PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Skyline snow ball fight?

NastySlot
02-12-2010, 01:52 PM
hey you guys in dallas had friend call me from and ask if I had seen this snowball fight that got crazy said in was on the news.....he told me it turned into a riot..........true story or what?

NastySlot
02-12-2010, 01:58 PM
found something.....
http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Student-injured-in-fight-at-Dallas-Skyline-HS-84136067.html

NateDawg39
02-12-2010, 02:08 PM
darn kids!!! Back in my day we would have been standing in perfect formation waiting for orders on going to class or going home! We would not have done something so crazy!:mad:

:D :D

Phantom Stang
02-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
darn kids!!! Back in my day we would have been standing in perfect formation waiting for orders on going to class or going home! We would not have done something so crazy!:mad:

:D :D
You and I must be the same age!:eek:
Who'da thunk it.:D

NateDawg39
02-12-2010, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
You and I must be the same age!:eek:
Who'da thunk it.:D Ahh so your 23 as well? :D

NastySlot
02-12-2010, 02:21 PM
in my day........we lived by fear the board.

NateDawg39
02-12-2010, 02:26 PM
If any athletes ever did anything wrong like not doing homework, acting up in class, or not showing up on time to class, the coaches would be notified and all those who had their names written down would have to do lots of extra workouts after normal practice. One week I did not do my Government paper I was assigned for the week and had to do 100 yards of Bear Crawls and 100 yards of up-downs and then 50 diamond push ups

Txbroadcaster
02-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
in my day........we lived by fear the board.

lets not pretend that whether in 1900, 1960,1990 or now if you leave hundreds of KIDS unattended outside with stuff to throw something bad wont happen..especially when you factor in any past beefs or grudges between students.

Phantom Stang
02-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Ahh so your 23 as well? :D
Yep, I've been 23 for more than 23 years.;)

NastySlot
02-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
lets not pretend that whether in 1900, 1960,1990 or now if you leave hundreds of KIDS unattended outside with stuff to throw something bad wont happen..especially when you factor in any past beefs or grudges between students.

if you left them unattended? these kids i think flat out walked out of class.

not pretending.........I've taught long enough that I have seen a lot..........you really want to see kids act like fools get a bus route.

NastySlot
02-12-2010, 02:48 PM
If any athletes ever did anything wrong like not doing homework, acting up in class, or not showing up on time to class, the coaches would be notified and all those who had their names written down would have to do lots of extra workouts after normal practice. One week I did not do my Government paper I was assigned for the week and had to do 100 yards of Bear Crawls and 100 yards of up-downs and then 50 diamond push ups

my first year of coaching.......when report cards came out...football players got 2 swats for failing...1 for an N on conduct and 2 for a U on conduct........lined up all the guilty and they picked the coach to swat them.......my first year and young so guess who got picked ....................hated it...worried if I would make it a second year.......other thing.......used to let players box in off season........man i worried about that also...old coach just said we aren't making them box were letting them if they want.

times have changed a lot.

Txbroadcaster
02-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
if you left them unattended? these kids i think flat out walked out of class.

not pretending.........I've taught long enough that I have seen a lot..........you really want to see kids act like fools get a bus route.

unattended because not all school employees showed up to work..or any of them go OUTSIDE to either watch the students or bring them back in.

BullsFan
02-12-2010, 03:43 PM
Call me crazy, but I do not believe that when I was in school, if we had been left outside unattended that actual fist fights would have been the results. Not on that scale, certainly. For that matter, I'm not certain that would have been the result if BHS kids were left outside yesterday.

Fortunately my district had the sense to call school off completely. DISD seems to have made a bad decision to begin with, and then stuck to that decision in the face of all evidence pointing to it being a bad decision. And making kids and staffers stay all day while sending central admin staff home early? Seriously bad decision.

NateDawg39
02-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
Call me crazy, but I do not believe that when I was in school, if we had been left outside unattended that actual fist fights would have been the results. Not on that scale, certainly. For that matter, I'm not certain that would have been the result if BHS kids were left outside yesterday.

Fortunately my district had the sense to call school off completely. DISD seems to have made a bad decision to begin with, and then stuck to that decision in the face of all evidence pointing to it being a bad decision. And making kids and staffers stay all day while sending central admin staff home early? Seriously bad decision. It seems they have made a lot of bad decisions over the years that give them a bad rep.

Matthew328
02-12-2010, 03:48 PM
It would happen at a lot of places, remember Skyline is a HUGE school with over 5000 kids enrolled its not a small town school where everyone knows everyone etc. The kids were pretty much left unattended since there wasn't enough staff to maintain order. Those few hundred kids left unattended is still a very small # of students at the school.

