Graham
Alvarado
Monahans
Bridgeport
Big Spring
West
Glen Rose
Decatur

The top 3 are pretty easy to figure, but 4-7 might easily unseat one of the top three. The final three are good enough to surprise anybody on any night. District 8 should be a war.

Region 2: Carthage
Gilmer
Pittsburg
Celina
Prosper
Liberty -Eylau
Lindale
Lucus Lovejoy
Argyle
Henderson

There are 7 teams in this Region that could all have a legitimate claim to the top three teams. And, the bottom three will not be a pushover for any of the top 7. I would hate to know I had to play Gilmer, Carthage, Pittsburg , and Henderson in district play. As a coach, suicide might be a better option.

Region 3: Sealy
LaGrange
West Orange Stark
Mexia
Giddings
Jasper
LaVega
Silsbee
Coldspring
Palestine

This Region is loaded . There are at least 20 teams that could easily be top 10 teams by the end of the year if they get a break or two. District 23 looks pretty tough, but don't under rate the makeup of District 24 and District 21. Whoever comes out of this Region in the end will be battle tested.

Region 4: Cuero
Sinton
Burnet
Liberty Hill
LaVernia
Needville
Wimberley
Ingleside
Pearsall
Hondo

Cuero is definitely the team to beat, but there are at least five teams in this Region that could be the team to pull that upset off. I know that LH had a rough year last year, but I think they will be back this year. Needville could be the wild card in the region.

IHStangFan
02-06-2010, 01:37 PM
A few thoughts.....

In region 1...I think that it could go a few ways....I still lean towards AW being near the top....maybe Brownwood get's over that "hump" and steps up to where several people THOUGHT they'd be by now in Reg. 1.

Region 2...I think district 16 is LOADED. BOTH state champions in Gilmer and Carthage....AND Henderson dropping....SOMEONE out of this district will win the region.

Region 3...watch out for D23. I'm curious about Navasota next year. Sealy will be tough, as they have a good coach and lots of talent.

Region 4....this region will be interesting to follow....the big dog...Cuero has a new coach, coming in who is BOUND to make some system changes, not to mention they lost their stud QB. Will an Ingleside or Sinton or Needville or LaVernia be able to slide by them this year?? Ingleside has won their district outright 3 of the last 4 yrs and shared it this year if I'm not mistaken....they will win D30 again.

jayfan1
02-06-2010, 01:54 PM
What did Needville lose to graduation besides QB? Who will step in to fill his shoes?

Pendragon13
02-06-2010, 02:42 PM
Out of region 2 the one to watch out for is Lucas Lovejoy. Imagine a near mirror image of Abilene Wylie with nearly all the key players from a hard fought semi-final game with AW coming back for next season and you have LL..

LE Dad
02-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Thats as good as any place to start. I know region 2 has some great non district action that should help clarify things a little. I am glad to see another East Texas district back in the region, I just wish they would find someway to put us on opposite ends of region. Lol :D

Another point of interest is that quite a few Reg2 teams that were D1 last year should be going D2 this year.

LH Panther Mom
02-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
I know that LH had a rough year last year, but I think they will be back this year.
Thanks for the vote of confidence! I think that we will indeed be back. I expect some really good things from the 2010 version of the Panthers, including but not limited to, the the beasts' little bro. :cool:

HEMOTOXIC
02-06-2010, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
A few thoughts.....
Region 3...watch out for D23. I'm curious about Navasota next year. Sealy will be tough, as they have a good coach and lots of talent.

We are all curious. IMO, Fedora has the entire program going in the right direction. There has always been talent in Navasota. The pieces will all fall in place before the season ends. Maybe a 2nd or 3rd place finish for the Rattlers.:D

IHStangFan
02-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
We are curious. IMO, Fedora has the entire program going in the right direction. There has always been talent and I don't see the 2010 season being any different. Only time will tell! Agreed....I think you guys will be just fine. There are some good things happening up there in Rattler country.

HEMOTOXIC
02-06-2010, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Agreed....I think you guys will be just fine. There are some good things happening up there in Rattler country.

Agreed.

lvbears32
02-06-2010, 04:55 PM
number 5? weve got some proovin to do

Old Cardinal
02-06-2010, 05:37 PM
I see the rating-posters coming in to Region III have FIVE of their teams rated in the top ten......I don't think you realize that there are some good established Region III teams that can play ball.

We will know the answer to that as the season finishes.

OldBison75
02-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Cardinal, I don't know which 5 teams you are talking about. I posted the original teams based on my outlook, not even placing my team in the top ten. Like I said in the post, there are at least 20 teams in Region 3, any five of which could end up in the final overall top 10. This Region is loaded with talent and whoever wins the region will be battle tested.

bobcat4life
02-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Thanks for the vote of confidence! I think that we will indeed be back. I expect some really good things from the 2010 version of the Panthers, including but not limited to, the the beasts' little bro. :cool: what does LH have coming back? I know they lost alot after 2008, but I didnt hear much about them last year

SWAS009
02-06-2010, 07:36 PM
I think your giving us a little too much credit. We will get stronger as the season goes on, but we're still losing all our senior leadership, and our four year quarterback.

