PDA

View Full Version : Gonzales' Schedule

Gontex
02-07-2010, 07:29 PM
I don't know any particular order to the games, but I heard Gonzales is scheduling non-district games with Corpus Christi Miller, Austin Lanier, Luling and Columbus. Definitely is unofficial, but source should be good.

Lombardi
02-08-2010, 07:32 AM
Lock must of inherited the schedule

Gontex
02-08-2010, 09:45 AM
Schedule would not have been set up until Feb. 1 and Ricky was already in Gonzales then. Kris is applying in lots of places. Hope he finds something soon. I really feel like in the right situation, he is going to do somebody a great job. He was a super defensive coordinator in Gonzales. Miller and Lanier probably won't be nearly as tough as Columbus. Gonzales and Columbus used to play first game of the year nearly every year. They were some really good games.

bigcat8
02-08-2010, 10:05 AM
IT was already set up... except for Miller... the game they had set up for zero week, dropped them after realignment..

bigcat8
02-08-2010, 10:35 AM
Dang Gontex ...Saw Little Lock squat 510 and deadlft 540...
at a powerlifting meet this weekend... They got second as a team... They had some good looking kids walking around there...

apache78
02-08-2010, 12:23 PM
Gonzales does have some great looking younger kids, Lock is just going to have to re-instill that part about winning. Lock's first year here saw him win 3-4 games in that last 30 seconds of the game. He just need to recpature that mentality and a some defensive cajone's and Gonzales will be fine.

underware
02-08-2010, 12:50 PM
I"m looking forward to seeing Gonzo pick it up a notch. I'm a Yoakum guy, and it don't look good. So I have to hang with you guys in Gonzales?

bigcat8
02-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Well, they looked good saturday..

Gontex
02-09-2010, 09:18 AM
I'm glad to hear that. Coach Micheaux's program was in trouble. From the outside looking in, it looked like coaches have been discouraged. Even the basketball program is struggling. Apaches are in danger of not making the playoffs this year. I can't even remember the last time that happened, but it must have been sometimes in the last 30-40 years. Change in attitude will be job 1 for Coach Locke. Athleticism is there, but somebody has to be able to blend it all together and make the best use of the talent that is there. I still think Kris is going to make somebody a great coach at some point in his career because he is a good man. AD position is about much more than just coaching the kids.

Gontex
02-09-2010, 02:47 PM
Here's hoping Ricky stays around a little longer this time. District is in the process of hiring a new sup to replace Salazar. Even though Vic hasn't done a bad job in Gonzales, sometimes those positions just need to change in order to alter the view of the entire district. Hopefully someone will be hired that Coach can work with. Athletics are a huge part of establishing a good overall attitude within the entire school district and the educational program.

bigcat8
02-09-2010, 03:03 PM
I talked to Coach Lock recently and he was very excited to get the opportunity to go back.. After the death of his wife, he felt like he needed to get his children closer to family. He owns a home there in Gonzales. He said he wants his kids to graduate from Gonzales... So it sounds like he would like to be there a while....

Gontex
02-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Sounds like something I want to hear. It's been a while since this program has had any continuity. When you have people come in and stay two years and then they are gone, doesn't do the long range development of the program any good at all.

fire_it_up
02-16-2010, 04:26 PM
Kids in Gonzales are really excited and pumped up about the change. They are really fired up to do some great things on the field next year. Girls program looks strong too in the upcoming years. The freshmen brought alot of talent.