PDA

View Full Version : Way to go Dallas Cowboys!

PhiI C
02-08-2010, 12:20 AM
We beat the Super Bowl champions! One of only 2 teams to do so. And we won it by beating them. No resting starters by the Saints like the Colts did. I salute the Saints for that and it is justice that they won the Super Bowl. The City and State deserved it after the big hurricane a few years ago.

Keith7
02-08-2010, 12:26 AM
YAY!! GOO COWGIRLS!! You, the Saints and Panthers are world champions!! Great job! LOL

WOS87
02-08-2010, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
YAY!! GOO COWGIRLS!! You, the Saints and Panthers are world champions!! Great job! LOL

Bitter party of 1 much?

:D

eagles_victory
02-08-2010, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
Bitter party of 1 much?

:D If the team you constantly bagged on beat your team 3 times and got sent them to their local golf courses wouldn't you be bitter as well?

Keith7
02-08-2010, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
If the team you constantly bagged on beat your team 3 times and got sent them to their local golf courses wouldn't you be bitter as well?

Congratulations! The Cowgirls made it one round further than the Eagles! Your prize: a worst draft pick, the inability to sign free agents in the best off season to do so and another year with same ole wade! How happy the turd lovers must be

WOS87
02-08-2010, 01:57 AM
Congratulations! The Cowgirls made it one round further than the Eagles! Your prize: a worst draft pick, the inability to sign free agents in the best off season to do so and another year with same ole wade! How happy the turd lovers must be

and how bitter you seem to be... What would actually make you happy is what I'm wondering.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a positive/nonsarcastic post from you ever

eagles_victory
02-08-2010, 02:13 AM
and how bitter you seem to be... What would actually make you happy is what I'm wondering.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a positive/nonsarcastic post from you ever really sad actually

NateDawg39
02-08-2010, 08:15 AM

I'm not sure I've ever seen a positive/nonsarcastic post from you ever He needs a girlfriend in his life....or just the ability to talk to women :p

Pick6
02-08-2010, 09:21 AM

I'm not sure I've ever seen a positive/nonsarcastic post from you ever

If every team you rooted for sucked, his high school team, his college team, his pro football team and pro baseball team, wouldn't you be unhappy all the time also? Remember the old saying, you are what you run with, well, Keith runs with teams that suck so :thinking:

Farmersfan
02-08-2010, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
We beat the Super Bowl champions! One of only 2 teams to do so. And we won it by beating them. No resting starters by the Saints like the Colts did. I salute the Saints for that and it is justice that they won the Super Bowl. The City and State deserved it after the big hurricane a few years ago.

As I watched the final minutes of the Superbowl I was thinking the same thing. I heard several referrences from the Saints players that "THEY" were the best team in the NFL and I had to laugh. It amazes me how a great QB like Brees can make a good team look great.

Txbroadcaster
02-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
It amazes me how a great QB like Brees can make a good team look great.

also shows how people give up on QBs to early..at one time Brees was 1-2 in play offs and people said he could not win the big game...now he has a SB title

Rabbit'93
02-08-2010, 10:12 AM
This reminds me of Keiths silver boot threads.

Funny.

kaorder1999
02-08-2010, 10:22 AM
only Eagle fans can get beat by a team three times in one year and still talk smack! Its funny to see!

JasperDog94
02-08-2010, 10:43 AM
The City and State deserved it after the big hurricane a few years ago. Houston as had 2 major hurricanes since Katrina, so by your definition wouldn't the Houston Texans be more deserving that the Saints?:thinking:

NateDawg39
02-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Houston as had 2 major hurricanes since Katrina, so by your definition wouldn't the Houston Texans be more deserving that the Saints?:thinking: Look what happened to the entire city of New Orleans and Houston. Biiiiig difference in destruction and chaos but hey maybe this means the Texans are in line for a SB win!!!:)

JasperDog94
02-08-2010, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Look what happened to the entire city of New Orleans and Houston. Biiiiig difference in destruction and chaos but hey maybe this means the Texans are in line for a SB win!!!:) I know. I just hate the logic that the city of NO "deserved" it. They didn't deserve it any more than any other city in America that supports their team. As a matter of fact the Saints were rumored to be on their way out of town before the hurricane hit. Now that would have been a slap in the face to NO. If the team had left and suddenly started winning and then won it all, NO would be devastated.

Farmersfan
02-08-2010, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
also shows how people give up on QBs to early..at one time Brees was 1-2 in play offs and people said he could not win the big game...now he has a SB title

I don't believe anyone "GAVE UP" on Brees until he hurt his shoulder.
And for every 1 "Brees" there are 100 "others"!!!!!!

