PDA

View Full Version : Grahams McCoy resigned?

mwrams
02-09-2010, 06:34 PM
Has anyone heard that McCoy resigned from Graham today?

NateDawg39
02-09-2010, 07:03 PM
I heard a rumor this afternoon about it but was not wanting to post it because it may have been unclear

LE Dad
02-09-2010, 07:05 PM
Here we go again!!:doh:

NateDawg39
02-09-2010, 07:14 PM
:D

mwrams
02-09-2010, 07:23 PM
Heard it from a Graham players parent. Stated channel 6 out of Wichita Falls was at the Graham sports Banquet last night and McCoy became quite emotional during his speech. Did not say what he was going to do...

coach
02-09-2010, 08:46 PM
good maybe they can actually win something now instead of choling in the championship game.

steerz2010
02-09-2010, 09:03 PM
as far as i know he is staying..:thinking:

TheDOCTORdre
02-09-2010, 09:09 PM
i heard from my level 6 source that they heard he did resign, and that came from their level 9 source:eek:

XMan
02-09-2010, 09:12 PM
What exactly is "choling"???

TheDOCTORdre
02-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by XMan

i think its a new hip term lol

Pawdaddy
02-09-2010, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by XMan

I am not surebut "chole" refers to bile.

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-09-2010, 10:23 PM
He probably did, but just like all the other times we've asked about it, it's gonna get ignored.

injuredinmelee
02-10-2010, 12:11 AM
nm

bobcat4life
02-10-2010, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
He probably did, but just like all the other times we've asked about it, it's gonna get ignored. it always turns into how awesome Brad McCoy is...

I think he will resign since Case graduated. do they have any children younger than Case?

injuredinmelee
02-10-2010, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
it always turns into how awesome Brad McCoy is...

I think he will resign since Case graduated. do they have any children younger than Case?
nope he does not.

Keith7
02-10-2010, 12:34 AM
I'm here in case this gets closed

Phantom Stang
02-10-2010, 01:32 AM
:wave:

Rustler
02-10-2010, 07:29 AM
Yes he did. Word out of Graham is Mike Leach was in town over the week-end to interview.

lostaussie
02-10-2010, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
:wave: ditto:D

tuff26
02-10-2010, 08:43 AM
The speculation of if and when Brad McCoy is leaving Graham High School can now finally end.

McCoy resigned Tuesday from his posts of athletic director and head football coach, less than two months after the Steers played in the Class 3A state championship game.

McCoy confirmed he is leaving, but had no further comment. His future plans are unknown.

The Steers went 39-21-1 in five years with McCoy at the helm, including three playoff appearances.

The football team is coming off its best season in school history, one that ended with a 14-2 record and a 13-12 loss to Carthage in the Class 3A Division II title game.

McCoy’s decision doesn’t come as a surprise.

His youngest son Case, who was the Steers’ quarterback the past four seasons and earned all-state honors in 2009, enrolled at the University of Texas before the spring semester.

His middle son Chance also transferred to UT from Abilene Christian, while his oldest son Colt is now preparing for the NFL draft.

McCoy came to Graham from Jim Ned before the 2005 football season, replacing David Bourquin, who had a successful run in his nine years with the Steers but not much playoff success.

That changed under McCoy, as Graham went 8-3 in the postseason.

Superintendent Beau Rees didn’t return a phone call about the resignation or about what Graham’s next move will be.

Link (http://www.timesrecordnews.com/news/2010/feb/10/mccoy-moving-on/#)

huntingbig8
02-10-2010, 09:04 AM
Graham had All Sports Banquet monday night, McCoy resigned tuesday morning. Also, Case McCoy enrolled at UT and began classes after mid term.

Z-RO
02-10-2010, 09:16 AM
Oooh, NOOOOBODY seen this coming! :rolleyes:

Im just going to leave it at that.

So are they going to promote from within as speculated or try to go out and land a big name?

YTBulldogs
02-10-2010, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Z-RO
Oooh, NOOOOBODY seen this coming! :rolleyes:

Im just going to leave it at that.

So are they going to promote from within as speculated or try to go out and land a big name?

Did Derek Fitzhenry apply?

Z-RO
02-10-2010, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs

Have no clue, but that would be a good hire even if it did change the entire outlook of the football program once again.

