PDA

View Full Version : Any word?

bobcat4life
02-16-2010, 08:28 PM
on where the great Brad McCoy will continue his coaching career?

NateDawg39
02-16-2010, 08:30 PM
WHEREEEE have you been!!!???:eek:

bobcat4life
02-16-2010, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
WHEREEEE have you been!!!???:eek: been busy the last week or two

the guy is one of my idols and I havent been keeping up

NateDawg39
02-16-2010, 08:39 PM
Graham High School football coach Brad McCoy resigned Tuesday morning, announcing that he has joined The Flippen Group — a company that specializes in talent development and organizational strategies for athletic programs, corporations and educators nationwide.

He will remain at Graham through the process of hiring his replacement, which he hopes will be concluded by March 1 when he begins his new job.

“Every day I come to work, I’m able to touch the lives of 135 kids at Graham High School,” McCoy said. “I’ve been blessed to be able to this for a long time.

“This new opportunity will allow me to travel across the nation and have a big influence on coaches,” he said. “I’ll be coaching coaches who can touch the lives of their own 135 kids, so this will allow me to have an impact on more lives than ever before.”

Based in College Station, the Flippen Group has outlets in 40 different states and has worked with Fortune 500 companies, NASCAR teams, the Arizona Diamondbacks and the New York Yankees.

McCoy’s role within the company will be as a traveling consultant, working with coaches on how to develop young athletes.

“It’s an incredible opportunity to do some things I’ve always wanted to do and stay in coaching,” McCoy said. “I’ll miss the Friday nights, the smell of the grass and all the things that go on during the games. And I’ll miss the relationships that are built during those trials.

“But at the same time, I feel like I’ll be able to continue those things at a higher level now,” he said. “This company is working passionately with a lot of college and professional teams, and they need someone who has done the things I’ve done to work in that part of the business.

“I’m going in as a partner with these guys, bringing my 27 years of coaching experience to work with teams all over the country.”

Formerly the coach at Jim Ned, McCoy moved to Graham in 2005, where he posted a 39-21-1 record in five seasons, including last year’s 14-2 campaign which ended with a 13-12 loss to Carthage in the Class 3A Division II title game.

His son Colt is a former University of Texas quarterback who is likely headed for the NFL. Another son, Case, quarterbacked Graham for four seasons and has just enrolled at the University of Texas, where he will join the football team for spring practice.

NateDawg39
02-16-2010, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
been busy the last week or two

the guy is one of my idols and I havent been keeping up You dont have to prove it to me....but Brad McCoy just called and wants you to meet him at the yellow slide at 8.

bobcat4life
02-16-2010, 08:42 PM
the Flippen Group

thats almost as good as the Flippin Police in Flippin, Arkansas-one of my favorite towns

sinfan75
02-16-2010, 09:06 PM
I just heard he got the head job in St. Paul. Texas that is.