PDA

View Full Version : Sealy Tigers Boys Basketball

957tiger
02-13-2010, 12:07 AM
The Tigers won again tonight. Beating Giddings and looking at a possible 10-0 district run. Will face Columbus on Tuesday and enjoy a first round bye in the playoffs.

SHSBulldog00
02-13-2010, 06:32 AM
How is the rest of district 25 shaking out?

D26

Sweeny and Stafford are tied for 1st. Needville is 3rd.

TRENCHES06
02-13-2010, 09:12 AM
La Grange locked up second place last night by whipping Bellville

maestro
02-13-2010, 10:31 AM
hearing tales of an outstanding sealy tiger frosh player playing on varsity. tell me more.

hookandladder
02-13-2010, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by maestro
hearing tales of an outstanding sealy tiger frosh player playing on varsity. tell me more.

Big,strong,quick,fast and pretty much score at will, need anymore. My only question is he a 15 yr. old freshmen or was he held back, very mature for a 15 yr. old.

sTxforlife
02-13-2010, 12:01 PM
He is in the grade that he is supposed to be in but he is still 14.

zebrablue2
02-13-2010, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by 957tiger
The Tigers won again tonight. Beating Giddings and looking at a possible 10-0 district run. Will face Columbus on Tuesday and enjoy a first round bye in the playoffs.

congrats to the tigers! really got it going on in sealy.. best of luck in the playoffs...

hookandladder
02-13-2010, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by sTxforlife
He is in the grade that he is supposed to be in but he is still 14.

That is amazing, he is really special. I know he plays football also but what sport do you think he will play at the next level, I know it is early in his career but he must love one more then the other.

XMan
02-13-2010, 08:53 PM
TJ wouldnt stand for all this winning in basketball! In fact, Valastro wouldnt like the Leps getting 2nd either. lol

sTxforlife
02-14-2010, 01:55 AM
I don't know what sport he wants to focus on more as far as i can see he has the same passion for both hopefully he can continue to do so

maestro
02-14-2010, 09:17 PM
so will sealy match up with sweeny or needville first round???

sports mom
02-15-2010, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by sTxforlife
I don't know what sport he wants to focus on more as far as i can see he has the same passion for both hopefully he can continue to do so

He has played AAU basketball since a very young age according to his grandmother and from what I am hearing, basketball will be his route. He just turned 15 about a month ago. He is the real deal when it comes to basketball. Good kid, good athlete, hope coaches work to get him a scholarship when the time comes.

I am so glad someone finally started a thread for the Sealy basketball boys. They are a great group of athletes with a great coach that puts 110% into his boys. ;)

Looking at the bracket and checking wins/losses, Sealy will have a BYE the 1st round and should match-up with either Gonzales or LaVernia.

Johnny Utah
02-15-2010, 10:11 AM
If he does play that much AAU the college coaches will know who he is. HS coaches can only do so much. Congrats to Sealy and to the AD Coach Mitchell for having an overall program. Great to hear and see. Go Tigers!!

hookandladder
02-15-2010, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
If he does play that much AAU the college coaches will know who he is. HS coaches can only do so much. Congrats to Sealy and to the AD Coach Mitchell for having an overall program. Great to hear and see. Go Tigers!!

You are right, if he plays AAU summer ball there is no doubt in my mind this kid has a very bright future. My son has played against him, he is very, very mature on the court and carries himself very well. The college coaches will be all over him by the end of summer, good luck to him and glad he will not be in our Distrist for the next 2 years.

FbCoachB40
02-15-2010, 11:32 AM
Coaches do not get athletes scholarships...Athletes and Grades are what get scholarships. I see all the time parents complaining and saying, "I cannot believe that this is the best school that YOU (coach) can get him into...Coaches have nothing to do with it.

If you are that good...college coaches will find you. Even if you are playing at Sabine Pass.

TRENCHES06
02-15-2010, 12:53 PM
About the only thing(s) HS coaches can do is help you make a highlight film and give his honest opinion about the athlete. Even the opinion part doesn't matter much.

For football, highlight films are everything.

sports mom
02-15-2010, 12:53 PM
Coaches do not get athletes scholarships...Athletes and Grades are what get scholarships. I see all the time parents complaining and saying, "I cannot believe that this is the best school that YOU (coach) can get him into...Coaches have nothing to do with it.

If you are that good...college coaches will find you. Even if you are playing at Sabine Pass. [/B][/QUOTE]

I understand coaches do not get athletes scholarships, but they can play a small role. Even if it's just introducing an athlete to a visiting college scout. :)

FbCoachB40
02-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
highlight films are everything.

Actually, short highlight tapes are nice; however, college coaches would much rather have a complete game film...to see both strengths and weaknesses

Johnny Utah
02-15-2010, 01:53 PM
In basketball it is all about playing year round unfortunately. AAU is one way and the hs coach really has no role in that. If a kid is a D1-D2-D3 player, the college coaches know where they are regardless of what the hs coach does, trust me.

FbCoachB40
02-15-2010, 02:47 PM
Thank you, JU

Tiger Turtle
02-15-2010, 03:21 PM
HS coaches don't get kids scholarships, but most of them try to motivate the deserving ones to keep their nose clean and make their grades, because it's grades that keep a lot of athletically deserving kids from accepting a scholarship if it is offered.

hookandladder
02-16-2010, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40

Agree totally, also if a high school coach is going to recommend a player to a certain college the coach must feel the player is capable playing at that level. If a coach recommends a player that is not on the college level, then this will tarnish the coaches reputation. Bottom line the high school coaches can prepare the kids as much as possible in high school, after that it is up to the kid and his parents to find a place where he or she fit's in.

SHSBulldog00
02-16-2010, 01:06 PM
Who plays who tonight to finish district?

Red Bull
02-16-2010, 01:13 PM
Sealy and LaGrange have locked up first two playoff spots. Bellville and Giddings play tonight in Bellville for 3rd and final spot. If Bellville wins, then they get 3rd spot. If Giddings wins, then there will be playoff game on Friday for 3rd spot.

957tiger
02-16-2010, 04:43 PM
Tonights regular season final against Columbus will be broadcast live at www.sealysports.com. begining at 7:15. We are hoping to broadcast as many Tiger Basketball playoff games as we can. Check out the Tiger broadcast schedule on our web page for games and times.