PDA

View Full Version : I warned you guys about Cribs

rockdale80
02-09-2010, 04:31 PM
Time for everyone to get worked up and hate those crazy crib makers. Perhaps we should outlaw them as well since they attack and kill innocent children. The only good crib is a dead crib. :)

500,000 cribs recalled after 3 deaths
Hardware on drop-side cribs can break, create deadly gap

updated 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
WASHINGTON - Government safety officials Tuesday announced a recall of more than 500,000 drop-side cribs sold at Buy Buy Baby, Kmart, Wal-Mart and other stores after the death of three infants.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission says plastic hardware on Generation 2 Worldwide and ChildESIGNS cribs can break and allow the drop side to detach. In addition, the mattress supports can break away from the crib frames. Both defects create gaps where a small child can be trapped and suffocate or strangle.

The agency has received three reports of children who died after getting trapped in gaps between the drop sides of their cribs and their mattresses.

An 8-month-old boy from Newark, Ohio, suffocated in July 2007 after the drop side of his crib detached due to a broken stop tab on the lower track. An 8-month-old boy from Richmond, Ind., suffocated in October 2003 after broken hardware allowed the drop side to detach from his crib's headboard in one corner. A 6-month-old boy from Staunton, Va., suffocated in September 2002 after two missing screws allowed the lower drop side track of his crib to pull away from the headboard post.

The CPSC has received 20 other reports of incidents involving detached drop sides and eight reports of incidents involving detached mattress supports.

The cribs were made by Generation 2 Worldwide, which went out of business in 2005. The CPSC believes that more than 500,000 cribs were sold. They were available nationwide at furniture and other stores, including Buy Buy Baby, Kmart, Wal-Mart.

Crib owners should contact the place of purchase for information on remedies including refunds, replacements and store credit. CPSC says owners should contact the agency if they have difficulty getting a remedy.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35315984/ns/health-kids_and_parenting

Sweetwater Red
02-09-2010, 04:41 PM
I think I'm gonna take a drink every time pitbulls are mentioned in
this thread. Hopefully it won't get closed before I get drunk. :thinking:

rockdale80
02-09-2010, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

:devil:

STANG RED
02-09-2010, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls

Ok, theres 36 for ya Red. Have fun.:D

Sweetwater Red
02-09-2010, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls pitbulls

Ok, theres 36 for ya Red. Have fun.:D

Woo Hoo! Thanks friend!:D

Now I just gotta wait 'til 5:30. :mad:

injuredinmelee
02-09-2010, 05:51 PM
I sometimes want to punch babies when i watch MTV Cribs.

waterboy
02-09-2010, 05:53 PM
:wave: I was here just in case this thread gets closed!:D

Trashman
02-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by waterboy

DITTO!:D

TheDOCTORdre
02-09-2010, 09:14 PM

thats my line... i think I have started a trend

Sweetwater Red
02-09-2010, 09:36 PM
It is your line Dre. Now I'm gonna add to injured's line.

I sometimes wanna punch posters when they steal another poster's schtick! :mad:

Now come on people. Where are mustang04 and BBDE when you need them?
I'm on #34 and need a few more "Killer man eating dog" references.

Footballhudini
02-10-2010, 05:55 AM
I'm not a big fan of cribs nor pitbulls. anyone who has either of these items should be put to death.

Footballhudini
02-10-2010, 05:56 AM
I think it's safer to just get a pet lion tbh

Ranger Mom
02-10-2010, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
thats my line... i think I have started a trend

It only means something when you say it Dr. Dre.

Take it as a compliment....when anyone else says it, they just look like a "wannabe!!":D

Just for you Red.......Pitbulls are the Debil!!!

waterboy
02-10-2010, 09:00 AM
I think they should make pitbulls prisoners in these defective cribs until the cribs kill them. Either that, or they should just ban them both.....:D

GreenMonster
02-10-2010, 11:11 AM
I think they should make pitbulls prisoners in these defective cribs until the cribs kill them. Either that, or they should just ban them both.....:D

Pitbulls are dirty filthy killers and should all be executed and maimed in the same fashion in which they themselves kill and maim babies in these dangereous drop side cribs.