PDA

View Full Version : Barber Hill/Bridge City update

BigRed01
11-16-2002, 09:39 PM
BC 17 BH 14 3rd Quarter

LP-DB
11-16-2002, 09:49 PM
as soon as possible get us another update please would like to know how this is going..

# 80

BigRed01
11-16-2002, 09:57 PM
LP-DB:
as soon as possible get us another update please would like to know how this is going..

# 80Bridge City just scored, BC 24 BH 14, they got a fumble recovery on the 4 and Peebles scored in one play...if you want to hear it, go to WWW.KOGT.COM...go (http://WWW.KOGT.COM...go) to the sports section and you will see a box to hear the game

BigRed01
11-16-2002, 09:59 PM
www.kogt.com (http://www.kogt.com)

BigRed01
11-16-2002, 10:12 PM
Matt Peebles, 28 carries 210 yards in the 4th period, 5 minutes to go.....Peebles runs 69 yards to lift Bridge City 31 Barbers Hill 14. Matt is really putting on a show tonight, Barbers Hill is a really good team. I wouldn't have expected this.

BigRed01
11-16-2002, 10:23 PM
Bridge City is driving first and goal, but only 1:00 left in the game.....Coach Tarver won't run it up, it's how we've done business all year long.......That's it.......FINAL
BRIDGE CITY 31
BARBERS HILL 14

Congrats to my Cardinals, and Congrats to a really good Barbers Hill team.

sintonpop
11-16-2002, 10:26 PM
Great win BC...goodluck next week.

eye of the tiger
11-16-2002, 10:29 PM
Cardinals still rolling. Congrats on a big win.

BigRed01
11-16-2002, 10:31 PM
Some Final stats on this game

BH BC
Rushing 137 307
Passing 66 67
Total 203 374
First Downs 11 15

Bridge City was penalized for holding alot. We will have to work on that....we had alot of plays called back. Peebles was the big story...28 carries 210 yards, and taken midway out of the fourth. Great game, this one lived up to the hype.

SintonFan
11-16-2002, 10:36 PM
Congratulations BC! Yall seem to have picked it up from last year. Good luck next week.

BigRed01
11-16-2002, 10:51 PM
SintonFan:
Congratulations BC! Yall seem to have picked it up from last year. Good luck next week.Thanks SintonFan, I'm not sure who we will be facing now between Eglin and Navasota, however, it sure is a sign of relief to get past Barbers Hill. Does anyone know the winner of that game?

RBARKER
11-16-2002, 11:05 PM
Just got back from the game. BC simply outplayed the Hill tonight. One bad call I'm sure everyone will here about but BC won this one. Good job BH you hung in there seya next year. Good luck to BC next week stay healthy give Jasper a run for the money.

eagle08
11-16-2002, 11:31 PM
Congrats to BC. Elgin won 22-14. Knight and Peebles are a great one..two punch for BC. Looks like ya'll will meet up with Jasper if BC plays like they are capable of next week against Elgin. Good luck to the cards.

labrat99
11-17-2002, 12:25 AM
This was a much closer game than the score indicates. Barbers Hill played a great game. First half was pretty much all BC - decent offense, smothering defense. However, Barbers Hill came out throwing after the half with quite a bit of success.

In the end though, BC made huge plays when they needed to. Jamie Knight returned a kickoff for a touchdown after one BH score. Then, late in the game, when BC just needed some first downs to eat up the clock on first and 30, ( more on that later ) Matt Peebles goes for 70 yards and a BIG TD. That pretty much was the knife in the heart for the Eagles.

Great game on both sides of the field - I'm glad I got to see it. Both towns have reason to be proud of their kids.

labrat99
11-17-2002, 12:37 AM
About "The Call" - I'm not a football expert, so I'd like to figure out what happened. I saw the play when the ball hit the ground, I immediately thought "that's a fumble" and BC ended up with it. The Refs signalled BC ball and then the BH quarterback started motioning to the official that it was a shovel pass that was dropped.

Once he started motioning that it was a shovel pass, I started thinking he was right. My question is this: did the Barbers Hill player have possesion of the ball and then drop it? Or, did he never pull it in; it which case it was probably a blown call. I'd sure like to see a tape of that play!

