PDA

View Full Version : 4x4s are dangerous and should be outlawed!!

LE Dad
02-11-2010, 12:37 PM
4X4s should be outlawed. The amount of deaths these vehicles cause when involved in an accident is extremely disproportionate to other modes of transportation. With so many safer modes of transportation I see no useful reason for this vehicle to remain on our roads.
They were designed for one purpose, and it was not to roam up and down our highways maiming and killing innocent women and children.
I understand that it may be a few irresponsible owners, but that should be of no consequence. These monsters should go.

What do you say?

LE Dad
02-11-2010, 12:39 PM
I say it is silly, but then again I think infringing on peoples choice on any matter is... Maybe it is just me.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

jason
02-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad

What do you say?

insert the 'this thread is gay' smiley.....

LE Dad
02-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by jason
insert the 'this thread is gay' smiley..... I would, but that would violate the rule modification.:D

Farmersfan
02-11-2010, 01:00 PM
Everyone's IQ just took a nose dive for reading this!!!!!!

STANG RED
02-11-2010, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Everyone's IQ just took a nose dive for reading this!!!!!!

Well crap, now you tell me. I didnt have many IQs to spare as it was. :mad:

Phantom Stang
02-11-2010, 01:07 PM
I would, but that would violate the rule modification.:D
what rule?
Are we not even allowed be happy anymore?:hairpunk:

SintonFan
02-11-2010, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
what rule?
Are we not even allowed be happy anymore?:hairpunk:

Happiness is over-rated. We should be seeking 100% fun all the time.

PPSTATEBOUND
02-11-2010, 01:17 PM
4X4s should be outlawed. The amount of deaths these vehicles cause when involved in an accident is extremely disproportionate to other modes of transportation. With so many safer modes of transportation I see no useful reason for this vehicle to remain on our roads.
They were designed for one purpose, and it was not to roam up and down our highways maiming and killing innocent women and children.
I understand that it may be a few irresponsible owners, but that should be of no consequence. These monsters should go.

What do you say?

"They were designed for one purpose, and it was not to roam up and down our highways maiming and killing innocent women and children."

Agreed. Whats the purpose daily 4X4 drivers that never have tasted the off road? Comon speak up there's plenty of ya.

Inmateboss
02-11-2010, 01:17 PM
As much snow is on the ground today, a 4X4 would be nice!!!

PPSTATEBOUND
02-11-2010, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
As much snow is on the ground today, a 4X4 would be nice!!!

Then pull it out for the three 3 days yearly it would serve a purpose..

LE Dad
02-11-2010, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
As much snow is on the ground today, a 4X4 would be nice!!! There are 100's of smaller, front wheel drive, vehicles that handle easier and provide traction in snow as a 4x4. These vehicles such as the Focus or Prius are also provide much better gas mileage and are far less dangerous than their larger, hard to handle counterparts.

LE Dad
02-11-2010, 01:43 PM
Everyone's IQ just took a nose dive for reading this!!!!!! Yes, that happens with alot of your posts...

... Now what say ye about the topic at hand?:D

NateDawg39
02-11-2010, 01:50 PM

What do you say?
Do you have stats to prove they kill more than other vehicles? Just curious....

Phantom Stang
02-11-2010, 01:52 PM
There are 100's of smaller, front wheel drive, vehicles that handle easier and provide traction in snow as a 4x4. These vehicles such as the Focus or Prius are also provide much better gas mileage and are far less dangerous than their larger, hard to handle counterparts. It's on snowy days like today, that I miss the 5 speed Mazda we use to have in the family.

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-11-2010, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Do you have stats to prove they kill more than other vehicles? Just curious....

He's just trying to make a point about pit bulls.

LE Dad
02-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Do you have stats to prove they kill more than other vehicles? Just curious.... I am still working to get more recent data but using 2005 NHSTA stats:
car fatalities dropped 1.8%
truck fatalities increased 4.3%
Interesting sooo far.

Did you know that highway crashes cost the taxpayers $230.6 BILLION a year or $820/ person??

SintonFan
02-11-2010, 02:04 PM
I am still working to get more recent data but using 2005 NHSTA stats:
Interesting sooo far.

Did you know that highway crashes cost the taxpayers $230.6 BILLION a year or $820/ person??

Sacre Bleu! We need to outlaw all crashes!:clap: :clap: :clap:

LE Dad
02-11-2010, 02:08 PM
USDOT 2007 stats show that 59% of SUV rollover deaths resulted in death followed closely by 46% of trucks and a small 25% for passenger cars. This is important as 35% of all fatal crashes reported in 2007 involved rollovers.

