PDA

View Full Version : La Grange Giddings Manor Elgin

Pudlugger
09-22-2003, 06:56 PM
District 24 should be exciting this year. Manor is looking like a darkhorse champion but must beat Luling convincingly to make me stand up and take notice. Giddings is dangerous, they have a new coach and plenty of talent just itiching to regain the respect of the 2001 season and have 3 good wins going for them. Elgin looks like they are struggling. Lets see how they do against Rockdale, a traditional rival and middle of the pack team. La Grange is a big question mark. They have the talent, but will the coaches get the formula right before district? It will be interesting to watch! :cool:

tigerSville_04
09-22-2003, 07:32 PM
Hey man you forgot us Smithville and Hutto.

Pudlugger
09-22-2003, 08:00 PM
tigerSville_04:
Hey man you forgot us Smithville and Hutto.I really and truly hope Smithville has a win in District this year except against La Grange. Good luck and never give up. :mad:

<small>[ September 22, 2003, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

niceguy1986
09-22-2003, 10:12 PM
Yeah Hutto is 3-1 and we get no love =( Oh well, only time will come. If we go 4-1 going into district I like our chances, but who knows

Gobbla2001
09-22-2003, 10:28 PM
I've seen LG teams start off slow the last few years, they always seem to find their groove... I'm sure this season won't be any different...

MiddleB
09-22-2003, 11:04 PM
I don't think that we should give up on hutto yet they might come out and suprise the teams that underestmate them. I think there will be a lot of close games and last min. wins. I can't wait for district games to start. But we still have luling before, so i can't get ahead to far yet! Dose anyone know who elgin plays next?

lepfan
09-22-2003, 11:14 PM
I don't think any team should be "given up" on. You never know what will happen. I think LG is taking all opponents serious. Never assume anything!

Pudlugger
09-23-2003, 12:59 AM
lepfan:
I don't think any team should be "given up" on. You never know what will happen. I think LG is taking all opponents serious. Never assume anything!That's right LepFan no one is forgetting Hutto. It will be interesting to see how they do against Luling also. Luling will be sort of a barometer for Manor and Hutto this year. Let's see how these teams do against a solid 3a team like Luling. :)

Pudlugger
09-23-2003, 01:05 AM
Gobbla2001:
I've seen LG teams start off slow the last few years, they always seem to find their groove... I'm sure this season won't be any different...This team is just two turnovers shy of a 4-0 record. But we turned the ball over so we are 2-2 instead. They will get lots better , already have actually. It will be interesting to see how they do against Hempstead Friday at Homecoming. I think they have some pent up frustration that might just find a way out in a high scoring blow out. Wait and see I guess. :)

Wildcat81
09-23-2003, 01:10 AM
GOOD LUCK in your district

IBRINGTHEHAT
09-23-2003, 08:20 PM
Thanks for that too man, I'm ready to come out in play in LaGrange's Homecoming this week. Oh and Pudlugger the scouting report on your son says he is big and physical so I'm really excited about lining up across from him Friday night! I know I play at Hempstead but I'm always excited to go up against a quality team like the Leopards. I think it builds a lot of character for an individual in a situation like this.

oldlep27
09-24-2003, 12:36 PM
Not taking anything away from 88, but the other tight end is the one you should worry about.....Lance Schramm is not only big and strong, but hes fast too. I hope to see my old pal have a good game against old hempstead.
Good luck to both.

Pudlugger
09-24-2003, 05:20 PM
IBRINGTHEHAT:
Thanks for that too man, I'm ready to come out in play in LaGrange's Homecoming this week. Oh and Pudlugger the scouting report on your son says he is big and physical so I'm really excited about lining up across from him Friday night! I know I play at Hempstead but I'm always excited to go up against a quality team like the Leopards. I think it builds a lot of character for an individual in a situation like this.Ibringtheheat your post is very thoughtful and it is great to see a young man with such a mature attitude. It will serve you well in life. As for Hempstead, they are a team with real good athletes and coaching and the Leps certainly better not take them for granted. Good luck Friday night. Let's have a clean game with no injuries. :)

Pudlugger
09-24-2003, 05:24 PM
oldlep27:
Not taking anything away from 88, but the other tight end is the one you should worry about.....Lance Schramm is not only big and strong, but hes fast too. I hope to see my old pal have a good game against old hempstead.
Good luck to both.Hey Josh how's college life? Do you miss playing ball? You're quite right, #22 Schramm is very fast, tall with good hands and should be a concern for the Hempstead secondary. This team is starting to pull together and I think after the recent changes in the starting line-up folks will be pleasantly surprised. Good luck to you at A&M! :)

IBRINGTHEHAT
09-24-2003, 06:53 PM
Trust me we know about Schramm (I remember him from baseball season too!). The thing is I am the weak side end so I won't line up across from him very much Friday night. Pudlugger, I read alot of your posts too. Last year a guy made some comment about Hempstead sticking to basketball and watermelons and you talked about how much character we had and how without much depth we play hard, I really appreciated that. Thanks because that really meant alot to me. See you Friday night!

