PDA

View Full Version : Dry Skin!!!

NateDawg39
02-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Grrr....ok I have to shave regularly for work because Parker Drilling has a no facial hair policy. Of course I was overseas for a few months so they don't really care as long as it is neatly trimmed. Yet, now that I am in Houston working mainly in the head office, I have to shave everyday! In college I did not ever shave....ever. I trimmed my beard and let it grow long for whatever reason. Anyways, I need to know what the best lotion, cream, or razors to use is. :)

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-10-2010, 10:10 PM
I've always used the Nuetrogena aftershave lotion in the black box with SPF to prevent wrinkles, it works pretty well.

Green Bling
02-10-2010, 11:22 PM
Our dermatologist told Mr Bling to use Neutogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion. He really likes it. For over the counter products, most dermatologists are really high on Neutogena products.

CHS_89
02-11-2010, 09:12 AM
I use hair conditioner as my shaving cream...works great.

Ranger Mom
02-11-2010, 10:25 AM
My husband swears by the Gillette Fusion razor.....and the best shaving lotion is "Coochy Cream,"

I don't think you can buy that in a regular store though!!!:p

ccmom
02-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
My husband swears by the Fusion razor.....and the best shaving lotion is "Coochy Cream,"

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ROFL!

jason
02-11-2010, 10:28 AM
My husband swears by the Gillette Fusion razor.....and the best shaving lotion is "Coochy Cream,"

I don't think you can buy that in a regular store though!!!:p have to be over 18 to get into the stores that sell it ??

Ranger Mom
02-11-2010, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by jason
have to be over 18 to get into the stores that sell it ??

You can order it online actually. It's kinda pricey, but a little bit goes a long way, so it lasts forever.

I love it!!

jockcity33
02-11-2010, 10:37 AM
what is the web-site that you order it from?

Ranger Mom
02-11-2010, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by jockcity33
what is the web-site that you order it from?

Lots of 'em.....just google it.

I can already see you guys wheels turning, but this is actually a really good product!!!

waterboy
02-11-2010, 11:21 AM
I just use Edge for Sensitive Skin. I used to have a lot of razor burn that aggravated me until I found a remedy for that........baking soda.:eek: What I do is after I finish shaving, I sprinkle a couple of ounces of baking soda in the sink, fill it with a quart or so of cold water, stir it a little, then use it as an aftershave. It works! No more razor burn, or bumps!:clap:

PPSTATEBOUND
02-11-2010, 11:22 AM
Corn huskers is the best dry skin lotion I have found for a man.

CHS_89
02-11-2010, 01:02 PM

LMAO!
Definately not a "regular" store ;)

areacode337
02-11-2010, 01:59 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Coochy-Cream-Rash-Free-Shave-Green/dp/B0006GT8W4

SintonFan
02-11-2010, 02:01 PM
You can order it online actually. It's kinda pricey, but a little bit goes a long way, so it lasts forever.

I love it!!

:eek: :eek:

ROTFLMAO!!!

You made my day K!:clap: :D

You can buy it here:
Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&keywords=Coochy%20Cream&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3ACoochy%20Cream&page=1)
Funny, but normally Amazon sells used products, too.:thinking:

Inmateboss
02-11-2010, 03:33 PM

:eek: I bought some in a regular store once, smooth skin was not the result!!!!

Inmateboss
02-11-2010, 03:34 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ranger Mom
[B]You can order it online actually. It's kinda pricey, but a little bit goes a long way, so it lasts forever.

:thinking: Mine has too!!!

big daddy russ
02-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Razor: Schick Quattro Titanium
Cream: Neutrogena Sensitive Cream
Aftershave: Plain 'ol Rubbing Alcohol

Nate, I'll vouch for Neutrogena, too. I have sensitive skin and work in a white collar environment, so if I use "cheaper" razors and creams I get tons of ingrown hairs and a rash on my neck from my collar rubbing.

A buddy of mine who's a dermatologist told me that the worst thing you can get is a shave cream with any sort of scent. He's high on Neutrogena, so I went with it. Been using it ever since (a good three or four years now).

I was also a Mach 3 guy (I've had them all--the Turbo, Titanium, Power, Turbo Power, etc, etc) until I got a free Quattro Titanium and tried it out for a few weeks. I've never looked back. But then again, I've heard that the Mach 3 works great for some people's skin.

One other piece of advice I got is not to worry about getting an incredibly close shave. Doc said that the closer you shave, the better your chances for ingrown hairs. He told me to buy a good razor, change it out at least once a week, and only shave down. Don't go against the grain and don't go over a certain spot three or four times just because you missed a hair. If you shave everyday, you'll get the hair tomorrow and won't have a ton of ingrown hairs to show for it.

Whenever it gets real dry, like you're talking about, I'll wait for the alcohol to dry a bit and put some lotion on there. I just use Aveeno because it's what my wife has and isn't scented, but I'm sure any decent non-waxy lotion will work well.

Let us know if any of this was help to you.

nobogey72
02-11-2010, 06:04 PM

"Coochy Cream" is good but it does have some side effects. It makes your whiskers stand up nicely, BUT, if your whiskers stand up for more than 4 hours-- seek medical attention. It also can cause temporary insanity, memory loss, and marital problems.

CelinaCatFan
02-11-2010, 06:14 PM
If you have dry skin, allergies, and sinus problems, sleeping with the humidifier running helps.

LE Dad
02-11-2010, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
"Coochy Cream" is good but it does have some side effects. It makes your whiskers stand up nicely, BUT, if your whiskers stand up for more than 4 hours-- seek medical attention. It also can cause temporary insanity, memory loss, and marital problems. Wow a cream for marital problems :confused: It usually just takes a good night at the bar for that. :D