PDA

View Full Version : I propose a new rule

crzyjournalist03
02-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Here's a new rule that I would like to propose for the DownLow:

People who start threads intentionally knowing that the thread will get closed due to the nature of their post should be benched for a minimum of one week.

Likewise, if a poster contributes to a thread's closing by adding inflammatory remarks to a thread that previously acceptable also gets a minimum one week ban.

Who's with me?

TheDOCTORdre
02-11-2010, 03:32 PM
not me...and i was here in case this thread gets closed

Farmersfan
02-11-2010, 03:37 PM
I purpose that anyone who doesn't agree with me should get a minimum one week ban!

That'll teach 'em!

Sweetwater Red
02-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

People who start threads intentionally knowing that the thread will get closed due to the nature of their post should be benched for a minimum of one week.

Likewise, if a poster contributes to a thread's closing by adding inflammatory remarks to a thread that previously acceptable also gets a minimum one week ban.

Who's with me?

I get what you are saying. But, would you rather they start
threads about how bad the Red Wings are Stars are stinking it
up right now compared to where they both were just a few
years ago?:thinking:

crzyjournalist03
02-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I get what you are saying. But, would you rather they start
threads about how bad the Red Wings are Stars are stinking it
up right now compared to where they both were just a few
years ago?:thinking:

This is a sports forum...I would prefer to talks sports in it. If I wanted to talk about controversial issues, politics, or human interest groups, I would go to a board that discusses those matters.

By the way, all I know is that the Sharks are shaking in their boots...if Dallas or Detroit ends up as the 8 seed, San Jose knows they're in for another first-round choke job.

Phantom Stang
02-11-2010, 03:48 PM

Who's with me?
Count me out.

Does seeing other people have fun chap your arse that bad?

TheDOCTORdre
02-11-2010, 03:49 PM
if you wanna discuss sports then dont waste time making up new rules for the board and make a thread about sports

Sweetwater Red
02-11-2010, 03:50 PM

By the way, all I know is that the Sharks are shaking in their boots...if Dallas or Detroit ends up as the 8 seed, San Jose knows they're in for another first-round choke job.

Hahaha right? :D

Phil C
02-11-2010, 03:54 PM
The thing is to always try to BE POLITICALLY CORRECT!!

:mad:

bobcat4life
02-11-2010, 03:58 PM
I do not agree to the nature of this thread, and think that it should be closed.

Anyone who bad mouths another poster or his posts/topics should get a minimum 2 week suspension

Eagle Eyes
02-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
if you wanna discuss sports then dont waste time making up new rules for the board and make a thread about sports

:clap: :clap: :clap:

BullsFan
02-11-2010, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I purpose that anyone who doesn't agree with me should get a minimum one week ban!

That'll teach 'em!

So in another words, it'd just be you and....you? :D

STANG RED
02-11-2010, 05:14 PM
I propose that anyone who proposes any new rule should be banned for life. Right after this new rule of course. :D

3afan
02-11-2010, 05:15 PM
i think all "... i was here in case this thread gets closed" posters should get a week off

bobcat4life
02-11-2010, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I propose that anyone who proposes any new rule should be banned for life. Right after this new rule of course. :D I second that motion

do we have to follow Roberts Rules of Order?

Sweetwater Red
02-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Screw all this hostility! :mad:

I'm going back to the thread where Sweetwater and Snyder
folks are being nice and talking about drinking a beer together
after the game. :eek:

bobcat4life
02-11-2010, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
i think all "... i was here in case this thread gets closed" posters should get a week off that means you froto. STANG RED made the last rule that can be made without suspension, other than the mods of course

GreenMonster
02-11-2010, 05:31 PM

Who's with me?

Now, in case this is aimed at me, my pitbull thread was never aimed at getting closed. The purpose was the poll, and only because I was curious to what the downlow population's thoughts were on the matter and found that we are pretty evenly split for and against with a few others that don't care either way. I celebrated the fact that it was closed only because it was the first one that I have started that I can remember to have ever been closed. That fact alone and the longevity of my membership should point out that I usually try to stay away from the controversial. Why should I, or anyone else for that matter, be punished because a handful of others choose to take the thread in a direction that leads to closure? Furthermore, when you start trying to determine one's intentions from just reading a title of a thread or a handful of posts on a thread is placing way too much pressure on the mods in their daily chore maintaining law and order around here. I like things the way they are, if you get caught in the wrong you get a speeding ticket and after so many tickets you lose your liscense.