YTBulldogs
02-10-2010, 09:36 AM
Have no clue, but that would be a good hire even if it did change the entire outlook of the football program once again.

He might be interested, or he might not be.

BreckTxLonghorn
02-10-2010, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by tuff26

McCoy confirmed he is leaving, but had no further comment. His future plans are unknown.

Link (http://www.timesrecordnews.com/news/2010/feb/10/mccoy-moving-on/#)

Flippen Group in Houston.

McCoy, will be a leader in Flippen's sport's department, working with athletes, coaches and teams at all levels.

Graham-Leader (http://www.grahamleader.com/index.asp?Story=18157)

I said agent (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96837&highlight=mccoy) . He'll be a consultant. Kind of close.

injuredinmelee
02-10-2010, 09:49 AM
he just resigned last night how in the world would Fitzhenry have applied already. And its not like he is in any type of position to be applying anywhere else this year...

injuredinmelee
02-10-2010, 09:50 AM
44 he didnt do it on the dy of the banquet he did it the evening after.

YTBulldogs
02-10-2010, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
he just resigned last night how in the world would Fitzhenry have applied already. And its not like he is in any type of position to be applying anywhere else this year...

This coach moves fast.

injuredinmelee
02-10-2010, 09:56 AM
This coach moves fast.

back and forth very rapidly...

Z-RO
02-10-2010, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn

I said agent (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96837&highlight=mccoy) . He'll be a consultant. Kind of close.

Same here, but I was called stupid for it

wyliegrad04
02-10-2010, 01:25 PM
from the Abilene Reporter News ...

------------------

Graham High School football coach Brad McCoy resigned Tuesday morning, announcing that he has joined The Flippen Group — a company that specializes in talent development and organizational strategies for athletic programs, corporations and educators nationwide.

He will remain at Graham through the process of hiring his replacement, which he hopes will be concluded by March 1 when he begins his new job.

“Every day I come to work, I’m able to touch the lives of 135 kids at Graham High School,” McCoy said. “I’ve been blessed to be able to this for a long time.

“This new opportunity will allow me to travel across the nation and have a big influence on coaches,” he said. “I’ll be coaching coaches who can touch the lives of their own 135 kids, so this will allow me to have an impact on more lives than ever before.”

Based in College Station, the Flippen Group has outlets in 40 different states and has worked with Fortune 500 companies, NASCAR teams, the Arizona Diamondbacks and the New York Yankees.

McCoy’s role within the company will be as a traveling consultant, working with coaches on how to develop young athletes.

“It’s an incredible opportunity to do some things I’ve always wanted to do and stay in coaching,” McCoy said. “I’ll miss the Friday nights, the smell of the grass and all the things that go on during the games. And I’ll miss the relationships that are built during those trials.

“But at the same time, I feel like I’ll be able to continue those things at a higher level now,” he said. “This company is working passionately with a lot of college and professional teams, and they need someone who has done the things I’ve done to work in that part of the business.

“I’m going in as a partner with these guys, bringing my 27 years of coaching experience to work with teams all over the country.”

Formerly the coach at Jim Ned, McCoy moved to Graham in 2005, where he posted a 39-21-1 record in five seasons, including last year’s 14-2 campaign which ended with a 13-12 loss to Carthage in the Class 3A Division II title game.

His son Colt is a former University of Texas quarterback who is likely headed for the NFL. Another son, Case, quarterbacked Graham for four seasons and has just enrolled at the University of Texas, where he will join the football team for spring practice.

LE Dad
02-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Same here, but I was called stupid for it Just ahead of the game.:clap: :clap: You called it months ago.:thumbsup:

Glad this saga has come to a conclusion.:doh:

ccmom
02-10-2010, 01:50 PM
Same here, but I was called stupid for it

Who called you stupid? :confused:

I don't think most people doubted that he would leave. I think the idea that he would leave to be Colt's agent was what was difficult to believe.

Anyway, best of luck to Coach McCoy and to the GISD as they name a replacement. :)

Daddy D 11
02-10-2010, 02:00 PM
last week i said he would resign in a week or two. Some people just would not listen.....

BullsFan
02-10-2010, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by wyliegrad04
from the Abilene Reporter News ...

He will remain at Graham through the process of hiring his replacement, which he hopes will be concluded by March 1 when he begins his new job.