Bullaholic
02-11-2010, 02:12 PM
Stats prove that the biggest percentage of 4X4 owners also own a pit bull. :D

SintonFan
02-11-2010, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

lol
You nasty Bulla!:thumbsup:

Farmersfan
02-11-2010, 02:20 PM
I think you are being a little childish LE! The two subjects aren't even close to compatible and the analogy that you seem to be fishing for doesn't work on so many different levels.

1. There isn't really a measurable difference in accident rates in large vehicles and small vehicles.
2. There are many times as many large SUVs of the 2 wheel drive variety on the highways than actuall 4X4s.
3. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY! A vehicle is not a animal that has free will to act on it's own nature!!!!!! The first time a 4X4 leaves the garage and goes down the street and mauls a child while the owner is at work I will sign your "4X4's are evil" petition. Deal?

LE Dad
02-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Again slightly older data, but a 2005 report from US Institute of Highway Safety states "that the occupants of an 4x4 are more likely to be killed in a crash with a smaller car than occupants of a car" . That is using data compiled from 1999 through 2002.
The report states that vehicle to vehicle crashes are not the main concern... It seems things such as; walls, trees, buildings, and steep embankments keep stepping in front of these
massive vehicles and caused the untimely demise of 5600 of their occupants.

waterboy
02-11-2010, 02:21 PM
I think we should just ban stupid people.....:D

:wave: I was here......:cool:

BILLYFRED0000
02-11-2010, 02:23 PM
There are 100's of smaller, front wheel drive, vehicles that handle easier and provide traction in snow as a 4x4. These vehicles such as the Focus or Prius are also provide much better gas mileage and are far less dangerous than their larger, hard to handle counterparts.

You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to my choice.

LE Dad
02-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Stats prove that the biggest percentage of 4X4 owners also own a pit bull. :D That could be true.:thinking:

themsu97
02-11-2010, 02:27 PM
100% of all 4x4 fatalities has at least one death in them...
that is a fact

NateDawg39
02-11-2010, 02:27 PM
That could be true.:thinking: I own a 4x4 and I have a terrier :D

LE Dad
02-11-2010, 02:32 PM
I think you are being a little childish LE! The two subjects aren't even close to compatible and the analogy that you seem to be fishing for doesn't work on so many different levels.

1. There isn't really a measurable difference in accident rates in large vehicles and small vehicles.
2. There are many times as many large SUVs of the 2 wheel drive variety on the highways than actuall 4X4s.
3. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY! A vehicle is not a animal that has free will to act on it's own nature!!!!!! The first time a 4X4 leaves the garage and goes down the street and mauls a child while the owner is at work I will sign your "4X4's are evil" petition. Deal?
Really?? I present a topic and bring facts an figure to back it up and I am childish??

Pit Bulls accounted for 57 deaths over how many years? 4x4 account for how many thousands and deaths and cost every person reading this $800 a year. You are right. Absolutely "no comparison".

LE Dad
02-11-2010, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to my choice. That is correct sir. :thumbsup:

bowleghorses
02-11-2010, 02:38 PM
I just realized that now I'm gunna be on foot. I've got 2 of them and no wrecks...oof, did I just jinx myself?:nerd:

bowleghorses
02-11-2010, 02:43 PM

What do you say?

Man you need to run down to the stealership and buy you one of them big boys.:weeping:

bowleghorses
02-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by jason
insert the 'this thread is gay' smiley.....

You mean there is a gay smiley? Gotta make sure I don't click that thing.:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

LE Dad
02-11-2010, 02:46 PM

1. I am talking death not accidents. Accidents happen, you dust off and go home, but you can't put a band aid on death.

2. The facts are a little sketchy on what are true 4x4s and what are a mix thereof, but the fact remains they all get classed together.

3. Anything animate or inanimate can cause great harm if mis handled or neglected.

bowleghorses
02-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Interesting sooo far.

That's because there are a lot more trucks on the road now. They are not just for work now.

bowleghorses
02-11-2010, 02:48 PM

If I had a couple of pit bulls in my truck ,I would try and roll it over.:D

Phantom Stang
02-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
If I had a couple of pit bulls in my truck ,I would try and roll it over.:D
The dogs would probably survive, and devour you before an ambulance could get there.:D

LE Dad
02-11-2010, 03:05 PM
That's because there are a lot more trucks on the road now. They are not just for work now. What are they for??

bowleghorses
02-11-2010, 03:06 PM
A lot of pit bull talk...will they close this thread?:D

bowleghorses
02-11-2010, 03:07 PM
What are they for??

