PDA

View Full Version : Why in the heck.....

Ranger Mom
02-12-2010, 09:42 AM
do some people set their alarm clocks 8 minutes ahead (my husband) or 30 minutes ahead (my brother) so they can get some extra "snooze" time??

Why not just set your alarm 8 or 30 minutes earlier than you actually wanna get up??

It annoys me to look at my husband's clock and have to deduct 8 minutes to get the actual time.

Trashman
02-12-2010, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
do some people set their alarm clocks 8 minutes ahead (my husband) or 30 minutes ahead (my brother) so they can get some extra "snooze" time??

Why not just set your alarm 8 or 30 minutes earlier than you actually wanna get up??

It annoys me to look at my husband's clock and have to deduct 8 minutes to get the actual time.

I hear you! My wife does that with the clock in the dash of her van. Drives me up a wall. She says that it is so she can get to work on time. :mad: :mad: :mad:

NateDawg39
02-12-2010, 09:48 AM
I set my alarm for 5:30 but I am so used to the time I hit the button and go back to sleep and usually wake up around 6...However, Monday I did that and woke up about 9:15 and just a little late for work :D

Lucky for me my boss spent the weekend in New Orleans so he didn't get back until Tuesday.

LE Dad
02-12-2010, 09:49 AM

It annoys me to look at my husband's clock and have to deduct 8 minutes to get the actual time. My last ex wife did that!! It wasn't just that though. She would set her alarm early and then hit the snooze 2-3 times.:mad:

Put the right time on the clock set the alarm for when you are supposed to be up and get up...simple. huh. :D

Ranger Mom
02-12-2010, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
I hear you! My wife does that with the clock in the dash of her van. Drives me up a wall. She says that it is so she can get to work on time. :mad: :mad: :mad:

That is what I have never understood....they have to KNOW what the actual time is!!

I like to hit the snooze myself! I don't have to be up til 7:00, but my alarm is set for 6:30! I don't see the need to set my clock 30 minutes ahead. I would still know what time it was!!:doh:

Ranger Mom
02-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
My last ex wife did that!! It wasn't just that though. She would set her alarm early and then hit the snooze 2-3 times.:mad:

Put the right time on the clock set the alarm for when you are supposed to be up and get up...simple. huh. :D

Nooooo!!! I love my snooze time!! But, my husband is already long gone by the time I get up, so he never hears the snooze anyway.

Plus, I have a progressive snooze, so it never gets past the "whisper tone" before I shut it down.

Green Bling
02-12-2010, 10:02 AM
Everyone has a different early morning metabolism. All the women in my family are slow starters in the a.m. We NEED our snooze buttons, but we gather steam as the day goes on. Unfortunately, Mother Nature with her sick sense of humor has paired us with men who "ping" awake and hit the floor running in the morning. Isn't life grand?!:D :D

Trashman
02-12-2010, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
She would set her alarm early and then hit the snooze 2-3 times.:mad:

My wife does that as well... she sets the alarm for 6:00 and hits the snooze till 6:30! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

LE Dad
02-12-2010, 10:04 AM
Nooooo!!! I love my snooze time!! But, my husband is already long gone by the time I get up, so he never hears the snooze anyway.

Plus, I have a progressive snooze, so it never gets past the "whisper tone" before I shut it down. Oh this is a progressive also. It progressively got more and more annoying. The funny part is she would keep hitting it oversleep and the get all :mad: . Those were some loooong mornings.:doh:

LE Dad
02-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
My wife does that as well... she sets the alarm for 6:00 and hits the snooze till 6:30! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I know your pain. I was told "that is the only way I can get to work on time".:doh: Of course, I had to perform large equations or I would show up early or late. :D

People are so quirky and oh I have my own... Geez I am glad she doesn't know about this site.:D

goosealaniz
02-12-2010, 10:14 AM
i set my clock 10 min ahead...

my clock on the wall use to be an hour and ten min ahead... but then it broke.

GreenMonster
02-12-2010, 01:01 PM
My wife leaves before I get up on the days she works yet somehow it's my fault that I didn't wake her up if she hits the snooze too many times. As if I'm awake to help her out, sheesh...must be a woman thing.

Emerson1
02-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Mine is 10 minutes ahead.

It started because I know I had to get up at 8. So in the morning you are so groggy you see that it's 8 and you get up, when really you have 10 minutes to spare.

Now I know it's 10 minutes ahead, so I can't change it back or I will be 10 minutes late somewhere thinking I had 10 extra minutes.

MUSTANG69
02-12-2010, 04:40 PM
All the clocks in our house are set at the right time except one. My wife sets the clock on the coffee pot 15 minutes ahead. She then sets the auto timer for the coffe pot at 5:30 AM (5:15 AM in real time) so the coffee will be ready when we get up at 5:30. I asked her why she just didn't set the clock at real time and set the auto timer to 5:15 AM. She told me that wouldn't work. She said the coffee wouldn't be ready when we got up. I'm not going to make a comment about her hair color but?
:confused:

jason
02-12-2010, 04:42 PM
all of mine are right except the oven only because i cant figure out how to change it - when daylight savings changes back it will be right again...

Txbroadcaster
02-12-2010, 04:48 PM
for some it is simply a mental thing..they need that cushion of time because they are always basically RIGHT on the cusp of being late..also some enjoy the idea of waking up thinking it is 7 but actually it is 6:30 and they get that 30 min snooze buffer.

crzyjournalist03
02-12-2010, 04:53 PM
I've never understood the snooze button...why bother to have to wake up and hit the alarm when you could just sleep through it and get up when you know that you have to?

Farmersfan
02-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Geez people! If you have that much trouble waking up in the morning then try going to bed a little earlier. Just kidding!!!!

My wife sets the alarm to wake to music and she jumps out of bed singing whatever song happens to be playing. It's the most annoying thing ever! And she expects POINTS for it because she claims she is serenading me in the mornings...... Can you believe the nerve of the woman????? :doh:

Trashman
02-12-2010, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Geez people! If you have that much trouble waking up in the morning then try going to bed a little earlier. Just kidding!!!!

My wife sets the alarm to wake to music and she jumps out of bed singing whatever song happens to be playing. It's the most annoying thing ever! And she expects POINTS for it because she claims she is serenading me in the mornings...... Can you believe the nerve of the woman????? :doh:

I like her already...You should too...:D

poisoned10
02-15-2010, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I've never understood the snooze button...why bother to have to wake up and hit the alarm when you could just sleep through it and get up when you know that you have to?

I'm the same way. I just don't understand it.

My wife has to wake up around 5:15 or 5:30 but will set her alarm for 3:30 or 4. Luckily I have got used to it and sleep through it now. That used to not be the case though.

waterboy
02-15-2010, 10:57 AM
I always set my alarm clock for 5:15 AM, hit the snooze once before I get up, and I'm still up before 5:15 AM!:D Figure that one out......;)