PDA

View Full Version : Manning did not shake hands

NateDawg39
02-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Is he a poor sport for leaving without shaking hands?

coach
02-08-2010, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39

i heard they werelooking for each other but it was to wild and crazy so they both went their own ways

eagles_victory
02-08-2010, 04:22 PM
People sure wanted to jump all over Lebron when he didn't so while I don't think its a big deal Peyton should recieve the same treatment.

NateDawg39
02-08-2010, 04:29 PM
In my opinion, it should not be a big deal for anyone to have left without shaking hands. Manning puts his heart and soul into his game and losing the way they did makes it that much harder. I know the Saints players don't give a crap about shaking hands and no other SB winner would really care. They just want to touch that trophy and wear the hat and T's. Sure a congratulatory shake would have looked nice but I doubt it is the main thing they look forward to after the game

3afan
02-08-2010, 04:42 PM
no big deal ... now if someone were to come up to Peyton (or anyone) and offer their hand & they refused, that would be more of a big deal

ziggy29
02-08-2010, 04:45 PM
I think it was silly when people jumped on LeBron, and it's silly here.

For one thing, if you're really disappointed you may not want to stick around and let it show. For another, the Saints won the Super Bowl and the postgame was about them, not about Manning or any of the other Colts.

Why would we single out Manning and not the other Colts players who do the same? Is there an unwritten "special rule" for the starting QBs or for the "stars" of an NBA team such as LeBron?

NateDawg39
02-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29
I think it was silly when people jumped on LeBron, and it's silly here.

For one thing, if you're really disappointed you may not want to stick around and let it show. For another, the Saints won the Super Bowl and the postgame was about them, not about Manning or any of the other Colts.

Why would we single out Manning and not the other Colts players who do the same? Is there an unwritten "special rule" for the starting QBs or for the "stars" of an NBA team such as LeBron? He is singled out because he is the star of the team, the captain, the commercial guy....

DDBooger
02-08-2010, 04:52 PM
Manning is a thug:rolleyes: :D

Sweetwater Red
02-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Manning is a thug:rolleyes: :D

Maybe the Saturday Night Live skit wasn't so far from the truth.:thinking: :D

Old Tiger
02-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
People sure wanted to jump all over Lebron when he didn't so while I don't think its a big deal Peyton should recieve the same treatment. Its cause he's white.

Maroon87
02-08-2010, 05:01 PM
I've heard a few players from Super Bowl losing teams talk about how it's next to impossible to shake hands any longer than 30 seconds after the game is over because the NFL wants to get the stage set up for the trophy presentation, and the losing team is basically kicked off the field.

Ex-Tiger2005
02-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39

He played it off cool on ESPN. Personally i do not think its that big of a deal.

BaTmAn24
02-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Not a big deal at all. Brees was very content with his family by his side. I'm sure he didn't mind it one bit while he was holding the Lombardi trophy.

Gobbler Fan
02-08-2010, 05:38 PM
:bigcry: << Mannings demeanor has always been one of a spoiled obnoxious better than thou brat .

eagles_victory
02-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Now I have a huge problem with kids who don't shake hands at the high school level but that is a different situation because the teams line up and shake hands and to me when you dont do it at the high school ranks thats like someone sticking their hand out and you refusing to shake it.

Emerson1
02-08-2010, 06:11 PM
I read he came to the locker room after.

3afan
02-08-2010, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
:bigcry: << Mannings demeanor has always been one of a spoiled obnoxious better than thou brat .

what?

Gobbler Fan
02-08-2010, 06:41 PM
Its always been my oppinion of Manning ...

He has always been put on a pedestal by the media and his pr guys have done a great job ... but in reality him throwing the towel after his kicker missed a fg that was out of his range showed his true colors . Maybe if he could have driven them closer and put the kicker in a better situation to make the FG .

No one's asking him to buy dinner for the Saints. It's called showing respect. I myself hope he enjoyed that humble pie after throwing that pick 6 .

Txbroadcaster
02-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Its always been my oppinion of Manning ...

He has always been put on a pedestal by the media and his pr guys have done a great job ... but in reality him throwing the towel after his kicker missed a fg that was out of his range showed his true colors . Maybe if he could have driven them closer and put the kicker in a better situation to make the FG .

No one's asking him to buy dinner for the Saints. It's called showing respect. I myself hope he enjoyed that humble pie after throwing that pick 6 .

So he is not allowed to be frustrated that his team did not score?

He also said when the SB is over it is the winning team's field and he feels they deserve to be on it to celebrate alone...He called Brees btw last night to congratulate him

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-08-2010, 09:24 PM
People will just find anything to get pissed off about. He's a professional athlete, if you don't like him or the things he does, then don't support him, but don't try to say things about the man that aren't true.

zebrablue2
02-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
People will just find anything to get pissed off about. He's a professional athlete, if you don't like him or the things he does, then don't support him, but don't try to say things about the man that aren't true.

well put BBDE:iagree:

Gobbler Fan
02-08-2010, 10:45 PM
I rest my case...
;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPc6Dxq12t4&NR=1

Txbroadcaster
02-08-2010, 11:32 PM
I rest my case...
;)

funny how sideline arguments can be used for or agianst a player depending on if you like them or not.

DDBooger
02-09-2010, 12:29 AM
I rest my case...
;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPc6Dxq12t4&NR=1 you can probably see that on every sideline of every game, every year. LOL so silly.

The game isn't played in a shaolin temple.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-09-2010, 02:43 AM
I don't see what is so wrong with the video. These are grown men with pride, and in football you're playing with guys who have a lot of it. You tell them they can't do something, they're going to want to do it. You get in their face about it and make them feel embarrassed, they will want to rectify the situation. Of course it is expected for people to get upset about this and take it the wrong way if they haven't been in that moment and seen that. Pride is one of the things that keeps you going in football, beyond a doubt.

Phil C
02-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Much ado about nothing.

Phil C
02-09-2010, 11:49 AM
I rest my case...
;)

I bet the one that posted this on youtube hasn't contributed 1% to charities of the amount Mr. Manning has.

Maroon87
02-09-2010, 11:53 AM
I rest my case...
;)

Good thing you're not a lawyer.:doh:

bandera7
02-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Option 1: Look at how big of a jerk Peyton Manning is. He clearly does not care a bit about his own teammates, and just cares about his own PR and his own statistics. He called out his center in front of the other teammates. What a mean person.

Option 2: It is evident how much he cares about the game and winning. His passion is shown by the way he approaches one of the best centers to ever play the game and calls him out in front of his teammates. Manning undoubtedly holds himself to a higher standard as well and would allow the same to happen to him if roles were reversed.

Phil C
02-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
Option 1: Look at how big of a jerk Peyton Manning is. He clearly does not care a bit about his own teammates, and just cares about his own PR and his own statistics. He called out his center in front of the other teammates. What a mean person.

Option 2: It is evident how much he cares about the game and winning. His passion is shown by the way he approaches one of the best centers to ever play the game and calls him out in front of his teammates. Manning undoubtedly holds himself to a higher standard as well and would allow the same to happen to him if roles were reversed.

One thing for the center that must be pointed out he didn't throw that interception that Manning threw and Manning wasn't rushed that bad on that play.