PDA

View Full Version : 3A Baseball Boerne

NastySlot
02-14-2010, 12:01 PM
here's a short article about Boerne for those of you that like and follow baseball

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school_baseball/High_school_baseball_spotlight_Boerne_pitcher_Dyla n_Boss.html

SintonFan_inAustin
02-14-2010, 01:38 PM
page couldnt be found.

NastySlot
02-14-2010, 08:55 PM
sorry...

RSS | EMAIL | PRINT | SAVE Recommend 0 By Lorne Chan - Express-News Last year, Boerne Champion students had to choose which school they would attend for the 2009-10 school year. They could stay at Champion or go to Boerne High, which was reopening after undergoing renovations.

Most varsity athletes chose to stay at Champion — in every sport except baseball.

Five players who were starting for the Chargers last season, including senior pitcher Dylan Boss, returned to Boerne. And they've made the Greyhounds an immediate contender in Class 3A.

“We pretty much all decided as a group,” Boss said. “We thought we could do something special at Boerne and keep a baseball tradition going.”

Boerne won the Class 4A title in 2004, but the region has been dominated in 4A by Corpus Christi schools Moody and Calallen since.

Boss, a lefty whose fastball tops out at 88 mph, said before last season started that Boerne players were considering how the 2010 playoff bracket may look.

“We took a chance,” said Boss, who was 5-2 with a 1.38 ERA at Champion last season. “Not to say that there aren't a bunch of good teams in 3A, but we did this because our goal is to win it all.”

these guys have a good tradition and talent but region iv baseball has some great programs.....Bellville, LaGrange, Giddings, Sinton and Robstown...(no disrespect to others I left out)....and im sure they'll have a say in region championship picture.

Good Luck to all.

cr180t
02-14-2010, 08:59 PM
Who is the coach there

NastySlot
02-14-2010, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by cr180t
Who is the coach there

not sure but i will find out....Foster stayed at Champion as did his assistant.

cr180t
02-14-2010, 09:04 PM
Coach Merrill from Perryton went there just not sure which school he went to

NastySlot
02-14-2010, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by cr180t
Who is the coach there

your right it is Merrill....I read it wrong on the BHS website