NateDawg39
02-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I know. I just hate the logic that the city of NO "deserved" it. They didn't deserve it any more than any other city in America that supports their team. As a matter of fact the Saints were rumored to be on their way out of town before the hurricane hit. Now that would have been a slap in the face to NO. If the team had left and suddenly started winning and then won it all, NO would be devastated. I think that is WHY they needed the win. Terrible loss of life, the feeling of being left out in the cold, no motivation left and 40 odd years without the big win. New Orleans as a city needed the win and the team came through for them.

Keith7
02-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Am I happy the Eagles lost to the cowgirls? No way
Am I happy the Eagles went out when they did? Of course. If they weren't going to win the super bowl I'd rather them lose in the first round because now we get a better draft pick and we can actually sign free agents in the uncapped year. So in a sense the Eagles get the final laugh

crzyjournalist03
02-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Am I happy the Eagles lost to the cowgirls? No way
Am I happy the Eagles went out when they did? Of course. If they weren't going to win the super bowl I'd rather them lose in the first round because now we get a better draft pick and we can actually sign free agents in the uncapped year. So in a sense the Eagles get the final laugh

The Cowboys can still sign free agents...I believe they get something like $5.33 million that they're allowed to spend on "new" players. After that, they're subject to the "lose one, sign one" deal. Also, just how many free agents do you hope for the Eagles to sign? If you've looked at what's available that's unrestricted, there's not going to be much out there.

Keith7
02-08-2010, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
The Cowboys can still sign free agents...I believe they get something like $5.33 million that they're allowed to spend on "new" players. After that, they're subject to the "lose one, sign one" deal. Also, just how many free agents do you hope for the Eagles to sign? If you've looked at what's available that's unrestricted, there's not going to be much out there.

Actually if a new collective bargaining agreement isn't settled, everyone will be unrestricted.

Who would I want the Eagles to sign? How about a couple of these people:
Julius Peppers
Aaron Kampman
D'Qwell Jackson
Demeco Ryans
Elvis Dumervil
Antoine Bethea
Nick Collins
and many more!

The fact is that in an uncapped year, the cowgirls $5 million allotment isn't going to buy them anything but spare parts while the Eagles get better, which is something I just have to laugh about.

NateDawg39
02-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Actually if a new collective bargaining agreement isn't settled, everyone will be unrestricted.

Julius Peppers
Aaron Kampman
D'Qwell Jackson
Demeco Ryans
Elvis Dumervil
Antoine Bethea
Nick Collins
and many more!

The fact is that in an uncapped year, the cowgirls $5 million allotment isn't going to buy them anything but spare parts while the Eagles get better, which is something I just have to laugh about. You assume the Eagles will get better with big names? How about leadership, and some new classy fans to start :p

Keith7
02-08-2010, 02:13 PM
You assume the Eagles will get better with big names? How about leadership, and some new classy fans to start :p

Yea because classy fans are those who have sex on the floor of the bathroom in their stadium like the cowgirls

crzyjournalist03
02-08-2010, 02:16 PM

Julius Peppers
Aaron Kampman
D'Qwell Jackson
Demeco Ryans
Elvis Dumervil
Antoine Bethea
Nick Collins
and many more!

The fact is that in an uncapped year, the cowgirls $5 million allotment isn't going to buy them anything but spare parts while the Eagles get better, which is something I just have to laugh about.

no...in an uncapped year, most of the players become restricted. Players like Vincent Jackson, Miles Austin, Elvis Dumervil, etc. will all be restricted free agents unless there's a new CBA.

Keith7
02-08-2010, 02:20 PM
no...in an uncapped year, most of the players become restricted. Players like Vincent Jackson, Miles Austin, Elvis Dumervil, etc. will all be restricted free agents unless there's a new CBA.

Ok upon further research, you're right. Still I wouldn't want Miles Austin or Vincent Jackson on my team. They are chumps in my book

crzyjournalist03
02-08-2010, 02:20 PM
In fact Keith, I just did a little research and found that on the list you created, only Kampman and Peppers will actually be UFA.

Keith7
02-08-2010, 02:22 PM
In fact Keith, I just did a little research and found that on the list you created, only Kampman and Peppers will actually be UFA.

I'd give up draft picks for most of those people, I like having that option as opposed to having to sit back and twiddle my thumbs like the turds have to

crzyjournalist03
02-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Ok upon further research, you're right. Still I wouldn't want Miles Austin or Vincent Jackson on my team. They are chumps in my book

lol...only you Keith would consider two players who were in the top 10 in receiving yards in the entire NFL last year to be chumps.

