?
Big Spring
at Snyder
Open
Sweetwater
at Wylie

Trashman
02-13-2010, 06:54 PM
The word I have is that The Wood will have a nine game schedule unless something pans out real soon. Seems we are having trouble finding teams that want to get rolled by The Wood.:D

cr180t
02-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Which games are home an away

Trashman
02-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by cr180t

From BrownwoodLions.com.

Predistrict game sites are still not set
0 - Gatesville
1 - Graham
2 - Stephenville
3 - Llano
4 - China Spring
5 - Still need an opponent

District
6 - Big Spring Here
7 - Snyder There
8 - Bye
9 - Sweetwater Here
10 - Wylie There

bobcat4life
02-13-2010, 11:06 PM
they go 0-9

Looking4number8
02-14-2010, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
they go 0-9

With that schedule you are probally right. We are playing some quality and classy teams. Too bad you Celina boys and your coach back down from a game with us, then at least we could have gone 1-9

Pick6
02-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
With that schedule you are probally right. We are playing some quality and classy teams. Too bad you Celina boys and your coach back down from a game with us, then at least we could have gone 1-9

:clap: :clap: :clap:

grahampaw
02-14-2010, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
From BrownwoodLions.com.

0 - Gatesville
1 - Graham
2 - Stephenville
3 - Llano
4 - China Spring

District
6 - Big Spring Here
7 - Snyder There
8 - Bye
9 - Sweetwater Here
10 - Wylie There I will say 8-1,district champs and a playoff run about the same as Grahams this year.

LE Dad
02-14-2010, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by grahampaw
I will say 8-1,district champs and a playoff run about the same as Grahams this year. 8-1...:thinking: Will that 1 be Wylie or S'ville.:confused: :confused:

:p

grahampaw
02-14-2010, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
8-1...:thinking: Will that 1 be Wylie or S'ville.:confused: :confused:

:p Stephenville in a close one.

cr180t
02-14-2010, 02:59 PM
Stephenville in a close one.

You know what the ville has coming back? Lots of starters and they played Aledo to overtime. They will be very very good. That will be a good test.

slingshot
02-14-2010, 07:32 PM
I will say 8-1,district champs and a playoff run about the same as Grahams this year. As much as it pains me to say this, you are prob right...

bird_fan
02-15-2010, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
From BrownwoodLions.com.

0 - Gatesville
1 - Graham
2 - Stephenville
3 - Llano
4 - China Spring

District
6 - Big Spring Here
7 - Snyder There
8 - Bye
9 - Sweetwater Here
10 - Wylie There

rumor has it that El Campo may have an open date because La Marque maybe backing out on their head to head match up. Maybe have the game at a nuetral site for travel purposes. it would bve interesting to see 2 team once involved in a state championship game meet again. El Campo just missed going 3 a by 8 students so there isnt that big of a difference school size

Rocket
02-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
As much as it pains me to say this, you are prob right...

:D

Daddy D 11
02-15-2010, 02:52 PM
This is no disrespect at any Brownwood folks, I like all you guys. And this isn't meant to stir stuff up but what has this group done to prove they are not just going to bite the big one again?

Last year they were up... and then they were down, big time.

Then against a WEAK Wimberley team (sorry Wimbo and Texanalum) y'all lose?

This group might have some talent sprinkled in, but they haven't proven they are winners yet? All the lofty predictions and expectation are a little much I think. Come week 7-8, we will know. Until then, in my opinion they are just a team that hasn't proven they can put it together.

I will say that Shipley's second year there should be worlds smoother for the guys so that is easy prospectus for a better year but besides that they have alot to do before they prove they won't just step on themselves come mid-october into november.

ccmom
02-15-2010, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
This is no disrespect at any Brownwood folks, I like all you guys. And this isn't meant to stir stuff up but what has this group done to prove they are not just going to bite the big one again?

This group might have some talent sprinkled in, but they haven't proven they are winners yet? All the lofty predictions and expectation are a little much I think. Come week 7-8, we will know. Until then, in my opinion they are just a team that hasn't proven they can put it together.

