PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow's Super Bowl Commercial

Phil C
02-09-2010, 11:44 AM
See Below. I wonder what the fuss was all about.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college/2010/02/watch-tim-tebows-controversial-super-bowl-ad.html

I apologize if this has been posted.

PPSTATEBOUND
02-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Looked fine with me.

Buckeye1980
02-09-2010, 01:31 PM
Must have missed it , I was gettin some Doritos and a Coke....and my son threatened me to keep mmy hands off his Doritos!

bobcat4life
02-09-2010, 02:09 PM
I really didnt see anything controversial about it

NateDawg39
02-09-2010, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
I really didnt see anything controversial about it he hit his mom...thats abuse...i am offended by that:mad:

gatordaze
02-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
he hit his mom...thats abuse...i am offended by that:mad:

Yep, rumor has it he really does not like her much. That should teach her a lesson

STANG RED
02-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Yah some stupid womens group is now claiming it promotes violence aginst women. However they have nothing to say about Betty White being laid out in that other commercial. I guess senior citizen women arent nearly as important to them.:doh:

NateDawg39
02-09-2010, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Yah some stupid womens group is now claiming it promotes violence aginst women. However they have nothing to say about Betty White being laid out in that other commercial. I guess senior citizen women arent nearly as important to them.:doh: The most I got out of it was that Tebow seems to be trying out for defense now...but dang his mom can take a hit ;)

Phantom Stang
02-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I wonder what the fuss was all about.

Just as you're supposed to IMO.

I think this is a case where the Focus On the Family folks played the news media like a fine fiddle.;)

Phantom Stang
02-09-2010, 02:33 PM
However they have nothing to say about Betty White being laid out in that other commercial.
True, but remember, the old man who played Fish on Barney Miller got flattened as well, so that made for "equality".:D

Ranger Mom
02-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Since I watched the game at my brother's house, we had pause time and skipped through all the commercials...this is the first time I have seen them.

I can't believe this is what all the controversy was about!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
02-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Just as you're supposed to IMO.

I think this is a case where the Focus On the Family folks played the news media like a fine fiddle.;)

I think you are exactly right!!

WAY TO GO!! Our "media" looks even "stupider" than normal!!!

STANG RED
02-09-2010, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
True, but remember, the old man who played Fish on Barney Miller got flattened as well, so that made for "equality".:D

LOL, yeah Abe Vegoda. Wasnt he also on Taxi, before Barney Miller?

Phantom Stang
02-09-2010, 03:21 PM
LOL, yeah Abe Vegoda. Wasnt he also on Taxi, before Barney Miller?
Don't think so. I looked at his bio, and it said he had his own show called Fish, but that was back in the days when I still had a life, so I didn't watch much TV.:D

carter08
02-09-2010, 07:31 PM
http://www.abevigoda.com/ffb.php

SintonPirateFan
02-09-2010, 07:47 PM
he tried to have Michael Corleone assassinated...

LE Dad
02-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
he tried to have Michael Corleone assassinated... Didn't he go "sleep with tha fishes":D

Pawdaddy
02-09-2010, 09:27 PM
For all of you guys and gals that seem to be uninformed, Tebow's mom had many problems during her pregnancy with Tim. She mentioned in the commercial that she almost lost him a number of times. The controversy came because she was told she should abort him during the pregnancy on several occasions.

This was a Focus on the Family commercial and it was intended to be a Pro-Life commercial. That is why the baby killers were upset. Oh, I hope that did not bother someone on this board! After all, how many more Heisman Trophy winners, cancer curers, etc. have been aborted?

Maybe that got it back to football so the moderators won't get their panties in a wad!

NateDawg39
02-09-2010, 09:31 PM
I sense a closing about to happen here :thinking:

TheDOCTORdre
02-09-2010, 09:31 PM
and I was here just in case:D

NateDawg39
02-09-2010, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
and I was here just in case:D Welcome aboard :D

Pawdaddy
02-09-2010, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I sense a closing about to happen here :thinking:

Was it the "abort" word or the "panties" referral?:cool:

LH Panther Mom
02-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Pawdaddy
Maybe that got it back to football so the moderators won't get their panties in a wad!
Well, I don't know who's supposed to have waddage, but it's not me!

Pawdaddy
02-09-2010, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Well, I don't know who's supposed to have waddage, but it's not me!

Mom, I promise I was not thinking of you. Heck, you were the first one that welcomed me to the board after my first few posts! I'm a fan!!!!

Pawdaddy
02-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Pawdaddy
Mom, I promise I was not thinking of you. Heck, you were the first one that welcomed me to the board after my first few posts! I'm a fan!!!!

And I forgot.......football, hut-hut, TD, first down, uhhhh........this is a football discussion.