PDA

View Full Version : Matt328 (and other tarrant county boys)

charlesrixey
02-12-2010, 01:11 PM
I am planning on getting out of the Marine Corps in spring 2012 and going to UNT for my M.A. before becoming a teacher in 2014.

I am looking to buy a house next fall (2011) in the north FW-Denton I-35 W corridor (anywhere from Lake Worth, to Saginaw, Keller and up to Argyle or so)

Having been a Collin County/North Dallas County resident most of my life, i don't know alot about the area (other than football) and curious about your thoughts on where the good places to live are for a 30-year old w/3 school age children

NateDawg39
02-12-2010, 01:14 PM
Argyle I hear is growing at a good pace and should have lots of homes

BullsFan
02-12-2010, 03:32 PM
I taught in Keller for several years before moving back to Bridgeport. It was, at that time, a great place to live. If you live in Keller proper, you get the small-town community type area with all the amenities of the Metroplex close by.

Matthew328
02-12-2010, 04:26 PM
I'd recommend Northwest ISD because most of it is in Denton County so you get the cheaper property taxes.......Argyle is excellent also....IMO Denton's a pretty good place to live also...

BullsFan
02-13-2010, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I'd recommend Northwest ISD because most of it is in Denton County so you get the cheaper property taxes.......Argyle is excellent also....IMO Denton's a pretty good place to live also...

The only thing about Northwest is that, depending on where you live, any kind of event at the TMS means you can't leave your house. I second the rec for Denton, though. I love Denton!

charlesrixey
02-14-2010, 08:17 PM
thanks!

i didn't know denton had lower property taxes-good info.

i haven't really trayed far from the main roads in denton, but i will be taking a trip at some point to drive around all of it and get a feel for the area. I've driven through all of the cities at some point, but never looked at it as a place to live before (you know, really look around)

skins4life
02-14-2010, 10:13 PM
My son lives in the NWISD and was telling me Ponder might be a pretty good place to live. It's only about 10 miles west of Denton but is a 2A school.

Keith7
02-14-2010, 11:21 PM
Denton is an awesome place to live. I miss it all the time

NateDawg39
02-14-2010, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Denton is an awesome place to live. I miss it all the time Yeah I only lived there for about 8 months but it was a blast. Plenty to do on weekends.

Ranger Mom
02-15-2010, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by skins4life
My son lives in the NWISD and was telling me Ponder might be a pretty good place to live. It's only about 10 miles west of Denton but is a 2A school.

My little brother and his wife moved to Ponder about a year ago, and my niece, her husband and their baby just moved there a couple of month ago. They really like it.

skins4life
02-15-2010, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
My little brother and his wife moved to Ponder about a year ago, and my niece, her husband and their baby just moved there a couple of month ago. They really like it.

That's cool. I may have to start looking at some place in that area to get "Grammie" closer to the grandkids.

charlesrixey
02-16-2010, 04:50 PM
Ponder sounds interesting, and probably cheaper than many of the nearby towns