PDA

View Full Version : Saints get lucky non call?

Txbroadcaster
02-08-2010, 07:07 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d81646e9e/SB-XLIV-Can-t-Miss-Play-Porter-seals-it

close to a block in the back

coach
02-08-2010, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d81646e9e/SB-XLIV-Can-t-Miss-Play-Porter-seals-it

thats what i said...if that was a kickoff or punt return they would have called it

Looking4number8
02-08-2010, 07:32 PM
We saw that last night but I actually think the no call gave the Colts more of a chance to win. If they call it, the Saints have the bal with 3 minutes to go and only have to get a couple of first downs, at least like this Manning got the ball back.. he drove down the field and put the ball in Reggie Waynes hands with 45 seconds to go.. If Wayne would not have had such an off night, the Colts try for an onsides and have a real chance to tie the game...

Another thing if you look at this video close, Collie (#17) was wide open, If Manning sees him, it was a sure first down

PhiI C
02-08-2010, 07:34 PM
The call should have been made but as was written it wouldn't necessarily have won the game for the Colts. The way that New Orleans was moving the ball they probably would have made a couple of first downs and ran out the clock.

Txbroadcaster
02-08-2010, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
We saw that last night but I actually think the no call gave the Colts more of a chance to win. If they call it, the Saints have the bal with 3 minutes to go and only have to get a couple of first downs, at least like this Manning got the ball back.. he drove down the field and put the ball in Reggie Waynes hands with 45 seconds to go.. If Wayne would not have had such an off night, the Colts try for an onsides and have a real chance to tie the game...

Another thing if you look at this video close, Collie (#17) was wide open, If Manning sees him, it was a sure first down

I disagree..they call it the Saints have the ball at around their own 40..Colts have all 3 timeouts ..it is not like the Saints had moved up and down the field on the Colts..and the TD made the colts have to score..get an onside kick..score again. without the score it is still a one score game

sinfan75
02-08-2010, 08:45 PM
There were alot of no-calls last night. Refs just let em play the game.

OLE'BULL
02-08-2010, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
There were alot of no-calls last night. Refs just let em play the game.

Which was nice to see! It was a quick game for the super bowl. Under 4 hours if I remember correctly. Now you know if that was a Longhorn game in Macks house, the player might have been ejected... HEHEHE

Blastoderm55
02-08-2010, 11:12 PM

I told everyone at work the game was fixed. This call, along with the very uncharacteristic play calling on the part of the Colts at the end of the first half just had me scratching my head. Three [conservative] run plays in a row really baffled me, especially considering how well the Colts had run the ball in the first quarter.

Daddy D 11
02-08-2010, 11:34 PM
I disagree..they call it the Saints have the ball at around their own 40..Colts have all 3 timeouts ..it is not like the Saints had moved up and down the field on the Colts..and the TD made the colts have to score..get an onside kick..score again. without the score it is still a one score game

False.

Txbroadcaster
02-08-2010, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
False.

how so?

navscanmaster
02-08-2010, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
I told everyone at work the game was fixed.

Exactly. Nothing against the Saints team, but there is no longer any excuse why they can't rebuild that town and shut up, five years later.

Daddy D 11
02-08-2010, 11:56 PM
how so?

Saints had 3 possessions in the second half.....

touchdown.
field goal.
touchdown.

They were going up and down the field.

False.

Txbroadcaster
02-09-2010, 01:16 AM
Saints had 3 possessions in the second half.....

touchdown.
field goal.
touchdown.

They were going up and down the field.

False.

I meant for the whole game..and those 3 scoring drives were all 59 yards and in...not like they were taking it 80 yards and just gutting the Colts with ease

And even if they were..I would still take my opponent being up by one score with under 4 mins to play and having the ball over my team having the ball but down 2 TDS

Daddy D 11
02-09-2010, 01:47 AM
they wouldn't have needed to gut them, just would have needed a few first downs.

I fully realize your point, and being down 7 is obviously better than 14 but in this case.. screw letting brees get back on the field! He had that offense smokin! The Colts D had proven they couldn't stop him after the half. I'd rather have it in my quarterbacks hands if I am the Colts than Brees, even if it's 14 points.

Txbroadcaster
02-09-2010, 01:49 AM
they wouldn't have needed to gut them, just would have needed a few first downs.

I fully realize your point, and being down 7 is obviously better than 14 but in this case.. screw letting brees get back on the field! He had that offense smokin! The Colts D had proven they couldn't stop him after the half. I'd rather have it in my quarterbacks hands if I am the Colts than Brees, even if it's 14 points.

If it was 5 mins left I am right there with you..or if the Colts could have scored without using a TO..but once they went past the 2 min warning AND used a TO that means they have to try an onside kick to get the ball back.

XtremeCouture
02-09-2010, 02:41 AM
i thought it was a good non-call. peyton took himself out of the play and just turned his back to the defender trying to block him. it would be so simple to play defense if all you had to do was turn your back to the guy blocking you at the last second and get a penalty called negating any big plays.

Farmersfan
02-09-2010, 09:19 AM
And it's not like Manning would have made a play on the runner anyway! At that point he was just looking for a place to hide.........