Family vehicles, enjoyment, and just because they are cool.:cool:

TheDOCTORdre
02-11-2010, 03:08 PM
Using probability odds, there is a 97.768% chance of this thread getting closed, so let it be known I was here.

bowleghorses
02-11-2010, 03:08 PM
The dogs would probably survive, and devour you before an ambulance could get there.:D

I can't stop laughing at this:fnypost:

bowleghorses
02-11-2010, 03:11 PM
The only thing that would make my 72 Plymouth Satellite better is if it would be a 4x4.:D

TheDOCTORdre
02-11-2010, 03:11 PM
Interesting stat 7 out of 10 4x4 accidents were caused with pit bulls behind the wheel of the 4x4, apparently their blood thirsty nature needed more carnage so they teamed up with 4x4s to take it to innocent people

bobcat4life
02-11-2010, 03:12 PM
I'll have you know a 4x4 saved my life today when we were feeding cattle and tried to save a pregnant cow who breeched on a bad day....we'll probably have to put her down though

and I was here if this gets closed

sectionCwannabe
02-11-2010, 03:13 PM
Interesting sooo far.

in this report the top 2 selling vehicles are turcks, if this has been the trend since 2005 then of course car fatalities would drop and truck fatalities would rise. so thats really not a fair comparison.

http://online.wsj.com/mdc/public/page/2_3022-autosales.html

Farmersfan
02-11-2010, 03:19 PM
"SUVs dominate list of safest cars for 2009
Dealers are offering incentives to help with cost of gas in ailing economy"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26980109/

LE Dad
02-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Family vehicles, enjoyment, and just because they are cool.:cool: :D Sounds like freedom of choice to me.:thinking: As long as you are responsible I am sure you will not be amongst the statistics.:clap: :clap:

Farmersfan
02-11-2010, 03:26 PM
3. Anything animate or inanimate can cause great harm if mis handled or neglected. [/B]

A 4X4 can cause great harm if mishandled. But it is still just a tool! It is incapable of acting on it's own. No amount of abuse, neglect or mishandling can make a 4X4 go out on it's own and do harm. There is a difference!

Farmersfan
02-11-2010, 03:29 PM
:D Sounds like freedom of choice to me.:thinking: As long as you are responsible I am sure you will not be amongst the statistics.:clap: :clap:

Hey LE! Would you say a person should have the "Freedom of Choice" to own a Tiger, Lion, Cobra or Alligator?????
We have statistics that show more Americans have been killed by Pit Bulls than all these combined!

LE Dad
02-11-2010, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by sectionCwannabe
in this report the top 2 selling vehicles are turcks, if this has been the trend since 2005 then of course car fatalities would drop and truck fatalities would rise. so thats really not a fair comparison.

http://online.wsj.com/mdc/public/page/2_3022-autosales.html

Very interesting... So since they are becoming more popular the risk of fatalities increases?

sectionCwannabe
02-11-2010, 03:32 PM
no, there are more on the road. if it was reversed and more cars were being sold i am sure the number of deaths would reverse too.

LE Dad
02-11-2010, 03:34 PM
Hey LE! Would you say a person should have the "Freedom of Choice" to own a Tiger, Lion, Cobra or Alligator?????
We have statistics that show more Americans have been killed by Pit Bulls than all these combined! 57 deaths vs 5600 deaths... Which is worse?

Are any of those dometicated household pets?

Farmersfan
02-11-2010, 03:41 PM
57 deaths vs 5600 deaths... Which is worse?

Are any of those dometicated household pets?

If we outlawed Pits then they wouldn't be "dometicated" household pets either!!!! Duh!

LE Dad
02-11-2010, 03:42 PM
"SUVs dominate list of safest cars for 2009
Dealers are offering incentives to help with cost of gas in ailing economy"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26980109/ Did you actually read that? It is a sales pitch for an Audi, and even it points out a rollover weakness.:thinking:

Keep trying. :D

LE Dad
02-11-2010, 03:45 PM
If we outlawed Pits then they wouldn't be "dometicated" household pets either!!!! Duh! C'mon FF answer the question. Which is worse?