Two and a half weeks and he hopes they'll have a new guy in place? Unless they've already got someone in mind, that won't happen. I'm not sure it will anyway, since jobs in education have to be posted a certain amount of time...30 days, maybe?

Z-RO
02-10-2010, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Who called you stupid? :confused:

I don't think most people doubted that he would leave. I think the idea that he would leave to be Colt's agent was what was difficult to believe.

Anyway, best of luck to Coach McCoy and to the GISD as they name a replacement. :)

Remember you giving me hell about my level 2 source? Go back and look at some of my old posts, you will see that quite a few people were not very fond of them to say the least.

I say even if they plan on hiring from within they should at least open the door to see who comes a knockin and weigh their options from there.

Z-RO
02-10-2010, 02:13 PM
This just didnt develop over night, so why did he wait so long to resign? The writing was all over the wall starting with his wife not renewing her contract. It might just be me but I find it kind of strange that the Graham super has yet to field any questions (or return any calls) regarding the situation.

Daddy D 11
02-10-2010, 02:17 PM
This just didnt develop over night, so why did he wait so long to resign? The writing was all over the wall starting with his wife not renewing her contract. It might just be me but I find it kind of strange that the Graham super has yet to field any questions (or return any calls) regarding the situation.

He made it clear he was going to resign a while back. He specifically told some people so, that's how I found out. He had specific reasons for waiting so long, trust me.

ccmom
02-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Remember you giving me hell about my level 2 source? Go back and look at some of my old posts, you will see that quite a few people were not very fond of them to say the least.

I say even if they plan on hiring from within they should at least open the door to see who comes a knockin and weigh their options from there.

I'm not going to look it all up again, but to clarify....I never doubted that he would leave. What I doubted was that he had already made it official while the Steers were still in the playoffs (as some "sources" were reporting) and the idea that he was leaving to be Colt's agent.

As far as your "level 2" source....yes, I did razz you about that. I still think it's funny, actually. :D

Z-RO
02-10-2010, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
He made it clear he was going to resign a while back. He specifically told some people so, that's how I found out. He had specific reasons for waiting so long, trust me.

Oh, I know he told people. Hence my level 2 source that everybody thought I was fibbing about.

Z-RO
02-10-2010, 02:24 PM
I'm not going to look it all up again, but to clarify....I never doubted that he would leave. What I doubted was that he had already made it official while the Steers were still in the playoffs (as some "sources" were reporting) and the idea that he was leaving to be Colt's agent.

As far as your "level 2" source....yes, I did razz you about that. I still think it's funny, actually. :D

Im fixing to send you a PM to help clear any bumps in the road.

Daddy D 11
02-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Oh, I know he told people. Hence my level 2 source that everybody thought I was fibbing about.

Yeah, wasn't directing that at you. Just some of the Graham faithful that jumped my case when I mentioned that I knew he was leaving.

Z-RO
02-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Yeah, wasn't directing that at you. Just some of the Graham faithful that jumped my case when I mentioned that I knew he was leaving.

That wasnt directed towards you either, and believe me I know about people jumping other peoples cases :p

LE Dad
02-10-2010, 02:35 PM

The "level 2" was just plain funny. It had nothing to do with doubting you. I knew when I read his statement before the SC that he was gone. "I am still the Graham coach" is a long ways away from ... I have no intentions of leaving.

But come on dropping something like "level 2" on the DL. You're just asking for it.:D

Z-RO
02-10-2010, 02:39 PM
I Guess I hover around the recruiting boards too much where info is real hush hush and names cant be mentioned.

wildstangs
02-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Flip Flippen did a presentation for our school district a few weeks ago and mentioned he was writing a book with McCoy.

On a side note, Beau Rees, the Graham superintendent, used to be a coach/principal in Sweetwater.

Daddy D 11
02-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Maybe the superintendent will keep his current position & just appoint himself the AD/HC and end all speculation? :p

ccmom
02-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Maybe the superintendent will keep his current position & just appoint himself the AD/HC and end all speculation? :p

HEY! That's what my level 19 source said! I guess you have been talking to him, too! :D

Daddy D 11
02-10-2010, 02:49 PM
HEY! That's what my level 19 source said! I guess you have been talking to him, too! :D

lol

fridaynitefan
02-10-2010, 02:52 PM
So zero would have rather he announced publicly during the middle of playoffs that he was leaving. Any decent coach would not mess with a bunch of kids heads like that. I knew he was probably leaving as well as most of Graham, but there wasn't any sense in putting that out there at that time. I know we've been out of football for almost 2 months now, but there have been other celebrations that have been for the kids here lately recognizing their acheivements. I'm sure he waited to announce it until all the kids received their kudos! Job well done Graham Steers and Coach McCoy! You will be missed by those that know you!