LE Dad
02-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Now, in case this is aimed at me, my pitbull thread was never aimed at getting closed. The purpose was the poll, and only because I was curious to what the downlow population's thoughts were on the matter and found that we are pretty evenly split for and against with a few others that don't care either way. I celebrated the fact that it was closed only because it was the first one that I have started that I can remember to have ever been closed. That fact alone and the longevity of my membership should point out that I usually try to stay away from the controversial. Why should I, or anyone else for that matter, be punished because a handful of others choose to take the thread in a direction that leads to closure? Furthermore, when you start trying to determine one's intentions from just reading a title of a thread or a handful of posts on a thread is placing way too much pressure on the mods in their daily chore maintaining law and order around here. I like things the way they are, if you get caught in the wrong you get a speeding ticket and after so many tickets you lose your liscense. Personally, I enjoyed your Pitbull thread very much. None of the earlier threads had a poll and yours did. I thought it was rather telling that before the posting in support began the anti pit sentiment was at 66%, and once informed debate began the margin narrowed to almost even. Research and education on a subject can go a long ways in changing opinions.

Kudos :clap: :clap:

BullsFan
02-11-2010, 06:54 PM
Man....you can really tell when it's offseason, no? When we're making threads to talk about threads that were made to talk about other threads, that's just sad, isn't it? ;)

Now back to Six Degrees!! :D

Eagle 1
02-11-2010, 07:10 PM

Who's with me?

Why don't we just change the name of the message board to Без перевода.
:rolleyes:

NateDawg39
02-11-2010, 07:46 PM
this is a boring thread

LE Dad
02-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
Man....you can really tell when it's offseason, no? When we're making threads to talk about threads that were made to talk about other threads, that's just sad, isn't it? ;)

Now back to Six Degrees!! :D :clap: :clap:

bobcat4life
02-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
this is a boring thread it was good for a while nate....

LE Dad
02-11-2010, 07:49 PM
this is a boring thread Exciting threads have resulted in 57 deaths and should be banned.:D

NateDawg39
02-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
it was good for a while nate.... Now that I have left a post it is good...but rule making should be left to the adults not itty bitty children :D

LE Dad
02-11-2010, 07:53 PM
Brad McCoy says Pit Bulls rule and drives a Hyundai.:D

bobcat4life
02-11-2010, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Brad McCoy says Pit Bulls rule and drives a Hyundai.:D he just runs. It is much faster that way. He dont need no stinking Hyundai (btw, Hyundai is hard to spell)

LE Dad
02-11-2010, 08:40 PM
he just runs. It is much faster that way. He dont need no stinking Hyundai (btw, Hyundai is hard to spell) Lol I am not even sure if that is correct. If it is not I am sure the "Spell Police" will be along shortly.:D

TheDOCTORdre
02-11-2010, 09:09 PM
lets get this thread closed

bobcat4life
02-11-2010, 09:13 PM
lets get this thread closed how has it not been?

TheDOCTORdre
02-11-2010, 09:19 PM
because I never gave it the ok :D

NateDawg39
02-11-2010, 09:23 PM
Im back...just in case. And Dre must sign the dotted line before it can proceed

LE Dad
02-11-2010, 09:23 PM
because I never gave it the ok :D :eek: :eek: :eek:

TheDOCTORdre
02-11-2010, 09:24 PM
I guess I could just mention pit bull abortion in the back of a 4x4 wreck and it would get this closed:D

Inmateboss
02-11-2010, 09:27 PM
I guess I could just mention pit bull abortion in the back of a 4x4 wreck and it would get this closed:D

:clap: :fnypost: :fnypost: that is good right there!!!!!

Farmersfan
02-12-2010, 01:07 PM
So in another words, it'd just be you and....you? :D

I don't see a problem with that picture B.Fan! whup! whup! Get the party started!!!!!:D :D

BullsFan
02-12-2010, 03:30 PM
I don't see a problem with that picture B.Fan! whup! whup! Get the party started!!!!!:D :D

You know, based on what I've seen here you probably really do have to...er..."party" with yourself a lot. :D :D ;) ;)

Farmersfan
02-12-2010, 04:04 PM
You know, based on what I've seen here you probably really do have to...er..."party" with yourself a lot. :D :D ;) ;)

That was a low blow Bullsfan!!!!!!!
:D :D :D

AND I LIKE IT!!!!!!! Do it again! Do it again! :D :D :D

crzyjournalist03
02-12-2010, 04:29 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

bobcat4life
02-13-2010, 01:29 AM
Im gonna get this cllosed myself:

A vicious pitbull bit a small child and her father, then preceded to steal his 4x4 car. While driving, he ran over 2 people in a Prius who couldnt control the cruise control malfunctions. Then the dog, named Obaminator, took a slight curve at 90 mph, and rolled it. The shock and utter damage caused a woman to ask for an abortion so that her kid wouldnt be born into a world like this. And I forgot to mention that 4 pitbulls jumped out of the back and mauled a black man.

