PDA

View Full Version : Drew Brees--Class Act

Bullaholic
02-08-2010, 12:15 PM
The more I see of Drew Brees, the more I like him. Not only a great team leader, good player, and New Orleans civic activist/philanthropist, but a good man and devoted, loving father as well. Makes me proud to call him a native Texas son. We could use more like him.

Farmersfan
02-08-2010, 01:01 PM
The shot of him and his infant child after the game brought tears to my eyes!

Bullaholic
02-08-2010, 01:07 PM
http://www.pcpros-tx.com/brees.jpg

PhiI C
02-08-2010, 01:13 PM
I agree Bull. I just wish he would pay tribute to his late mother Mina who was a classmate of mine in Freer before they moved to Portland. I think it was a family argument thing but she has passed and if nothing else she gave him life and raised him.

BwdLions
02-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Drew Brees does seem to be a really nice person. On the other hand, Jeremy Shockley seems to be one of the biggest jerks on the planet. Of course, that just my opinion. :D

Ranger Mom
02-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Drew Brees does seem to be a really nice person. On the other hand, Jeremy Shockley seems to be one of the biggest jerks on the planet. Of course, that just my opinion. :D

X2

44INAROW
02-08-2010, 02:15 PM

dang, what did I miss?

Keith7
02-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
http://www.pcpros-tx.com/brees.jpg

BARF! there were about 50 of these on the AP wire lastnight

Bullaholic
02-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
BARF! there were about 50 of these on the AP wire lastnight

I would agree, Keith, if Brees had been just pandering to the cameras---but I don't think there is any doubt about the sincerity and love of a father for his son in this picture.

Rule #76
02-08-2010, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
I agree Bull. I just wish he would pay tribute to his late mother Mina who was a classmate of mine in Freer before they moved to Portland. I think it was a family argument thing but she has passed and if nothing else she gave him life and raised him.

I think there was more to their falling out than just one argument. Watched a story one night on tv that talked about it. She was using his name in commercials to promote something w/out his knowledge. Don't quote me but I'm pretty sure it was an ugly deal.

Keith7
02-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I would agree, Keith, if Brees had been just pandering to the cameras---but I don't think there is any doubt about the sincerity and love of a father for his son in this picture.

Yea its a cool picture. There was one even better last night where he was holding his son up like a trophy while the confetti fell on him.

I wonder if he did the same thing in the delivery room? :thinking:

BullsFan
02-08-2010, 02:34 PM
On the other hand, Jeremy Shockley seems to be one of the biggest jerks on the planet. Of course, that just my opinion. :D

The one fly in the ointment last night was that Shockey gets a ring. UGH. Can't stand him.

NateDawg39
02-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
The one fly in the ointment last night was that Shockey gets a ring. UGH. Can't stand him. He doesnt seem as bad as he was with the Giants.

BullsFan
02-08-2010, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
He doesnt seem as bad as he was with the Giants.

Unfortunately I think his classless behavior with the Giants has turned me permanently off when it comes to him on any NFL team.

NateDawg39
02-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
Unfortunately I think his classless behavior with the Giants has turned me permanently off when it comes to him on any NFL team. True, but I remember a story about him going to NO and he stated how unhappy he was with the Giants and how welcome he felt with NO. Maybe he is the same, im not sure but I remember when he was in NY he had a real bad attitude on the field. He seemed more relaxed last night

ziggy29
02-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Rule #76
I think there was more to their falling out than just one argument. Watched a story one night on tv that talked about it. She was using his name in commercials to promote something w/out his knowledge. Don't quote me but I'm pretty sure it was an ugly deal.
Not to speak ill of the dead, but there is more to the Mina Brees story than that.

She also got herself into a lot of trouble in trying to shake down Houston-area businesses for the right to continue to use the name they were using to do business.

Once this story leaked, it wasn't long after that she reportedly committed suicide.

If he could have worked something in that was sincere, that would have been nice. But it sounds like she burned some bridges and went a little rogue at the end.

BullsFan
02-08-2010, 02:50 PM
True, but I remember a story about him going to NO and he stated how unhappy he was with the Giants and how welcome he felt with NO. Maybe he is the same, im not sure but I remember when he was in NY he had a real bad attitude on the field. He seemed more relaxed last night

Character speaks no matter how much you don't like your situation. There have been a lot of guys in the NFL who weren't or aren't where they want to be ideally. Very few handle it the way Shockey did. We'll see how long he likes his sitch in NO, although the ring probably helps mitigate anything that might come up there.

themsu97
02-08-2010, 03:07 PM
not to mention that the Saints are 15-0 this year with him in the lineup

Maroon87
02-08-2010, 03:41 PM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f324/bigtexan0/breeswithson.jpg

I love this pic.:cool:

NateDawg39
02-08-2010, 04:14 PM
thats the pic!!

Keith7
02-08-2010, 04:27 PM
thats the pic!!

yep that's the one! Theres also a side view of him holding his son and it looks like he is trying to eat him

NateDawg39
02-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
yep that's the one! Theres also a side view of him holding his son and it looks like he is trying to eat him It will probably be one of those self motivational posters one day

95mustang
02-08-2010, 04:57 PM
True, but I remember a story about him going to NO and he stated how unhappy he was with the Giants and how welcome he felt with NO. Maybe he is the same, im not sure but I remember when he was in NY he had a real bad attitude on the field. He seemed more relaxed last night

He also kept his mouth shut all week. Has he changed or has the N.O. coaching staff got him on a choke collar? :thinking:

Keith7
02-08-2010, 06:47 PM
It will probably be one of those self motivational posters one day

About not eating babies?

PhiI C
02-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29
Not to speak ill of the dead, but there is more to the Mina Brees story than that.

She also got herself into a lot of trouble in trying to shake down Houston-area businesses for the right to continue to use the name they were using to do business.

Once this story leaked, it wasn't long after that she reportedly committed suicide.

If he could have worked something in that was sincere, that would have been nice. But it sounds like she burned some bridges and went a little rogue at the end.

Thank you ziggy for the information. I don't know how I didn't hear about the suicide and no one else locally did either. I knew there were legal troubles but I thought the death was natural. This makes it a harder pill to endure. I did research and found a recent article that it was ruled a suicide. It also said Drew wanted to keep his grief and other matters about his mother private and I can understand that. I didn't know it was a suicide. Things must be ok with her parents and brother and sister because Drew was at the Gregorpy-Portland game day when they honored his grandfather.

After this I will keep my opinions on the matter to myself. It tears me up. I knew her in high school as I wrote before she went to Gregory-Portland. The last I saw of her was in the later 60s before she was to go to college. This is a rough thing to endure. It was bad enough knowing it was natural causes but the suicide makes it much worse. My apologies for not knowing the facts and putting an inappropriate remark on Drew. :(