LE Dad
02-10-2010, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by fridaynitefan
So zero would have rather he announced publicly during the middle of playoffs that he was leaving. Any decent coach would not mess with a bunch of kids heads like that. I knew he was probably leaving as well as most of Graham, but there wasn't any sense in putting that out there at that time. I know we've been out of football for almost 2 months now, but there have been other celebrations that have been for the kids here lately recognizing their acheivements. I'm sure he waited to announce it until all the kids received their kudos! Job well done Graham Steers and Coach McCoy! You will be missed by those that know you!

I don't know his reasoning, but it was handled poorly. If he knew he was leaving he should have annouced it to his players. This did not happen during the season, from what I read, it began before the school year started. Be honest with the kids. Tell them "hey, this is my last year here but we are going out with a bang" These kids are probably confused. At least if he had come out sooner there would have been a little less drama during the playoffs. :thinking:

Z-RO
02-10-2010, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by fridaynitefan

Did I ever say he should have done it during the season?

However, if you consider that public "unintentional" roasting of Grahams kicker at the sports banquet giving him his "kudo's" our opinions must vary differently. McCoy shouldnt have even mentioned him missing that kick during the state game, poor kid.

Z-RO
02-10-2010, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
I don't know his reasoning, but it was handled poorly. If he knew he was leaving he should have annouced it to his players. This did not happen during the season, from what I read, it began before the school year started. Be honest with the kids. Tell them "hey, this is my last year here but we are going out with a bang" These kids are probably confused. At least if he had come out sooner there would have been a little less drama during the playoffs. :thinking:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

mwrams
02-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Guess I was right!!!! My source seems to be very good! By the way, we get to be the first team Graham will face with a new coach...Mineral Wells vs. Graham 2010...

ccmom
02-10-2010, 04:16 PM
It might just be me but I find it kind of strange that the Graham super has yet to field any questions (or return any calls) regarding the situation.

Looks like he did have some comments....

http://texomashomepage.com/content/fulltext/?cid=75471

Graham Independent School District Superintendent Dr. Beau Rees said Coach McCoy will be missed. “Brad has definitely made a positive impact on our athletic programs during his 5 year tenure in Graham ISD. We were in the process of extending his contract and increasing his salary in an attempt to keep him; however, God has opened a new door for him and he feels a calling to walk through it. On behalf of the Board of Trustees, Administration, and the entire GISD Family, we wish Brad and Debra all the best and thank them for their tireless efforts on behalf of the student-athletes in Graham ISD.”

Dr. Rees indicated the District would first look inside of the system for a replacement. “We plan to interview internal candidates first before advertising the position,” Rees said. The District hopes to name a new coach by March 1st."

BullsFan
02-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Oh, they have GOT to already have someone in mind. No one hires a new HC in two weeks if they don't already know who they're hiring.

injuredinmelee
02-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
Oh, they have GOT to already have someone in mind. No one hires a new HC in two weeks if they don't already know who they're hiring.
very good.

Ranger Mom
02-10-2010, 04:41 PM
I know who I hope they hire!!!!:D

ccmom
02-10-2010, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I know who I hope they hire!!!!:D

I withdrew my name from consideration, RM. ;)

Ranger Mom
02-10-2010, 04:56 PM
I withdrew my name from consideration, RM. ;)

Well darn!!:mad:

Z-RO
02-10-2010, 05:13 PM
Looks like he did have some comments....

http://texomashomepage.com/content/fulltext/?cid=75471

Well I guess it is better late then never.

Im pretty sure that was a smoke screen for "we are going to hire from within, but I am going to actually make this sound like we are going to give outsiders a shot".

ccmom
02-10-2010, 05:25 PM

8:37am the day after the resignation doesn't seem "late" to me, but then again...I just like to argue with you! :p

grahampaw
02-10-2010, 05:34 PM

Im pretty sure that was a smoke screen for "we are going to hire from within, but I am going to actually make this sound like we are going to give outsiders a shot". :clap: :clap: :clap: Whats up Z-Ro,how does redemption feel.

