PDA

View Full Version : Non-Sports - Robert Earl Keen at Cuero Turkeyfest 2010

44INAROW
02-10-2010, 09:54 AM
Turkeyfest signs Robert Earl Keen
(Posted Today 08:40 am)
Cuero Turkeyfest Committee has been working hard on getting committments from musicians to perform at the 38th Annual Cuero Turkeyfest to be held October 8 and 9. The hard work has already payed off, as the Turkeyfest committee received a commitment from Robert Earl Keen to headline this year’s event.
Cuero Turkeyfest is announcing this week that Robert Earl Keen has committed to headline the 38th Annual Turkeyfest here Saturday, Oct. 9.
Cory Thamm of Turkeyfest stated, “Our Turkeyfest committee has been working hard on getting committments from musicians to perform. The hard work has paid off as the committee has received a commitment from Robert Earl Keen to headline this year’s event.”

www.cuerorecord.com

Blackcat1954
02-10-2010, 12:38 PM
I have all of REK's albums on viny and all of his CD and mp3s on my computer.

Went to his shows in the early 90s when he barley drew 100 people- Went to a show in Hallettsville in April of 1998 and had a bout 60 on a cold rainy Sunday

Wife was cold and REK let us get in his travel trailer and drank beer after the show.

The good ole days

rojosgirl
02-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Been wanting to see REK for years. This just may be my chance!

:clap:

carter08
02-11-2010, 05:44 PM
Still haven't seen REK, which is sad because he's one of the few singer/songwriters in the Texas Country scene to actually have the ability to write good, quality songs.

Green Bling
02-11-2010, 06:20 PM
The Cuero Turkeyfest FB page is good at keep event updates posted. Looks like this year's Fest is going to be a good one!
Become a friend of Turkeyfest.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cuero-Turkeyfest/298081426272?ref=ts

44INAROW
02-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Green Bling
The Cuero Turkeyfest FB page is good at keep event updates posted. Looks like this year's Fest is going to be a good one!
Become a friend of Turkeyfest.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cuero-Turkeyfest/298081426272?ref=ts

and if I am not mistaken - Turkeyfest is on our "off week" :)

Green Bling
02-11-2010, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
and if I am not mistaken - Turkeyfest is on our "off week" :)
Turkeyfest is indeed on our bye week!
Mr. Bling and I saw REK at the SA Rodeo several years ago. Good show. I've always wanted to see him and Lyle Lovett together at say, Gruene Hall. LL was in Victoria a couple of years ago with the V. Symphony. I really wanted to go, but I couldn't find anyone else that did and the tickets started at $200. He is still on my concert bucket list. :D :D