WOS87
02-06-2010, 07:56 PM
In no particular order...

Region I
Monahans
Abilene Wylie
Brownwood
Big Spring
Snyder
Vernon
Graham
Mineral Wells
Kennedale
Alvarado

Region II
Aubrey
Pilot Point
Argyle
Prosper
Lucas Lovejoy
Celina
Gilmer
Carthage
Pittsburg
Liberty-Eylau

Region III
Kirbyville
Jasper
Lorena
West Orange-Stark
Coldspring
Navasota
Giddings
La Grange
Bellville
Sealy

Region IV
Liberty Hill
Burnet
Wimberley
Hondo
Cuero
Sweeny
Sinton
Ingleside
Mathis
CC West Oso

CueroDad08
02-06-2010, 08:20 PM
Region 4....this region will be interesting to follow....the big dog...Cuero has a new coach, coming in who is BOUND to make some system changes, not to mention they lost their stud QB. Will an Ingleside or Sinton or Needville or LaVernia be able to slide by them this year?? Ingleside has won their district outright 3 of the last 4 yrs and shared it this year if I'm not mistaken....they will win D30 again. [/B][/QUOTE]

Just something for region 4 to keep in mind.

Cuero WILL have one of there Better teams going into season.
Very well rounded group on both sides of the ball next season.
The O line will be alot bigger, to lead the way for Jackson & Thibodeaux. The Gobblers also return top 3 WR's & TE. The D will be even faster with 9 out of 11 back....Next years SR group will settle for nothing but a State Crown.

It will take one hell of a team to knock em off. These guys NEVER stop comming at you for 4 Qts.

WOS87
02-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Question for Region IV folks... how is Mathis looking this year? What do they have returning? They were tri-champs last year along with Sinton and Ingleside

Old Cardinal
02-06-2010, 10:28 PM
To WOS 87
Your rating for Region III is fairly accurate in my opinion. Thank you for your knowledge of Region III, sharing with us.

I would agree that Kirbyville coming up from 2A will be potent and would really surprise a lot of people who at this point have never heard of this fine program.

Blastoderm55
02-07-2010, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
Question for Region IV folks... how is Mathis looking this year? What do they have returning? They were tri-champs last year along with Sinton and Ingleside

Mathis returns its QB, TB, HB, FB, TE, a couple of swingmen in the rotation and an OT. On defense, they return two LB, I think 2 on the DL, and 2 in the secondary.

buckeyebob
02-07-2010, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Thats as good as any place to start. I know region 2 has some great non district action that should help clarify things a little. I am glad to see another East Texas district back in the region, I just wish they would find someway to put us on opposite ends of region. Lol :D

Another point of interest is that quite a few Reg2 teams that were D1 last year should be going D2 this year.

I still have trouble understanding how Div. 2 Champ has a higher enrollment than Div. 1 Champ...UIL...go figure.

big daddy russ
02-07-2010, 08:12 PM
1. Cuero
2. Sweeny
3. Mathis
4. Wimberley
5. Burnet
6. LaVernia
7. Sinton
8. Burnet
9. Hondo
10. Port Isabel

Cuero's undoubtedly number one. Mathis seems to be overlooked, but they're definitely the team to beat in District 30 and a top five team in the region. I've only seen highlights of them, but if they return as much as I'm hearing, they'll be a major player in the postseason.

I'm interested to see what happens with Ingleside, Pearsall, Boerne, Liberty Hill, Canyon Lake, Yoakum, Needville, Rockport, and West Oso.

Ingleside lost a ton, but has some impressive youngsters coming up. Still don't know if they'll be able to beat Mathis and/or Sinton, but they'll be a tough out.

Don't know what Pearsall, Needville, and Yoakum return, but they could also be a factor. All looked like they were all just a notch below the region's elite last year (Yoakum lacked consistency, Peasall was tough to figure out--very up-and-down, and Needville played in a different region). If Pearsall lost their QB, that's a major blow.

Canyon Lake may be a sleeper. If I remember correctly, they were almost entirely underclassmen last year. It'll be interesting to see their progress. In that same district, Liberty Hill's another mystery. Was the loss of their OC last year the end of the run, or do they have something left in the tank?

West Oso always has a ton of talent, maybe moving south and halving the district will give them some momentum.

I honestly don't know enough about 4A move-ins Boerne and Rockport-Fulton, but either could make some noise after coming out of tough 4A districts.

They're the early favorites in the district. Return almost all of their key players while we (Ingleside) and Sinton lost some key kids.

Their RB will play on Saturdays somewhere.

Charlie47
02-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
1. Cuero
2. Sweeny
3. Mathis
4. Wimberley
5. Burnet
6. LaVernia
7. Sinton
8. Burnet
9. Hondo
10. Port Isabel

Cuero's undoubtedly number one. Mathis seems to be overlooked, but they're definitely the team to beat in District 30 and a top five team in the region. I've only seen highlights of them, but if they return as much as I'm hearing, they'll be a major player in the postseason.