I will say that Shipley's second year there should be worlds smoother for the guys so that is easy prospectus for a better year but besides that they have alot to do before they prove they won't just step on themselves come mid-october into november. :1popcorn:

LE Dad
02-15-2010, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
:1popcorn: X2:D

Looking4number8
02-15-2010, 04:09 PM

I will say that Shipley's second year there should be worlds smoother for the guys so that is easy prospectus for a better year but besides that they have alot to do before they prove they won't just step on themselves come mid-october into november.

We whipped Liberty Hill last year, that sould be enough! Just messing with you D11,

Actually we have not been doing that much talking this year, however we do feel we have a shot this year. We only graduated 2 or 3 starters and only one of those was a force at his position. We have lots of varsity experience returning all with one year under Shipley. Kids that have transferred to Early but still live in Brownwood are coming home to play for Shipley. Lots of things are looking up.

Oh, also the most important thing is the boy I claim is gonna be freshman this year. that should be enough to put us over the top!http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/smileys/06581.gif

injuredinmelee
02-15-2010, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by cr180t

come on Chad just call Bob he will tell you.

Rocket
02-15-2010, 05:19 PM

Do I have to tell you what happened against Wimberley again? We flat out gave the game away. Talent wise, wasn't even close. There is also a FULL offseason this year. We didn't have that last year. We will have our starting QB as well. Alot of factors that can make this season alot different than last season. The best team didn't win the day Brownwood and Wimberley played and for good reason.

cr180t
02-15-2010, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
come on Chad just call Bob he will tell you.

lol I did. Just trying to put all the District schedules together. It is a lot harder this year to find out where everyone is playing. SOme are having to travel a lot farther. Speaks well for the district though.

Daddy D 11
02-15-2010, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Do I have to tell you what happened against Wimberley again? We flat out gave the game away. Talent wise, wasn't even close. There is also a FULL offseason this year. We didn't have that last year. We will have our starting QB as well. Alot of factors that can make this season alot different than last season. The best team didn't win the day Brownwood and Wimberley played and for good reason.

But like I said... they bit the big one Rocket.

"Flat out giving the game away" means biting the big one lol

It's hard for me to believe that when they're faced with a similar situation they won't do it again?
Trust me, you know this isn't a Brownwood bashing comment.... but in my opinion when faced against a good opponent y'all went 1-2 last year. Got spanked by Stephenville and Wylie and then won a badass game against Graham.

There's a good chance I could be wrong but I think they will bite it again come playoff time. They've shown nothing that proves otherwise...

Looking4number8
02-15-2010, 10:03 PM
We also beat Bunet and they were pretty good last year. Also in the 2nd round we went into half time down 28-14 and turned it around in the 2nd half and won by 14 or 17, cant really remember.

Rocket has a good point about Wimberly.. we did not play well. 5 turnovers really killed us. Several cant even give Wimberly the credit for hits.. we had arrant snaps, dropped balls before the hit and more. We still had chance to tie the game in the last minute or two but fumbled again while we were driving the ball... We sure did not deserve a win in that game... really really sloppy play

Daddy D 11
02-16-2010, 12:00 AM
We also beat Bunet and they were pretty good last year. Also in the 2nd round we went into half time down 28-14 and turned it around in the 2nd half and won by 14 or 17, cant really remember.

Rocket has a good point about Wimberly.. we did not play well. 5 turnovers really killed us. Several cant even give Wimberly the credit for hits.. we had arrant snaps, dropped balls before the hit and more. We still had chance to tie the game in the last minute or two but fumbled again while we were driving the ball... We sure did not deserve a win in that game... really really sloppy play

Oh trust me I know you guys were the better team but that's what I am trying to get across. You guys are going to be the better team 9 times outta 10 this year but that doesn't mean you won't bite it like you did against Wimberley. The truly elite teams don't nose dive against anyone, and if they do just a little bit... they some how find a way to win. And Brownwood hasn't proven that yet, sure as hell hope they do though because I'll be rooting for you! Always loved Shipley as a coach and I've always like all you Brownwood guys

grahampaw
02-16-2010, 12:37 AM

I will say that Shipley's second year there should be worlds smoother for the guys so that is easy prospectus for a better year but besides that they have alot to do before they prove they won't just step on themselves come mid-october into november. Genius in the making.