Z-RO
02-10-2010, 05:37 PM
I dont know, let me ask my level 2 source ;)

:thumbsup:

Z-RO
02-10-2010, 05:42 PM
8:37am the day after the resignation doesn't seem "late" to me, but then again...I just like to argue with you! :p

Well I read some where (cant remember where) that he didnt respond for comment in regards to the situation, so at some point or another he wasnt ready to address the public and had to come up with something between then and the present.

Dogman_1969
02-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Go HH............

LE Dad
02-10-2010, 06:48 PM
Wanted: Head Coach... Preferably with kicking experience, apply at Graham ISD.:thinking:

There that should do.:D

TheDOCTORdre
02-10-2010, 06:50 PM
I have a level 3.14 source telling me that Sandifer is looking at Graham:D

steerz2010
02-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Wanted: Head Coach... Preferably with kicking experience, apply at Graham ISD.:thinking:

There that should do.:D :iagree: :p

Daddy D 11
02-10-2010, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by grahampaw
:clap: :clap: :clap: Whats up Z-Ro,how does redemption feel.

About as good as losing in the state game...

:devil:

steerz2010
02-10-2010, 07:06 PM
About as good as losing in the state game...

:devil: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :crying: :foul:

Daddy D 11
02-10-2010, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by steerz2010
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :crying: :foul:

I've given yee Graham faithful too long of a break... it is time to pick up where I left off;) :p

injuredinmelee
02-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by grahampaw
:clap: :clap: :clap: Whats up Z-Ro,how does redemption feel. redemption??? Everyone in the State knew he was leaving just no one knew when.

Z-RO
02-10-2010, 07:40 PM
I did nail the whole agent/consultant thing though

injuredinmelee
02-10-2010, 07:45 PM
I did nail the whole agent/consultant thing though you did but trust me lots of people knew that months ago... lol

grahampaw
02-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
you did but trust me lots of people knew that months ago... lol You might be right, but Z-Ro caught hell for saying it back in the playoffs.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-10-2010, 08:48 PM
Here is Brad McCoy's latest interview with the local news. I caught this earlier today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0&feature=related

Inmateboss
02-10-2010, 10:37 PM
Did I ever say he should have done it during the season?

However, if you consider that public "unintentional" roasting of Grahams kicker at the sports banquet giving him his "kudo's" our opinions must vary differently. McCoy shouldnt have even mentioned him missing that kick during the state game, poor kid.

As President of the Graham Athletic Booster Club I feel I should set the record straight. You are once again "WRONG", in your post. If you would do your own research instead of going to your so called level "2" source, you would stand a better chance of being right every now and then. As it stands you are just making a fool of yourself, in front of those people that do know the difference! If coach McCoy had felt the need to point a finger of fault at anyone, he would have pointed it at himself!!! Coach McCoy neaver said anything about our kicker during the Banquet. YOU need to contact your "LEVEL 2" source and have "it" buy you a copy of the whole Banquet, it's on DVD for $5.00. But hey, you were probably there and know the truth already!!!:mad:

westcoast54
02-10-2010, 11:17 PM
If they don't hire from within, will they look towards Wichita Falls for a replacement?

Daddy D 11
02-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Heard Gilmer's coach is applying...

LE Dad
02-10-2010, 11:36 PM
Heard Gilmer's coach is applying... I heard they were looking for a Slot T guy.:devil:

Daddy D 11
02-10-2010, 11:37 PM
I heard they were looking for a Slot T guy.:devil:

Good get him outta here:D

Z-RO
02-11-2010, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
As President of the Graham Athletic Booster Club I feel I should set the record straight. You are once again "WRONG", in your post. If you would do your own research instead of going to your so called level "2" source, you would stand a better chance of being right every now and then. As it stands you are just making a fool of yourself, in front of those people that do know the difference! If coach McCoy had felt the need to point a finger of fault at anyone, he would have pointed it at himself!!! Coach McCoy neaver said anything about our kicker during the Banquet. YOU need to contact your "LEVEL 2" source and have "it" buy you a copy of the whole Banquet, it's on DVD for $5.00. But hey, you were probably there and know the truth already!!!:mad:

So he didnt tell the kicker in front of everybody "I dont blame you for us losing that game" or something to that effect? I call BS on your part. Of course as the "President" I am sure it is your job to come on here and calm things down. However, how many other school presidents do you see coming on here and announcing some of the crap that you have spewed off, or for that matter ANYTHING at all?