I'm interested to see what happens with Ingleside, Pearsall, Boerne, Liberty Hill, Canyon Lake, Yoakum, Needville, Rockport, and West Oso.

Ingleside lost a ton, but has some impressive youngsters coming up. Still don't know if they'll be able to beat Mathis and/or Sinton, but they'll be a tough out.

Don't know what Pearsall, Needville, and Yoakum return, but they could also be a factor. All looked like they were all just a notch below the region's elite last year (Yoakum lacked consistency, Peasall was tough to figure out--very up-and-down, and Needville played in a different region). If Pearsall lost their QB, that's a major blow.

Canyon Lake may be a sleeper. If I remember correctly, they were almost entirely underclassmen last year. It'll be interesting to see their progress. In that same district, Liberty Hill's another mystery. Was the loss of their OC last year the end of the run, or do they have something left in the tank?

West Oso always has a ton of talent, maybe moving south and halving the district will give them some momentum.

I honestly don't know enough about 4A move-ins Boerne and Rockport-Fulton, but either could make some noise after coming out of tough 4A districts.

They're the early favorites in the district. Return almost all of their key players while we (Ingleside) and Sinton lost some key kids.

Like Burnet huh?:confused:

clhsdad
02-08-2010, 08:39 AM
unfortunately Canyon Lake looses 18 seniors who played a big role in last years success. They still have a good group of kids returning but will need several to step up big in key positions.

I think we can still make the playoffs in this district but it will be a dogfight.

gold_33
02-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Im excited to see the Wimberley vs Cuero game early in the season to see how we fare. Wimberley should be pretty loaded this year with probably our best group of senior/juniors since we won state. RB Smith will be a junior along with the younger Blakemoore, who turned into a star last year, and we return alot of the kids who went 4 rounds deep into the playoffs last year. Biggest question mark will be QB but we have some good younger kids coming up that should be able to step in and fill the void. Dennis Smith and Trent Jackson quite possibly could be 2 of the biggest recruits in 3A for the class of 2012, so to have them both on the field squaring off against each other will be a show.

Old Green
02-08-2010, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by gold_33
Im excited to see the Wimberley vs Cuero game early in the season to see how we fare. Wimberley should be pretty loaded this year with probably our best group of senior/juniors since we won state. RB Smith will be a junior along with the younger Blakemoore, who turned into a star last year, and we return alot of the kids who went 4 rounds deep into the playoffs last year. Biggest question mark will be QB but we have some good younger kids coming up that should be able to step in and fill the void. Dennis Smith and Trent Jackson quite possibly could be 2 of the biggest recruits in 3A for the class of 2012, so to have them both on the field squaring off against each other will be a show. :2thumbsup Agreed. Dennis Smith and Trent on the same field should attract quite a few college scouts.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
02-09-2010, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
1. Cuero
2. Sweeny
3. Mathis
4. Wimberley
5. Burnet
6. LaVernia
7. Sinton
8. Burnet
9. Hondo
10. Port Isabel

Port Isabel at #10? Until they can cure the turnover bug that has been plaguing PI for the last several years, the Tarpons don't deserve any mentions of any rankings whatsoever.

Sure it's harsh, but it's the truth. Two 4-6 seasons in a row also hurts. Thankfully the Senior class behind those two 4-6 seasons are GONE and the younger classes are much more enthusiastic about football and the Tarpon tradition.

lostaussie
02-09-2010, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
Imagine a near mirror image of Abilene Wylie and that is supposed to scare who??:devil:

Old Dog
02-09-2010, 12:10 PM
Burnet is very much an unknown factor in 2010. Graduated quite a few excellent players. Ability of reloads is not known!

bandera7
02-09-2010, 12:14 PM
I always enjoy the season more when Bandera is not up on the top...sure, it was nice the last few years to get some notice. but now we have nothing to lose. We have some good players returning. We did lose quite a bit to graduation, but the sophomore, now junior class, should fill in some holes quite nicely.

Phil C
02-09-2010, 12:19 PM
In no particular order...

Region I
Monahans
Abilene Wylie
Brownwood
Big Spring
Snyder
Vernon
Graham
Mineral Wells
Kennedale
Alvarado

Region II
Aubrey
Pilot Point
Argyle
Prosper
Lucas Lovejoy
Celina
Gilmer
Carthage
Pittsburg
Liberty-Eylau

Region III
Kirbyville
Jasper
Lorena
West Orange-Stark
Coldspring
Navasota
Giddings
La Grange
Bellville
Sealy

Region IV
Liberty Hill
Burnet
Wimberley
Hondo
Cuero
Sweeny
Sinton
Ingleside
Mathis
CC West Oso

Notice Sinton plays 4 of the top ten in their region during the regular season.

:eek: :(

Black_Magic
02-09-2010, 12:27 PM
everyone in District 5 in in top 10 except sweetwater.;)