PDA

View Full Version : Who can take these teams?

HotDawg89
10-27-2003, 10:18 AM
Bellville
Burnet
Gainesville
Gilmer
Kennedale
Liberty
Liberty Hill

These are the only undefeated teams left in 3A.

bd0707
10-27-2003, 10:34 AM
Bellville will not lose until they face Kennedale in the div.2 state championship game. Gilmer will stay undefeated until they meet Kennedale in the Div.2 state semi-final.Liberty will fall to LaGrange in their Div.2 area round. Liberty Hill will hang in there for one more week. Burnet will go 15-0 and Kennedale will go 16-0

PPHSfan
10-27-2003, 10:36 AM
Forney :p

reptard7isCRAZY
10-27-2003, 10:37 AM
Can't look that far ahead bud...I have to say watching the Bellville Kennedale game would be nice...

crzyjournalist03
10-27-2003, 11:05 AM
PPHSfan:
Forney :p have you made it to any Forney games this year?

Chief Woodman
10-27-2003, 11:32 AM
bd0707:
Bellville will not lose until they face Kennedale in the div.2 state championship game. Gilmer will stay undefeated until they meet Kennedale in the Div.2 state semi-final.Liberty will fall to LaGrange in their Div.2 area round. Liberty Hill will hang in there for one more week. Burnet will go 15-0 and Kennedale will go 16-0As of right now Bellville is headed for Div 1, not Div 2. So that means they will probably have to go through Burnet to get to the championship game. Don't count on Kennedale getting to the semi-final all though they certainly are the favorite to do that. They just seem to find a way to self destruct every year in the playoffs. Libery Hill is in district with Burnet. They should lose before the playoffs even get here.
Although both Burnet and Kennedale are very good, the odds of having two undefeated State champs are very remote. Only 1 team in all of Texas HS football was undefeated last year, and that was Southlake Carroll. The odds of having two from class 3A alone...not good, but possible.

jason
10-27-2003, 11:34 AM
bd0707:
Bellville will not lose until they face Kennedale in the div.2 state championship game. Gilmer will stay undefeated until they meet Kennedale in the Div.2 state semi-final.Liberty will fall to LaGrange in their Div.2 area round. Liberty Hill will hang in there for one more week. Burnet will go 15-0 and Kennedale will go 16-0burnet will go 14-1...forney will also be 14-1(but they'll have a ring when it's all said and done)

big3afan
10-27-2003, 11:39 AM
Who can take these teams out?
Well I believe there are only two of the above teams listed that will go to div. 1 bracket.

I will say that within d-1
1. Jasper could have a chance to beat those folks
2. Forney could have a chance.
3. And although Everman has struggled early that they have the best chance to ruturn to the Semi-finals at least and play the winner of the forney vs. Gainsville game. It will be a toss up at that point.

I find it interesting that everyone seems to have forgot about Everman and their history of getting better as the season progresses. The last three years they just seem to get stronger and stronger as the season goes on into the playoffs.

I bet they are happy to be the hunters instead of the hunted. I am pulling for Forney but have seen too much of Everman the past couple of years
to count them out.

Just my thoughts.

jason
10-27-2003, 11:44 AM
big3afan:
Well I believe there are only two of the above teams listed that will go to div. 1 bracket.

3. And although Everman has struggled early that they have the best chance to ruturn to the Semi-finals at least and play the winner of the forney vs. Gainsville game. It will be a toss up at that point.

I find it interesting that everyone seems to have forgot about Everman and their history of getting better as the season progresses. The last three years they just seem to get stronger and stronger as the season goes on into the playoffs.

I bet they are happy to be the hunters instead of the hunted. I am pulling for Forney but have seen too much of Everman the past couple of years
to count them out.

Just my thoughts.they're not getting better...ask matthew....

HotDawg89
10-27-2003, 12:36 PM
big3afan:

3. And although Everman has struggled early that they have the best chance to return to the Semi-finals at least and play the winner of the Forney vs. Gainsville game. It will be a toss up at that point.

to count them out.

Just my thoughts.Well, I remember Everman, and fondly too I might add. But I don't think anyone is counting them out at this point.

I know what my thoughts are as far as who could bring these teams down, but I want to know what everyone else think too!

bhratbrat
10-27-2003, 12:53 PM
I want to say...Liberty is a great football team...But the thing is..when they face Huffman its going to be a tight game with Huffman being the #1 Offense in 22-3A! I expect that to be mainly the District Championship and if Huffman WINS...HUFFMAN becomes the champ..I know most say Liberty will beat Huffman...but im going to disagree...Itll be tight...Itll be an OT game...but Huffman pulls it out

shellman54
10-27-2003, 01:05 PM
bhratbrat:
I want to say...Liberty is a great football team...But the thing is..when they face Huffman its going to be a tight game with Huffman being the #1 Offense in 22-3A! I expect that to be mainly the District Championship and if Huffman WINS...HUFFMAN becomes the champ..I know most say Liberty will beat Huffman...but im going to disagree...Itll be tight...Itll be an OT game...but Huffman pulls it outnot necessarily. if huffman beats liberty by more than 8 points, then its barbers hill who will be district champ. if huffman beats liberty by less than 8 points, liberty still wins district.

reptard7isCRAZY
10-27-2003, 01:10 PM
Ummm...Woodman, it's not very likely Bellville will go DI.