I can almost see why you'd hate on Miles Austin considering his team, but what's the beef with Vincent Jackson?

crzyjournalist03
02-08-2010, 02:24 PM
I'd give up draft picks for most of those people, I like having that option as opposed to having to sit back and twiddle my thumbs like the turds have to

unfortunately though, you'll most likely have to choose just one RFA or two at the most. Once you've traded your first- and third-round picks for one RFA, you can't trade those picks again for future RFAs.

Keith7
02-08-2010, 02:25 PM

I can almost see why you'd hate on Miles Austin considering his team, but what's the beef with Vincent Jackson?

Nothing in particular. I just like Desean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin's potential more than Vincent Jackson. Besides, his nickname is the "wild child", how gay is that?

BullsFan
02-08-2010, 02:32 PM
It's kind of funny to see how deep you have to dig to find some sort of pleasure in a season where your very favoritest team got beat not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES by the team you hate the most. And that last was the one that knocked you out of the playoffs. And one was a SHUTOUT where your boys got plain embarrassed after mouthing off about us. And then mouthed off again immediately after. Right before we did it again the very next week.

Yeah, must be great to be an Eagles fan. I can see where you find the joy!

NateDawg39
02-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Nothing in particular. I just like Desean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin's potential more than Vincent Jackson. Besides, his nickname is the "wild child", how gay is that? Maclin will be a huge star one day.

NateDawg39
02-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
It's kind of funny to see how deep you have to dig to find some sort of pleasure in a season where your very favoritest team got beat not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES by the team you hate the most. And that last was the one that knocked you out of the playoffs. And one was a SHUTOUT where your boys got plain embarrassed after mouthing off about us. And then mouthed off again immediately after. Right before we did it again the very next week.

Yeah, must be great to be an Eagles fan. I can see where you find the joy! Keith will find a way to bash the cowboys anyway he can. It is what he does best especially if we give him stuff to work with lol

BullsFan
02-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Keith will find a way to bash the cowboys anyway he can. It is what he does best especially if we give him stuff to work with lol

Oh I know. But every time I think I can't be surprised at how silly it all seems, he goes and posts something else. Sometimes I just feel compelled to say something...this was one of those times.

(Occasionally I find myself siding with him, since I am a UNT alum. That's when it gets serious....lol)

kaorder1999
02-08-2010, 02:44 PM
I think its hilarious! lol

NateDawg39
02-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
Oh I know. But every time I think I can't be surprised at how silly it all seems, he goes and posts something else. Sometimes I just feel compelled to say something...this was one of those times.

(Occasionally I find myself siding with him, since I am a UNT alum. That's when it gets serious....lol) I try to side with Keith on some occasions but eventually I give in and go back to my true nature

LE Dad
02-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Bitter party of 1 much?

:D I tried to give Keith his own thread to play with, but it got closed. :(

themsu97
02-08-2010, 03:09 PM

not quite... Jeremy Shockey did not play in that game... Saints were 15-0 with him in the line up

LE Dad
02-08-2010, 03:13 PM
You assume the Eagles will get better with big names? How about leadership, and some new classy fans to start :p Big names worked for the Skins.:D I am sure it will for the Eagles too.:clap: :clap:

MJMbrahmas10
02-08-2010, 06:35 PM
i think there is a word out there for keith, and it means ignorant but i cant put it on the DL

espn1
02-08-2010, 07:05 PM
YAY!! GOO COWGIRLS!! You, the Saints and Panthers are world champions!! Great job! LOL But the Eagles will always SUCK! ANd the rest of those yANKEE Teams!

espn1
02-08-2010, 07:06 PM
Did I mention the Eagles Suck!

carter08
02-08-2010, 07:11 PM
Demeco Ryans ain't going to Philly. No way, no how.

Also, Dallas sucks.
Philly sucks too.

espn1
02-08-2010, 07:19 PM
And people that are retarded enough to think Dallas sucks!

Bull's-eye
02-09-2010, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Big names worked for the Skins.:D I am sure it will for the Eagles too.:clap: :clap:

People usually don't look at this side of free agency, but how many teams over spend or get crippled financially when the players get injured or don't produce? Signing these players brings an added risk, I always liked building through the draft. Finding those gems like Marion Barber or Jay Ratliff in the later rounds is what can build a winner.

Pick6
02-09-2010, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by carter08
Demeco Ryans ain't going to Philly. No way, no how.

Also, Dallas sucks.
Philly sucks too.

Houston has won nothing so what would be worst than sucking? Whatever it is, that's Houston.

bleacherbum
02-09-2010, 09:51 AM
We beat the Super Bowl champions! One of only 2 teams to do so.

Actually you are one of three teams. The Saints weren't 13-3 in the regular season by only losing to two teams. Im sure your forgetting the Buccaneers.