PDA

View Full Version : Would the Saints still be

Txbroadcaster
02-08-2010, 02:41 PM
the great team of city builders if they had been an average team since the hurricane?

I LOVE what they did and love how it has helped the city, but I also think the only reason it has helped the city is because they have won.

Would all that hope they supposedly give the city be there if the Saints were 8-8?

It seems like in 07 and last year when they were 9-7 and 8-8 not as much was made of the great city building Saints...but in 06 when they won and this year they are back to being the team that raised the city back up

Daddy D 11
02-08-2010, 02:57 PM
This is not directed at anyone, it's just a thought. I don't see how the Saints winning the super bowl has "brought the city back" or "brought hope back" or whatever it might be?

I mean is someone's boss today going to be like, "Billy Joe, since the Saints won the super bowl last night I'm going to double your hourly wage". I mean come on, it's cool and all and it gives them something to smile about but if you still are out of a job.... guess what, now you are a little happier but still out of a job. I just don't see what benefit, if any it has for the people of New Orleans. Crack heads are still gonna run around Bourbon Street and crime is still going to be as bad as ever. Winning the Super Bowl stops none of those things.

ziggy29
02-08-2010, 02:59 PM
I'd simply say that it's something to cheer about for a city that hadn't had much to cheer about for a while.

Daddy D 11
02-08-2010, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29
I'd simply say that it's something to cheer about for a city that hadn't had much to cheer about for a while.

But what does having something to cheer about do? Doesn't help a damn thing, just gives you something to "do" in a sense.

ziggy29
02-08-2010, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
But what does having something to cheer about do? Doesn't help a damn thing, just gives you something to "do" in a sense.
A diversion, something to feel good about, even if its effects won't be lasting. it won't "save" NO in any way, but there's nothing wrong with a little joy in a place that's seen a lot of misery.

NateDawg39
02-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
But what does having something to cheer about do? Doesn't help a damn thing, just gives you something to "do" in a sense. Sometimes that is all we need in life. The human soul is easily shattered and not easily mended. A little cheer helps for a short time but it is worth that short time especially after the last few years they have had nothing to cheer about

Daddy D 11
02-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29
A diversion, something to feel good about, even if its effects won't be lasting. it won't "save" NO in any way, but there's nothing wrong with a little joy in a place that's seen a lot of misery.

I completely agree. I just get tired of the media proclaiming New Orleans is saved or it's a "new" city now, etc. When in reality every problem that existed yesterday still does today. People are not going to be "inspired" by this. It's just reason to get hammered and act like a fool even more than normal.

HEMOTOXIC
02-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Sometimes that is all we need in life. The human soul is easily shattered and not easily mended. A little cheer helps for a short time but it is worth that short time especially after the last few years they have had nothing to cheer about

:iagree:
From an emotional aspect, I agree. I live in Houston and I work with many people who are from New Orleans or the great NO area. I am really happy for them. If some of you only know what the Saints mean to that city. Even before winning the SB, the Saints were all that they knew and loved.