Pudlugger
09-24-2003, 09:09 PM
IBRINGTHEHAT:
Trust me we know about Schramm (I remember him from baseball season too!). The thing is I am the weak side end so I won't line up across from him very much Friday night. Pudlugger, I read alot of your posts too. Last year a guy made some comment about Hempstead sticking to basketball and watermelons and you talked about how much character we had and how without much depth we play hard, I really appreciated that. Thanks because that really meant alot to me. See you Friday night!Thanks IBTH, I really think the coaches and players at Hempstead are working hard to develop a good program. However,I was struck by the low attendance at the LG-Hempstead game last season. Here you have a good group of kids working so hard to make the town proud and a beautiful new stadium and less than 1000 people show up for the home team! Hopefully the community will start to support the team more. Probably it will take a few seasons and some wins over quality teams (hopefully not La Grange LOL) to get the fans back in.
:)

offensive coach
09-25-2003, 01:51 PM
This is how I see it will look at the end of the season.
1.Giddings 4-1
2.La Grange 3-2
3.Elgin 3-2
4.Manor 2-3
5.Hutto 2-3
6.Smithville 0-5 :D

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
09-25-2003, 02:26 PM
GIDDINGS ALL THE WAY.
Giddings 17
Cameron 14
for friday 27th. @ Giddings

Pudlugger
09-25-2003, 02:26 PM
offensive coach:
This is how I see it will look at the end of the season.
1.Giddings 4-1
2.La Grange 3-2
3.Elgin 3-2
4.Manor 2-3
5.Hutto 2-3
6.Smithville 0-5 :D My take:
1. La Grange 5-0
2.Giddings 4-1
3. Manor 3-2
4. Elgin 3-2
5.Hutto 1-4
6. Smithville 0-5
:)

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
09-25-2003, 02:33 PM
I hope Giddings can do good come district.
I think Giddings will be right behind LaGrange,
LaGrange 5-0
Giddings 4-1
Elgin 3-2
..... ...
..... ...

niceguy1986
09-25-2003, 04:12 PM
My prediction, please dont stomp on it, it's all in good fun
Giddings 4-1 Beats: Manor,La grange,Elgin, Smithvi
Manor 4-1 Beats: hutto,la grange,elgin,smith
hutto 3-2 Beats: giddings,elgin,smithville
la grange 3-2 Beats: hutto, elgin,smithville
Elgin 1-4 Beats: Smithville
smithville 0-5

Pudlugger
09-25-2003, 08:06 PM
niceguy1986:
My prediction, please dont stomp on it, it's all in good fun
Giddings 4-1 Beats: Manor,La grange,Elgin, Smithvi
Manor 4-1 Beats: hutto,la grange,elgin,smith
hutto 3-2 Beats: giddings,elgin,smithville
la grange 3-2 Beats: hutto, elgin,smithville
Elgin 1-4 Beats: Smithville
smithville 0-5ROFLMAO!!!!! :D :D :D

niceguy1986
09-25-2003, 10:54 PM
its called a prediction, if im right ill be sure to come back on here in a couple months and laugh in your face

lepfan
09-25-2003, 11:29 PM
"ROFLMAO"----- :p It is called an opinion...nobody laughing in anybody's face...just an opinion. Be nice, it is easier!

<small>[ September 25, 2003, 11:31 PM: Message edited by: lepfan ]</small>

niceguy1986
09-26-2003, 12:15 AM
LOL, i just looked at what i posted, and I did not mean for it to sound that way, im saing if im right at the end im gonna be laughing haha, should be a great year in district, good luck to everyone in 24 3a today

Mustang '89
09-26-2003, 01:01 AM
Pudlugger
Manor is looking like a darkhorse champion but must beat Luling convincingly to make me stand up and take notice. I could not agree with you more. Manor has been able to beat up on 4A Austin schools that are traditionally "weak". Luling will be the first real test that Manor has had all season. But I also think that if they go into Luling and come out with a "W", those teams in 24AAA that were counting Manor as an easy win might need to take another look.

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
09-26-2003, 09:15 AM
CAMERON VS GIDDINGS
GIDDINGS 17
CAMERON 14
GO BUFFS GO

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
09-26-2003, 10:53 AM
Hope Giddings can get a win tonight..................
Giddings 17
Cameron 14,
Good Luck Giddings.
Go Buffs Go.

buffalo booster
09-26-2003, 11:01 AM
Yo, Luis, good to see your name again...

This district is balanced this year. I can't see anybody running the table. Since opinions are like.........and, everbody's got one, here's mine:

Giddings (4-1) -- beats La Grange at Giddings, but loses to either Manor or Elgin on the road.
La Grange (4-1) -- loses only to the Buffs.
Manor (3-2)
Elgin (3-2)
Hutto (1-4)
Smithville (0-5)

The winner of the Manor v. Elgin games goes as the 3rd place team. Hate to "predict" another 0-5 year for Smithville. Lot of good kids down there who work hard and deserve a "W." But, the rest of the district looks too good this year.

gochargers!!
09-26-2003, 11:20 AM
Yeah....the BUFFS pretty much rock the party that rocks the pinata.