PDA

View Full Version : Pirates Coach Comments On Upcoming Season

maroonpirate04
02-05-2010, 01:23 PM
Thought I'd share this with, with all the hoopla of the upcoming football season and the new realignment. The Sinton paper printed the story about the Pirate football schedule I thought it was interesting to see what Coach Tom Allen commented on what to expect this year check it out

Hondo- "New Head Coach Randy Graf from La Pryor- Very successful there back-to-back playoff teams"

Rio Hondo- "Will be very talented with most returning from last year's team we slipped past in the 1st round"

West Oso- "Will have a new head coach and will be very talented."

Robstown- "Always a war! Should be even better than last year."

Orange Grove- "Great rivalry game to keep alive. Very well coached."

Rockport Fulton- "Moving down from 4A will be very physical and have great depth. Probably ranked high in 3A."

Ingleside- "Losing some quality players, but will reload and be at or near the top as usual."

Aransas Pass- "Look for them to make some real noise. They were very young and will be some experienced and full of talent."

Mathis- "No doubt will be at the top of the district. Everyone returning off a playoff team. Tough/ Tough/ Tough!"

Goliad- "Very happy to be in the district. Much like AP, will be more experienced and have lots of talent."

"This is one of the deepest districts in the state." Coach Allen said. "Top to bottom every team has a legitimate shot at a playoff berth. With five district games, every game's outcome will be magnified. (It) should be a very interesting and exciting year."

On that happy note very well said by our coach. Can't wait

GO PIRATES GO!!!

Sweetwater Red
02-05-2010, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by maroonpirate04
Thought I'd share this with, with all the hoopla of the upcoming football season and the new realignment. The Sinton paper printed the story about the Pirate football schedule I thought it was interesting to see what Coach Tom Allen commented on what to expect this year check it out

Hondo- "New Head Coach Randy Graf from La Pryor- Very successful there back-to-back playoff teams"

Rio Hondo- "Will be very talented with most returning from last year's team we slipped past in the 1st round"

West Oso- "Will have a new head coach and will be very talented."

Robstown- "Always a war! Should be even better than last year."

Orange Grove- "Great rivalry game to keep alive. Very well coached."

Rockport Fulton- "Moving down from 4A will be very physical and have great depth. Probably ranked high in 3A."

Ingleside- "Losing some quality players, but will reload and be at or near the top as usual."

Aransas Pass- "Look for them to make some real noise. They were very young and will be some experienced and full of talent."

Mathis- "No doubt will be at the top of the district. Everyone returning off a playoff team. Tough/ Tough/ Tough!"

Goliad- "Very happy to be in the district. Much like AP, will be more experienced and have lots of talent."

"This is one of the deepest districts in the state." Coach Allen said. "Top to bottom every team has a legitimate shot at a playoff berth. With five district games, every game's outcome will be magnified. (It) should be a very interesting and exciting year."

On that happy note very well said by our coach. Can't wait

GO PIRATES GO!!!

So, basically he's saying Sinton doesn't have a chance in hell of making the playoffs? :confused:

YTBulldogs
02-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Smart Coach, no negative bulletin board material statements there.

Txbroadcaster
02-05-2010, 03:57 PM
hmm is Phil C really the HC of Sinton because they describe opponents the same

Sweetwater Red
02-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

Haha. Me and a fellow poster were just texting about that. :D

Why won't Allen just say Orange Grove and Aransas Pass suck
and if Sinton doesn't beat them then the Pirates don't deserve
to be in the playoffs? :thinking:

Phil C
02-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

;)

SintonFan_inAustin
02-22-2010, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Haha. Me and a fellow poster were just texting about that. :D

Why won't Allen just say Orange Grove and Aransas Pass suck
and if Sinton doesn't beat them then the Pirates don't deserve
to be in the playoffs? :thinking: because the Pirates squeek by them and still managed to make the playoffs;) It will be tough again. Rio Hondo will be a tough game!