PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater baseball

GetRDoneStangs
02-16-2010, 04:24 PM
The home park is getting some makeover as well. They have moved the light tower and extended the fence in left field. No more crazy outfield fence to watch for and no more "cheap" home runs to left! Need some warmer weather to get the grass going.....

Updated the press box and added heat/ac.

This follows the new restroom, concession and dressing rooms from last year.

Oh, I almost forgot the new Scoreboard!! The old one was soooo old (don't ask nobody knows how old it was!!)

I will get some pics soon.

I am ready for some baseball!!

lakers
02-16-2010, 05:02 PM
That is great, I have played many games on that field and it is great to hear that it's getting an upgrade.

Also, I have seen many hits that would have gone out, but they were hit to left center almost in a straight line with were the fence shoots out to center. Another foot to the left they would have been out instead of a double or triple.

VWG
02-16-2010, 09:46 PM
What landlocked that left field? Wasn't it a stockyard or something like that behind left field???

GetRDoneStangs
02-16-2010, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by VWG
What landlocked that left field? Wasn't it a stockyard or something like that behind left field???

Close....it is on county/city land and it butts up to part of the county coliseum property...any way they finally worked it out and now we have a larger big field park...

I think we can host some 5A or whatever A baseball games now that the short fence is no longer in effect!