BullsFan
02-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
It would happen at a lot of places, remember Skyline is a HUGE school with over 5000 kids enrolled its not a small town school where everyone knows everyone etc. The kids were pretty much left unattended since there wasn't enough staff to maintain order. Those few hundred kids left unattended is still a very small # of students at the school.

I still think it was just a very unfortunate string of events. And if I was a staffer there, I would absolutely not have gone out there and tried to get in the middle of things. At least not without a whole lot of other adults with me. And if there were that many adults not there that day, there probably weren't enough adults to go outside and gather kids up without leaving all the other kids unattended in the building. They should have sent everyone home when it became obvious how things were going to go.

Matthew328
02-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Agreed but I think its comparing apples to oranges when people say "This would never happen at my school" blah bah.

Comparing a 3A school in Wise County to Dallas Skyline is not a fair comparison simply due to numbers and environmental factors.

Now a fair comparison could be lets put a couple of hundred Bridgeport kids outside with a couple of hundred Decatur kids and leave them unsupervised with a foot of snow and see what happens.

NateDawg39
02-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Agreed but I think its comparing apples to oranges when people say "This would never happen at my school" blah bah.

Comparing a 3A school in Wise County to Dallas Skyline is not a fair comparison simply due to numbers and environmental factors.

Now a fair comparison could be lets put a couple of hundred Bridgeport kids outside with a couple of hundred Decatur kids and leave them unsupervised with a foot of snow and see what happens. They would all get along and sing songs about happiness and love :D

But as soon as one of those Sissies breaks out of key then thats when we punch him or her in the face! :mad: :mad: :mad:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-12-2010, 04:07 PM
They would all get along and sing songs about happiness and love :D

But as soon as one of those Sissies breaks out of key then thats when we punch him or her in the face! :mad: :mad: :mad:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01517/babyCry_1517668c.jpg

NateDawg39
02-12-2010, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01517/babyCry_1517668c.jpg wow you are the most usless person :hand:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-12-2010, 04:11 PM
wow you are the most usless person :hand:

http://i.peperonity.com/c/251218/594759/ssc3/home/003/welcome772/baby_crying.gif_320_320_256_9223372036854775000_0_ 1_0.gif

NateDawg39
02-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Also, I am a little worried about you BBDE. Why do you have so many pictures of babies?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-12-2010, 04:13 PM
Also, I am a little worried about you BBDE. Why do you have so many pictures of babies?

http://bizbox.slate.com/blog/google.jpg

http://www.childinjurylawyerblog.com/BabyCrying.jpg

Txbroadcaster
02-12-2010, 04:14 PM
http://i.peperonity.com/c/251218/594759/ssc3/home/003/welcome772/baby_crying.gif_320_320_256_9223372036854775000_0_ 1_0.gif

that one made me lol

jason
02-12-2010, 04:14 PM

Now a fair comparison could be lets put a couple of hundred Bridgeport kids outside with a couple of hundred Decatur kids and leave them unsupervised with a foot of snow and see what happens.

the kids in wise county would just pee their names in the snow and then be like 'look maw, i can spell'......

:D

NateDawg39
02-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by jason
the kids in wise county would just write their names in the snow and then be like 'look maw, i can spell my name'......

:D Maybe they will teach you one day if your lucky :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-12-2010, 04:17 PM
Maybe they will teach you one day if your lucky :D

http://i.ehow.com/images/a04/9c/i0/cope-crying-baby-200X200.jpg

Txbroadcaster
02-12-2010, 05:51 PM
http://i.ehow.com/images/a04/9c/i0/cope-crying-baby-200X200.jpg

racist

BullsFan
02-13-2010, 01:31 AM

I don't disagree that it's not a good comparison, and that is just one of the reasons I don't live or teach in Dallas. I just hope DISD learns from its mistakes.

PhiI C
02-13-2010, 03:33 AM
The thing is that snow like that doesn't happen very often and everyone should be able to stay home and enjoy it. School should have been canceled for that reason. Plus the safety issue. Also cold weather helps cause flu. Don't they know we are in a swine flu epidemic?

:mad:

bandera7
02-13-2010, 01:05 PM
I know in Bandera, we likely would have had one or two fights. Sure there are advantages to everybody knowing each other, but disadvantages to. Because then you have the kids that go straight for each other when supervision is off. Depending on who was in the fights...you may have seen some brawling. But just like was said, it is a rough comparison to make on just a volume standpoint.

Additup
02-13-2010, 03:36 PM
I love that the reporter decided he'd go break it up and then got pelted by the young 'uns...go step into some of that stupid big man!

kaorder1999
02-13-2010, 03:44 PM
I think its hilarious that they started throwing at him. Brett Shipp is VERY well known for finding any and everything he can in order to make Dallas ISD look bad. He CONSTANTLY digs and digs. FUnny thing is, his wife teaches in Dallas ISD. haha