PDA

View Full Version : If this happens....

LE Dad
02-05-2010, 04:41 PM
I am soooo there:

Preakness winner Rachel Alexandra is coming to Oaklawn Park in Hot Springs, Ar. That in itself got my attention but in the words of my favorite "as seen on tv" commercial "but wait that's not all".
Zenyatta, runnerup to Rachel for 2009 horse of the year is being enticed to the Natural State. That is,if you call a $5,000,000 purse enticement.
It is not a done deal yet, but everything is pointing toward these 2 ladies meeting head to head in the April "Apple Blossom". WOW!!

ccmom
02-05-2010, 04:42 PM
Count me in, too! I love me some horse racing! :inlove:

LE Dad
02-05-2010, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Count me in, too! I love me some horse racing! :inlove: This will be the biggest race at Oaklawn since Smarty Jones ran there. Of course that was before he became SMARTY JONES!! :D

lvbears32
02-05-2010, 06:20 PM
i hope this happens. who do yall think would win?

LE Dad
02-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by lvbears32
i hope this happens. who do yall think would win? It will be a toss up. They are extending the distance which favors Zenyatta, and Zenyatta is also coming out of retirement which could be an advantage with freasher legs.
Rachel is currently preping at Fairgounds in New Orleans. She is the younger of the 2 and has more recent big race experience. She has made a living out of beating bigger, stronger males. Now she gets a chance against a female of equal caliber.