Z-RO
02-11-2010, 01:05 AM
Oh, and just like he started at the higher end of the roster and worked his way down so he could publically glorify his son to the public one last time? I know a lot more then what you give me credit for.

Z-RO
02-11-2010, 01:16 AM
I’m going to leave this topic alone (Brad McCoy) for good with this 1 last McCoy vent. Over the time McCoy has been at Graham he has done a lot for the program overall, however, he has always put family first within the football program even if it was not in the best interest of the team. I’m talking all the way back to when his middle son was playing WR for the Steers. If you want any further details just shoot me a PM and I will give up the goods. The fact of the matter is I was right when I mentioned this stuff before the season and even during the playoffs. Inmateboss you are truly a fool IF you believe the stuff he tries to sell, Brad McCoy would be a GREAT used car dealer…I’m out

cotulla
02-11-2010, 10:59 AM
These kids are probably confused - come on they are teenagers! Find me one that's not confused! haha

135 student athletes at Graham High School?? Geez, I thought a 3A school would have more athletes than that. Wasn't he athletic director?

Inmateboss
02-11-2010, 12:36 PM
Oh, and just like he started at the higher end of the roster and worked his way down so he could publically glorify his son to the public one last time? I know a lot more then what you give me credit for.

I'm starting to get the feeling that you may not like Coach McCoy?? If my son was the QB and lead his TEAM to a state Championship game, well... I guess I would be willing to hold him pretty high up myself. Thats just from a dads stand point. Don't get me wrong by anymeans, Coach McCoy has made some calls that many including myself were jaw dropped over! But over all he is a dang good coach and I sure did hope he would stay so my son could play under his direction. Like him or not, thats your choice, our kids are the ones that will lose the most by McCoy leaving. They respcted him and played their hearts out for him, I think our record clearly showed that!! I wish him well, and know he instilled that winning spirit in the coaching staff he leaves behind! I hope the new coach will be more to your liking so you can be more of a sail for our town than an anchor! God Bless

Sweetwater Red
02-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
I'm starting to get the feeling that you may not like Coach McCoy?? If my son was the QB and lead his TEAM to a state Championship game, well... I guess I would be willing to hold him pretty high up myself. Thats just from a dads stand point. Don't get me wrong by anymeans, Coach McCoy has made some calls that many including myself were jaw dropped over! But over all he is a dang good coach and I sure did hope he would stay so my son could play under his direction. Like him or not, thats your choice, our kids are the ones that will lose the most by McCoy leaving. They respcted him and played their hearts out for him, I think our record clearly showed that!! I wish him well, and know he instilled that winning spirit in the coaching staff he leaves behind! I hope the new coach will be more to your liking so you can be more of a sail for our town than an anchor! God Bless

:clap: :) :clap:

Inmateboss
02-11-2010, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by cotulla
These kids are probably confused - come on they are teenagers! Find me one that's not confused! haha

135 student athletes at Graham High School?? Geez, I thought a 3A school would have more athletes than that. Wasn't he athletic director?

Graham is not very big, maybe 8-9000!! But were big in heart! By the way, I use to spend lot's of time in Dime Box. Nice little town, we use to hang out at a place called the OFT, good little spot to try and figure out lifes problems!!!

Ragin Red
02-11-2010, 01:10 PM
So he didnt tell the kicker in front of everybody "I dont blame you for us losing that game" or something to that effect? I call BS on your part. Of course as the "President" I am sure it is your job to come on here and calm things down. However, how many other school presidents do you see coming on here and announcing some of the crap that you have spewed off, or for that matter ANYTHING at all? I have something to say about this. I have a couple of boys that would've played for him and I will say I'm disappointed that they won't have that chance. I hope that we will be able to retain the coaching staff and keep moving forward the same direction as before. I was at that banquet and did not here anything that would have been misconstrued to the point of bashing any young man in the program. Good luck to Coach McCoy and his family in all they do in the future. Good luck to the Graham Steers and their future.:D

Z-RO
02-11-2010, 01:23 PM
1 name: Cody Stansell.

If it makes you feel any better RR I have always said I thought Brad McCoy would be a better coach after all of his kids graduated. Guess we will never know.