PDA

View Full Version : PAC 10 talk...

NastySlot
02-11-2010, 09:51 AM
anyone else hear they're consider expansion?.....rumor has it looking at Utah and Colorado.

I was thinking combine that with Big10 talk of expansion which considered Missouri.............wow......the big 12 could be in trouble...I would think the TV markets (denver, kc and st louis)those losses would hurt revenue.

might get interesting.

LE Dad
02-11-2010, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
anyone else hear they're consider expansion?.....rumor has it looking at Utah and Colorado.

I was thinking combine that with Big10 talk of expansion which considered Missouri.............wow......the big 12 could be in trouble...I would think the TV markets (denver, kc and st louis)those losses would hurt revenue.

might get interesting. Yes that is exactly what I heard. It was on ESPN and came straight out of the Pac 10 presidents mouth. He said though alot of Pac 10 memebers favored the round robin, the 12 team format would increase national exposure and revenue with the addition of more out of conference games and a championship game.

LionKing
02-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot

might get interesting. Yes there is lots of talk, the Pac 10 recently hired former Big 12 commissioner Kevin Weiburg as their deputy commissioner, I'd heard after Weiburg left the Big 12 he was instrumental in starting the Big 10 network for the Big 10, and talk of Big 10 expansion, I guess his presence in the Pac 10 will be the beginnings of a network and expansion for the Pac 10, his Big 12 past is one reason that Colorado, Missouri, and Texas keep popping up as schools those two conferences are looking at for expansion.

95mustang
02-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Let the Big 10 take Mizzou and the PAC-10 take Colorado. The Big 12 can then add Boise State and TCU. This will actually make the Big 12 conference tougher then it is now. The Big 12 can move Oklahoma State to the North Division to replace one of the teams we lost along with Boise then leave TCU in the south.

LE Dad
02-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
Let the Big 10 take Mizzou and the PAC-10 take Colorado. The Big 12 can then add Boise State and TCU. This will actually make the Big 12 conference tougher then it is now. The Big 12 can move Oklahoma State to the North Division to replace one of the teams we lost along with Boise then leave TCU in the south. Actually heard that Arkansas may want to go BigXII?

jason
02-11-2010, 12:25 PM
without looking at this in terms of upgrading the talent of the big 12....

tcu needs to somehow get into a bcs conference if possible...

bwdlionfan
02-11-2010, 12:32 PM
Let the Big 10 take Mizzou and the PAC-10 take Colorado. The Big 12 can then add Boise State and TCU. This will actually make the Big 12 conference tougher then it is now. The Big 12 can move Oklahoma State to the North Division to replace one of the teams we lost along with Boise then leave TCU in the south.

I agree!

eagles_victory
02-11-2010, 12:37 PM
Let the Big 10 take Mizzou and the PAC-10 take Colorado. The Big 12 can then add Boise State and TCU. This will actually make the Big 12 conference tougher then it is now. The Big 12 can move Oklahoma State to the North Division to replace one of the teams we lost along with Boise then leave TCU in the south. What about the concept of geography adding a team from Idaho in the Big 12?

SHSBulldog00
02-11-2010, 12:54 PM
I like the idea of adding TCU and Arkansas into the Big 12.

Green Bling
02-11-2010, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
I like the idea of adding TCU and Arkansas into the Big 12.
:ditto: I miss having them in the same conference as they were back in the old SW Conference days. AND it would be great for the Big 12 to have access to the great Ark. sports facilities.