NateDawg39
02-16-2010, 12:39 AM

I will say that Shipley's second year there should be worlds smoother for the guys so that is easy prospectus for a better year but besides that they have alot to do before they prove they won't just step on themselves come mid-october into november. The truth hurts sometimes

LionKing
02-16-2010, 10:09 AM

I will say that Shipley's second year there should be worlds smoother for the guys so that is easy prospectus for a better year but besides that they have alot to do before they prove they won't just step on themselves come mid-october into november. Daddy DII, what's happening, as for your post, there's no proof if Brownwood will bite the big one,or if they take it all the way, if you knew the answer to all your questions, you'd be a rich fellow my man.
By the way, hopefully we'll get to meet again, our paths didn't cross in 09'.

Daddy D 11
02-16-2010, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by LionKing
Daddy DII, what's happening, as for your post, there's no proof if Brownwood will bite the big one,or if they take it all the way, if you knew the answer to all your questions, you'd be a rich fellow my man.
By the way, hopefully we'll get to meet again, our paths didn't cross in 09'.

You are right about the truth, I was just speculating off past results. But who cares.

Yeah man not alot is happening, just alot of school and studying! How's life treating you out in Brownwood?

LionKing
02-16-2010, 10:18 AM
You are right about the truth, I was just speculating off past results. But who cares.

Yeah man not alot is happening, just alot of school and studying! How's life treating you out in Brownwood? Ahh, pretty good I guess, ready for warmer weather at least, didn't know if you were still in Abilene or not, maybe we'll run into ya again at one of the games.

Daddy D 11
02-16-2010, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by LionKing
Ahh, pretty good I guess, ready for warmer weather at least, didn't know if you were still in Abilene or not, maybe we'll run into ya again at one of the games.

Nah I'm at Baylor now, no more Abilene for me lol

Rocket
02-16-2010, 03:25 PM
We were winning/getting by with a 3rd String QB/WR. It finally caught up with us against Wimberley. We also lost Longoria on the 2nd play of the game. if you haven't got to see Longoria or Shipley play, you will have to come watch. It is simply amazing.

The QB situation gets fixed this season. I can't imagine Jaxon with a Qb that can throw the ball with distance. It will be quite sick.

Brownwood will be the favorite going into the 2010 Season and we should be. We have studs everywhere on both sides of the ball.

Daddy D 11
02-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
We were winning/getting by with a 3rd String QB/WR. It finally caught up with us against Wimberley. We also lost Longoria on the 2nd play of the game. if you haven't got to see Longoria or Shipley play, you will have to come watch. It is simply amazing.

The QB situation gets fixed this season. I can't imagine Jaxon with a Qb that can throw the ball with distance. It will be quite sick.

Brownwood will be the favorite going into the 2010 Season and we should be. We have studs everywhere on both sides of the ball.

Is the starter that tore his knee up last year gonna be the starter again this year? Shoot, I'd just run the wildcat every play with either Shipley or Longoria LOL

BEAST
02-16-2010, 04:15 PM
Is the starter that tore his knee up last year gonna be the starter again this year? Shoot, I'd just run the wildcat every play with either Shipley or Longoria LOL

He didnt "tear his knee up", he fractured his knee cap. Now that its healed, hes as good as new.

BEAST

hollywood
02-16-2010, 04:47 PM
Yep, a helmet to the planted front knee in mid throwing motion... ouch! Looked really bad in slow motion. Very low blow.

He's a gamer and has great accuracy with a strong arm. Hopefully the offseason workouts will yield more size in the O-line to help protect him.

95mustang
02-16-2010, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
Yep, a helmet to the planted front knee in mid throwing motion... ouch! Looked really bad in slow motion. Very low blow.

He's a gamer and has great accuracy with a strong arm. Hopefully the offseason workouts will yield more size in the O-line to help protect him.

With the offseason workouts and a year under their belt we should seem good improvment in the o-line this year.

Looking4number8
02-16-2010, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by hollywood

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/phoca_thumb_l_img_00991.jpg

Daddy D 11
02-16-2010, 06:05 PM
http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/phoca_thumb_l_img_00991.jpg

I would have shrugged that off

Looking4number8
02-16-2010, 06:20 PM
I would have shrugged that off

But the difference is you are a Liberty Hill stud, we are jus sucky ole Brownwood people.... lol

Daddy D 11
02-16-2010, 07:43 PM
But the difference is you are a Liberty Hill stud, we are jus sucky ole Brownwood people.... lol

stud.. yep lol