Old Cardinal
11-17-2002, 12:45 AM
I was ruled that he had full possession of the shuttle pass and that he dropped it. I am just glad that it had no effect on the outcome of the winning score of the ballgame. I thought that the only bad call was when Knight went down with the ball in full possession and the BH player twisted it from him on the ground and the Ref called it a fumble!

labrat99
11-17-2002, 12:53 AM
Old Card - You're right about the J. Knight fumble on the punt return; that was no fumble. It happened directly in fron of where I was sitting. He was down when the ball came loose. It was a bad call and a tough one for BC. They made a great defensive stand to stop BH from capitalizing on it. That's one of the instances I was referring to when I said that BC made the big plays when they really had to.

classof 85
11-17-2002, 12:58 AM
The REF bloo the call, it was an incomplete pass and he Knew it because he tried to make up for it on Knight's punt return. His Knee was down when the ball was stripped. But it's hard to complain when they gave us the ball on the 4 yard line.
I did feel like our team speed really showed tonight. It looked as though we had the advantage in that area.
It was an excellent game. That was a really well exacuted on-side kick.
Congrats to Barbers Hill on a great year.

BigRed01
11-17-2002, 01:25 AM
I heard the officiating was from a team up in Waco.

BHcheeze24
11-17-2002, 01:29 AM
It was an awesome game. We didn't sit a second in our student section it was non stop screaming. It was the funnest game i've ever cheered at. Congrats BC but the game only ended up the way it did because the REFs cheated us. That was the turning point right there we were still within striking distance until the call then it was over. I'd have to say that Peebles is a bbbbbaaaaaaddddddd man. The BH defense was awesome tonight to be able to hold him to what he got because the way he was running he should have scored a bunch more than he did.

PS Don Price was awesome on the sideline when he gave the REF an ear full we were ecstatic.

GO TEXAS TECH!!!!! That was one awesome shot out in the torilla factory.

<small>[ November 17, 2002, 12:32 AM: Message edited by: BHcheeze24 ]</small>

3ABirdMan
11-17-2002, 01:51 AM
I missed the shuttle pass play watching and keying on the LB's (Melich & Verrett). BUT, IF the refs blew THAT call, they made up for it on the Knight punt return - This one I DID see, and they DID blow it. OK, that made us even on blown turn-over calls. 'Nuff said.

I find it hard to believe we had that many successive holding violations on the next to last drive, though. I really felt like that was home field advantage, which was also OK, because time was ticking on the clock.

Barber's Hill showed their class on the field. I did not see one instance of showboating, or talking smack on the field ( thank God, we all did enough of that on here!). #21 Casey Shows played a great game, and made several key tackles to keep the Cards from breaking long runs. Several times he was all that stood between the BC ballcarrier and 6 points, and he never missed a tackle! Great Game! #40, aka QBKILLA, I know you'll see this - Great Game also. It was a pleasure to watch you play.

BC Defense had 1 interception, but dropped 4 more that very easily should have been turnovers. Glad to see the pass "D" up to speed tonight.

All around great game played by 2 great teams. I posted on another thread that I felt it was a shame for these 2 quality teams to meet this early, and they proved their quality on the field tonight. I'm sorry the Hill out of it.

Congratulations, BH, on a great season. Looking forward to seeing you again next year!

BH_146
11-17-2002, 01:56 AM
Congrats to Bridge City on the victory tonight. Knight and Peebles were the real deal as well as BC's linebacker corps. As far as the shuttle pass, it was a blown call; a no-doubter. The pass goes completely through Carrington's hands. Don't know how all of the officiating crew missed it. Did it impact the game? Most definitely and BC made sure it did. Would the score have been different? Maybe not. There was alot of time left in the fourth quarter and Peebles seemed as though he hadn't lost a step. But it's tough to pick yourself up when as if nothing had happened when you have to try and scored atleast 10 points in the final 9 minutes when BC rarely gives up that much in a game. It was a critical call. The fumbled punt was also a blown call. Too bad it wasn't at the BC 3. And Peebles 68 yard run in the fourth; just amazing. Good luck BC in your quest for state.

<small>[ November 17, 2002, 01:00 AM: Message edited by: BH_146 ]</small>

Birdman
11-17-2002, 02:31 AM
I just looked at the video of the game and everyone here is exactly right. The ref blew the shuttle pass call AND the "fumbled punt". Great game. It is a shame that two District Champs had to meet in week 11. Now it is time to start thinking about those Elgin Wildcats!! Go Big Red!!

FBmania
11-17-2002, 07:47 AM
Hats off to the BC Cards! Great game. A well deserved victory. Except for the one painful bad call at 17-14 backed-up at our end. Who knows what could of happen if not for the call. But BC kept coming and made it a non factor.
I'm proud of the effort of both teams. Good luck to BC the rest of the way!

exbccards76'smom
11-18-2002, 01:03 AM
just wanted to share this picture with everyone...it was taken at last night game. This shows how intense our Cards were last night.
http://www.trianglefootball.net/football/02pic1445.jpg