PDA

View Full Version : Sinton Pirate Stadium Gets Make Over

maroonpirate04
02-12-2010, 03:14 PM
Finally Pirate Stadium is getting a Extreme Make Over:D:clap: :clap: Today as i came back from Corpus passed by the campus and they started ripping stands on the home side apart. They are planning to expand the seating, and other upgrades in the stadium. Pirate Stadium turns 30 in 2010. Can't wait to see how it's gonna look when football season comes around.

Phil C
02-12-2010, 03:28 PM
They are also improving the softball facilities. I don't see how they can have them ready by March when district starts. This may be the year that we don't have any softball home games at Sinton. :(

OnceABucJr
02-12-2010, 04:06 PM
You noticed they are touching Coach K's field until after the season is over!

DDBooger
02-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Any plans for turf?

We'll be seeing you suckas in a few weeks for opening day (baseball). :D

maroonpirate04
02-12-2010, 04:16 PM
They should've started on the baseball and softball fields in November or October could've been done by now, Pirate Stadium should be done by Graduation.

MUSTANG69
02-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by maroonpirate04
Finally Pirate Stadium is getting a Extreme Make Over:D:clap: :clap: Today as i came back from Corpus passed by the campus and they started ripping stands on the home side apart. They are planning to expand the seating, and other upgrades in the stadium. Pirate Stadium turns 30 in 2010. Can't wait to see how it's gonna look when football season comes around. :

Ingleside replaced their old concrete bleachers(built in the 1950's ) a few years ago. What a blessing. I'm sure Sinton fans will be thrilled with their makeover.:clap:

Green Bling
02-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Are they also improving the visitors side?

PhiI C
02-13-2010, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Green Bling
Are they also improving the visitors side?

I think so Green. I don't know if they are adding more sections but I think they are going to add a press box on the visitors' side for their coaches.

3afan
02-13-2010, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
They are also improving the softball facilities. I don't see how they can have them ready by March when district starts. This may be the year that we don't have any softball home games at Sinton. :(

nice timing !!!

SintonPirateFan
02-13-2010, 08:16 AM
cant wait to see how it all looks.

our baseball FIELD has always been top notch....ready for the stands to catch up.

Green Bling
02-13-2010, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
I think so Green. I don't know if they are adding more sections but I think they are going to add a press box on the visitors' side for their coaches.
Oh, that will be nice for our broadcasters, too. Now all we need to do is get on the schedule together!:D :D

maroonpirate04
02-13-2010, 02:30 PM
Once all 3 fields are done, Superintendent Steve VanMatre is hoping it would attract more playoff games to be played here in football, baseball and softball. The good thing is that there is no need for turf our grass is always well maintained. I think they need to also expand the parking lot.

sinton66
02-13-2010, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by maroonpirate04
I think they need to also expand the parking lot.

They have the room. That field at the west end of the stadium could nearly double the parking availability.

SintonFan_inAustin
02-14-2010, 01:39 PM
kind like the parking for Sinton, its easy to get out as long as you dont park in the parking lot :)

SintonFan_inAustin
02-14-2010, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger

We'll be seeing you suckas in a few weeks for opening day (baseball). :D This is the year Sinton beats them! :)

last couple of years low scoring and with very few hits between them.

PhiI C
02-14-2010, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
kind like the parking for Sinton, its easy to get out as long as you dont park in the parking lot :)

:D :clap:

I'm glad I only live about 5 blocks from the stadium. :)

sinfan75
02-14-2010, 09:02 PM
So what's gonna be the sittin capacity when they get through. We need to get Texas Bob set right on that stuff. He's been about 2000 seats off for a few years.:D

playnhurt
02-15-2010, 04:35 PM
Van Matre isn't about to let Jerry Jones outdo the Pirates. Too much Mountaineer PRIDE.

"Build it and they will come!"

maroonpirate04
02-16-2010, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
So what's gonna be the sittin capacity when they get through. We need to get Texas Bob set right on that stuff. He's been about 2000 seats off for a few years.:D

don't know but once it's done i'm planning to take a pic to be posted so they can delete the one i sent them:D also gotta post some on my webiste

maroonpirate04
02-16-2010, 12:28 PM
Also they started on the visitor side now it now both sides look a skeleton:D