Pit bulls driving 4x4s cause cancer and severe mental disorders

BullsFan
02-13-2010, 01:41 AM

LOL

and

EWWW!!!!

:D

LE Dad
02-13-2010, 09:07 AM
I guess I could just mention pit bull abortion in the back of a 4x4 wreck and it would get this closed:D You just need to get BBDE started. That will do the trick.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:D

Phantom Stang
02-13-2010, 11:36 AM
:wave:

zebrablue2
02-13-2010, 12:28 PM

A vicious pitbull bit a small child and her father, then preceded to steal his 4x4 car. While driving, he ran over 2 people in a Prius who couldnt control the cruise control malfunctions. Then the dog, named Obaminator, took a slight curve at 90 mph, and rolled it. The shock and utter damage caused a woman to ask for an abortion so that her kid wouldnt be born into a world like this. And I forgot to mention that 4 pitbulls jumped out of the back and mauled a black man.

so do you think the longhorns can win it all this fall??

sinton66
02-13-2010, 09:17 PM
I think some of you folks need to get out more. Your brains are turning to mush.....:rolleyes:

WOS87
02-13-2010, 09:27 PM

Wow! That's better than David Allan Coe and his train, mama, rain, prison, getting drunk and pickup truck formula LOL

:rolleyes:

Keep trying... I can guarantee you whomever it is that crosses the line will get an official warning.

WOS87
02-13-2010, 09:30 PM
Oops! I forgot to add this...

:tisk:

bobcat4life
02-13-2010, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
Oops! I forgot to add this...

:tisk: oh no...the terrible wafting finger of the mods:eek:

WOS87
02-14-2010, 03:08 AM
oh no...the terrible wafting finger of the mods:eek:

Keep it up... I'm waiting :D :D :tisk:

Green Bling
02-14-2010, 11:52 AM
I haven't had a thread closed, but I do know how to end a thread and send it to the archive pages. I just post, and that's it. I haven't figured out if what I say is too boring to warrant response, or if what I say just says it all, thereby making it unnecessary for others to reply. BUT there are quite a few old threads in which I am the last poster:D :D BTW, this thread requires no further posts.

zebrablue2
02-14-2010, 08:07 PM
then let it be offically{no more waiting} CLOSED!!!:D

TheDOCTORdre
02-15-2010, 12:24 AM
still waiting:D

NateDawg39
02-15-2010, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
then let it be offically{no more waiting} CLOSED!!!:D You don't have the guts mod!! :mad:

:D :D

bobcat4life
02-15-2010, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
then let it be offically{no more waiting} CLOSED!!!:D since when are you a mod?

NateDawg39
02-15-2010, 12:55 AM
since when are you a mod? Since he overthrew the former regime

bobcat4life
02-15-2010, 01:02 AM
Since he overthrew the former regime ahh that gives you, me, and Brad McCoy hope of overtaking the site one day

NateDawg39
02-15-2010, 01:04 AM
ahh that gives you, me, and Brad McCoy hope of overtaking the site one day I thought we already did :confused:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-15-2010, 01:06 AM
I thought we already did :confused:

http://www.esquire.com/cm/esquire/images/crying-baby-0509-s2-99576567.jpg

bobcat4life
02-15-2010, 01:09 AM
I thought we already did :confused: we did. Our main problem was kep's authority....but we will be back

NateDawg39
02-15-2010, 01:11 AM
we did. Our main problem was kep's authority....but we will be back Maybe we should turn our attention to finding a councilor for BBDE. He seems to enjoy finding pictures of toddlers on the internet a little to much.

bobcat4life
02-15-2010, 01:13 AM
Maybe we should turn our attention to finding a councilor for BBDE. He seems to enjoy finding pictures of toddlers on the internet a little to much. him and BDR's posts on the hot girl thread.. both have some issues that need fixing

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-15-2010, 01:24 AM
him and BDR's posts on the hot girl thread.. both have some issues that need fixing

Maybe we should turn our attention to finding a councilor for BBDE. He seems to enjoy finding pictures of toddlers on the internet a little to much.

WOS87
02-15-2010, 04:47 AM
since when are you a mod?

zebrablue2?? Since 2/14/10 :p

TheDOCTORdre
02-15-2010, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
Keep it up... I'm waiting :D :D :tisk:

dikembe mutombo in tha house

http://sportshumor23.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/mutombo.jpg