Farmersfan
02-11-2010, 03:48 PM
"Center of gravity:
Now about 40% of new US vehicles, mainly the SUVs, vans and pickup trucks that are more susceptible to rollover, are being produced with a lower center of gravity and enhanced suspension with stability control linked to its anti-lock braking system in order to reduce the risk of rollover, and meet US federal requirements that will mandate anti-rollover technology by September 2011.[37]"

We recognized the dangers and addressed them. Shouldn't we also recognize the dangers of the...........(other subject)!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traffic_collision

LE Dad
02-11-2010, 03:55 PM
"Center of gravity:
Now about 40% of new US vehicles, mainly the SUVs, vans and pickup trucks that are more susceptible to rollover, are being produced with a lower center of gravity and enhanced suspension with stability control linked to its anti-lock braking system in order to reduce the risk of rollover, and meet US federal requirements that will mandate anti-rollover technology by September 2011.[37]"

We recognized the dangers and addressed them. Shouldn't we also recognize the dangers of the...........(other subject)!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traffic_collision

So your saying only 5500 deaths, as your fist link said, sales are way down so it could be years before we see a decrease and do you think we will ever see anything close to 57??

rockdale80
02-11-2010, 03:55 PM
If we outlawed Pits then they wouldn't be "dometicated" household pets either!!!! Duh!

FF I have read you discuss the slippery slope we face when we start discussing trouncing on civil liberties yet you set here and insist that we strip peoples pets away from them as if they are all murderers. That seems a little absurd to me. I am not saying I ever want you to like Pit bulls or even own one, but much of your dislike is based on ignorance. Of all the people and pitbulls in this country the number of attacks and deaths is extremely small. Maybe it me being callous, but it seems that this is all simply a knee jerk reaction and people need to stop being scared of something that will probably never affect them in their entire life. Considering the number of pitbulls and the very small number of attacks I wouldn’t say that they are a blood thirsty vicious breed at all, but rather they possess the power to do more harm when one actually does attack. Statistically speaking they aren’t even the most aggressive breed and they score very well on their temperament test.

Where do we draw the line from allowing people to live their life and everyone being government drones? What is next?

Farmersfan
02-11-2010, 04:13 PM
C'mon FF answer the question. Which is worse?

Of course the larger number is by far the worst. But the number of people who died in Vietnam is much worst than the people who died in hot air balloons!!!! More people die each year in sky diving accidents than in Pie eating contests! If you screw a jelly fish you might be surprised at the amount of pain you can take!!!!!!!!! 1 out of every 10 men who work the assembly line at Oscar Mayer will develope penis envy at some point in their lives!!!

Anymore useless information you want to exchange???:D :D

Phantom Stang
02-11-2010, 04:16 PM
In the immortal words of that great statesman TheDoctorDre: In case this thread gets closed, I was here.

TheDOCTORdre
02-11-2010, 04:19 PM
In the immortal words of that great statesman TheDoctorDre: In case this thread gets closed, I was here.

you sir are a gentleman and a scholar, thank you for giving credit where credit is due

Farmersfan
02-11-2010, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
FF I have read you discuss the slippery slope we face when we start discussing trouncing on civil liberties yet you set here and insist that we strip peoples pets away from them as if they are all murderers. That seems a little absurd to me. I am not saying I ever want you to like Pit bulls or even own one, but much of your dislike is based on ignorance. Of all the people and pitbulls in this country the number of attacks and deaths is extremely small. Maybe it me being callous, but it seems that this is all simply a knee jerk reaction and people need to stop being scared of something that will probably never affect them in their entire life. Considering the number of pitbulls and the very small number of attacks I wouldn’t say that they are a blood thirsty vicious breed at all, but rather they possess the power to do more harm when one actually does attack. Statistically speaking they aren’t even the most aggressive breed and they score very well on their temperament test.

Where do we draw the line from allowing people to live their life and everyone being government drones? What is next?

I never said take peoples pets away from them. I never even said I would agree with gathering and killing unclaimed Pit Bulls. I said we should outlaw the breeding of them so that they will naturally become non-existant. If we controlled the production of them we can phase them out and NOBODY would be the wiser. We would simply be reverseing what was done in the past. For the millionth time it's not like a person would be denied anything. There is only 1 attribute that makes the Pit Bull breed more desirable to the general population than any other breed and that desirable trait is what keeps this discussion alive.
But this isn't a Pit Bull thread! It's a 4X4 threat.:D

LE Dad
02-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Of course the larger number is by far the worst. :D :D EXACTLY!!:clap: :clap: sooo let's work on some other more substantial issue. If you begin promoting the infringement of one persons choice...soon someone may promote an infringement upon yours.:D

Mods I would like this thread closed!! :p