of luck in the "oil business" BUT I can say this - the 'Landmen" are out in full force again in DeWitt County - ie looking up landowners etc at the county clerk's office - that is an indication they are going to start leasing and doodle-bugging again soon. ;) while that does not affect me directly, it does indirectly, in that the landmen, doddlebuggers, drillers, etc stay in the hotels, eat at the local establishments and buy stuff in the local stores - so that stimulates the economy
Always good for DeWitt County when activity in the oil patch picks up!!

BLACK ATTACK
02-17-2010, 12:30 AM
I live in Argyle, but have an apartment near Pittsburgh and run an oilfield chemical company up there, and also in Arkansas. It has really picked up in those areas. The main problem we are having is finding at least half-way qualified people to go to work.

sinton3055
02-17-2010, 09:50 AM
I'm a subsea service tech working for FMC Technologies out of Houston. We have been very busy currently we have about 190 techs with about 30 apprentices. FMC is going strong baby:D .

waterboy
02-17-2010, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by sinton3055
I'm a subsea service tech working for FMC Technologies out of Houston. We have been very busy currently we have about 190 techs with about 30 apprentices. FMC is going strong baby:D .
At the prices they charge.............NO DOUBT!:D I sell oilfield/industrial parts and services.:cool: